Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PW Boards Draft XI - Discussion Thread!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,753 ✭✭✭✭beakerjoe

6 Posts Max
    How much do folk think is a reasonable extension..... 1 day, 2 days etc

• Registered Users Posts: 7,759 ✭✭✭Mr. Guappa

5 Posts Max
    beakerjoe wrote: »
    How much do folk think is a reasonable extension..... 1 day, 2 days etc

MNG suggested Wednesday 11th at 23:59 as the deadline. I think that's perfect.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,993 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

5 Posts Max
    I think MNG's suggestion is fair, I wanna give feedback on the late entrants (I have read them) but won't get a chance between now and Sunday tbh.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,288 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

4 Posts Max
    April 1st 23:59 aka this sunday night is the last date for submissions. Dont forget guys.
    I dont want to be giving out extensions after repeatedly saying their will be none, but considering the high level of people leaving it late and the submitting work now I will Extend the deadline by 24 Hours only.
    So Monday night 23:59.
    Any chance we can extend the deadline for vote submissions because I'll struggle to give feedback to everybody if the deadline is this Sunday. May I suggest an extended deadline of Wednesday 11th April, 23:59pm for getting votes in, and beakerjoe to announce the winner next Thursday, 12th?

Is all submitted after the original deadline eligible for votes as extended?

+ 1 please also for reading and voting extension ;)

5 Posts Max
    Feedback ABMG:
    Your roster is one of my favourites. Lots of talent, big characters, great wrestlers, varied styles and something for everyone.

I love the magazine style format of your Year in Review post. It looks top class, and you did a great job of setting the table for your upcoming show and PPV.

You've done a great job of fleshing out each feud, and I felt that each member of your roster was given something meaningful to do. Not always easy to achieve that. I like how you used The Mountie and The Sandman, your two bonus picks. It would have been easy to chuck The Sandman into Raven/Dreamer making it a 3-way, but adding him as a referee was a great move and provided some great moments.

• Advertisement

5 Posts Max
    Feedback Spongey:
    You have a roster full of guys with larger-than-life gimmicks, and your booking really emphasises those gimmicks. It's cartoony in some ways, but it really works well.

The whole Bachelorette storyline was really well done, with a fitting finish as well, and you used Bob Barker well.

Your storylines were a throwback to a non-PC era in a lot of ways: dirty Jap, a battle for someone's soul, a King having a slave, a woman's hand in marriage being fought over, a drinking Cowboy. This was a real change of pace from a lot of the other write-ups, and stands out because of it.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,823 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

6 Posts Max
    JP Liz wrote:

Is all submitted after the original deadline eligible for votes as extended?

+ 1 please also for reading and voting extension ;)

I think everything included in ABMGs helpful last list of links is ok. All of those were submitted by the final (after only 1 extension) deadline.

Wouldn't mind more time to read. People deserve feedback for their efforts and considering this is the PW board it'd be understandable if our free (potential reading) time was taken up by watching a rediculous amount of PW given its Mania week. So no issue here with a proposed extension for those purposes

6 Posts Max
    Well we shall say Thursday at 1pm is the deadline for votes so. That gives folks sometome after Tuesday Smackdown to catch up. Voting cards will be now sent out via pm on Monday

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,369 ✭✭✭✭Kolido

5 Posts Max
    I'm not great with reviews so will keep these short and sweet, hopefully I've captured everyone.

Feedback Necro:
    Enzo as GM worked really well, and with the Hurricane challenging him and winning, I had a great chuckle reading this feud, great work.
    Lou Thesz and Antonio Inoki, bit before my time, but again, very well put together and doing an ironman match worked well
    Chyna was a favourite of mine back in the day, Beth was an excellent choice for a feud, I guess that one could have went either way, again, really enjoyed this one.
    Braun Strowman, Batista and The Ultimate Warrior this was epic imo. 3 of the most over wrestlers of their generation, this is what fantasy booking is all about. I can see why you went with Braun and the little touch at the end, brilliant work.
    Nice touch with the D&D crossover scene also.

Feedback Connemara Man:
    Nice work with Burt Reynolds as GM, just picturing that opening press conference, would have made a great TV spot, loved it.
    Thought you might have went with Bayley over Lita but glad Lita won.
    Miz is always good tv, pitting him against Owens and throwing in Cena and Vader worked really well.
    A heel Cena, I like it, Vader was very underrated and giving him a title shot, giving what he had to go through to get it, works for me. Nice work overall.

Feedback Bounty Hunter:
    Your writing style and the mix of humor draws the reader in even more.
    The Batman cartoon style feud was great and Doink was perfect for it.
    Great booking with all 3 announcers also, always a big fan of Jesse.
    A heel faction of the Usos and Reign, booking them really strong throughout and could just imagine the booing it felt very realistic when picturing it.
    I was sure Reigns was going to win, but giving his heelish ways, Okada winning made sense.
    Epic writeup overall, really enjoyed reading it.

Feedback Beaker:
    Loved the opening post with Heyman assembling the roster.
    Not familiar with Ciampa and Gargano, but the leadup to the turn was great.
    Loved the Stallone feud, probably one of only a few actors who wouldn’t have looked out of place in a wrestling ring in his prime.
    I think the Benoit controversy was dealt with very well. Bret was my favourite wrestler when I was young but the result made sense and the cash in was great .
    Very well done overall. Really enjoyed reading it.

Feedback Alfred Borden:
    Nice build up to what I would assumed would have been a great Jarrett and Russo feud.
    The Owen and Bulldog buildup would have a been interesting.
    Rude v Kane, that was a nice surprise, picturing that scene of Kane smashing Rude through the glass, epic.

Feedback ABMG:
    Loved your opening post, really unique style.
    Great buildup to all your feud, really felt like they all had meaning.
    Wasn’t expecting the Heel Hogan at the end but made sense, nice twist to that feud.
    An Eddie Ziggler feud could have been great in real, great job with this one.
    Overall, very well done.

Feedback Mr. Guappa:
    Really loved this cross promotion storyline.
    Very good roster to work with, solid across the whole card.
    The Becky story was great and the result made sense.
    The twist at the end of the WWE title I did not expect, loved it.
    Overall, really liked every matchup, they all had meaning and was really easy writeup to follow, great job.

Feedback Daithi:
    Really liked the Orton DDP feud for both having the same finishing move, nice work.
    Balor and styles match is always great.
    Would been great to see the fallout from this card, nice work.

Feedback Furious Red:
    Really like the roster here. The tournament works well given what looks like would be a match with Rollins and Rhodes.
    Rhodes assembling the BC and Rollins wanting no part and the build to in feud would have great to watch.
    Amell as GM was great choice also, works well. Writes up were well done and easy to follow, would have loved to have seen the finish to this card.

Feedback Paulie:
    Great use of Hugh Jackman here. Really plausible matchup with him and Shane.
    The intervention by the hooded figure, a nice twist.
    Great work with the female division.
    Love the title match, that could be a great feud in real.
    Overall, a great roster and great work with it.

Feedback SlickRic:
    Great opening angel with Punk. Nice feud with Bruno, bit surprised Bruno won in the end but giving the heelish Punk it works.
    Loved the Jake and King feud, really well done.
    Great tag division here, lots to work with.
    Overall, great work.

Feedback ShagNastii:
    Nice work with the McMahons and Trump.
    JBL and his faction looked really strong, would have good to see where was going.
    The bus stunt in the second show sounded epic, attitude era style.
    Would have been great to see the finish to this card.

Feedback DM 7:
    Love the workaround with Foley.
    Your female division is excellent, Charlotte v Trish would be an epic build.
    Tyson on the card would make this a must watch and the Rock dropping the title was probably the best move.
    Nice work.

Feedback JP Liz V1:
    Loads of talent in your EL match, Bryan winning made sense giving his backstory going into the match.
    The humour with Sandler and his audition was a nice touch.
    A triple ladder match for the womens title was epic, as would be in real. Great booking here.
    Great card overall.

Feedback MNG:
    One of my favourite cards from all submissions.
    RVD and Ricochet is simply brilliant booking.
    Jericho and Omega had to happen given the roster and made sense for Jericho to win.
    Hardy and Steiner, what can I say. Best thing I’ve read in a long time. Very well done with this.
    Overall, an excellent card, really enjoyed the read.

Feedback Spongey1975:
    A great roster here and you really worked it well.
    The marriage angle was well done and a nice change of pace.
    The evolution of Bray was good and taking on IRS made perfect sense.
    DeBiase is always fun to watch and was worked really well here, the twist at the end was excellent.
    Overall, great roster and card.

As you probably all know, this is my first year doing the draft, and I must say, I thoroughly enjoyed it. Thanks to everyone for all the feedback and excellent work by Beaker for running it. I had a real blast reading all the submissions. Already looking forward to next year.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,594 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

4 Posts Max
    Feedback for Connemara Man:
    The press conference was well done and gave your roster a big time feel which was good. Reynolds as the GM brings a nice glamour to things. Love seeing two of my favourites Vader and Cena featuring prominently too.

I like the idea of Riley vs the Miztourage and think the fans would as well. Dillinger was put over strong with his IC win. Lita vs Bayley would be a great contest and the way Lita won allows for a possible rematch later. Owens as babyface would be a nice change and Miz would be a perfect opponent. Cena vs Vader would generate a ton of interest and I think those two would put on a great match. Cena vs Owens later down the line would also be huge.

I think you did a lovely job booking this. Everything was logical and well planned.

• Advertisement

4 Posts Max
    Feedback for Spongey1975 -
    Firstly the build-up show and I'm liking the story for Storm/Santana and King Booker/Sin Cara and keen to find out what Sin Cara does. Nice line by King Booker about Sin Cara being his property. Really liked the Bachelorette build with Sunny; that's one of the most original storylines I've seen in the game and much like Sin Cara, I'm keen to see what Sunny does at the PPV. War Machine vs Revival should be a great contest. I enjoyed how you wrote the metamorphosis from Husky to Bray and look forward to seeing how it ends. You've done a good job making Iron Sheik unlikeable and Steamboat as we know is the ultimate babyface. Curious to see who leaves with the belt.
    Main event build was again well done and I'm wondering will Taker get his soul or does Dibiase have an ace up his sleeve. Time to find out on the PPV...

Spongemania PPV - Strong opener to the show with Revival winning and the Taker appearance would get the crowd very fired up. I enjoyed how you booked King Booker cowardly tagging in and out and was pleased Sin Cara turned on him. Love the visual image of Booker's crown filled with beer on his head. The Bray/IRS match was well done and I liked the touch of Bray not being afraid of Taker. Very nice twist with Barker getting Sunny which I didn't see coming but I liked it. I was pleased to see Steamboat win but based on the ending it seems Iron Sheik isn't done with him yet.
    Loved the ending of the show with Bearer selling out to Dibiase. That would be an epic moment. I didn't see this coming either. I was wondering maybe would Bray interfere but Bearer is a much better guy to be involved since it's a betrayal of Taker which would hurt far more.

Big fan of this write-up. You tend to deliver strong shows and I can see this being in the mix for the title. Great work.

4 Posts Max
    Feedback for SlickRic -
    I like Punk having to claw his way up the ladder and wanting to prove himself. Tanahashi and The Briscoes are a good choice for title holders.

SWF: End of Days PPV – Ultimo Dragon vs Tanahashi – Great opening match to kick off proceedings. I enjoyed how you wrote it and the nearfalls towards the finish. The title change would get a great pop and the manner of the win would for sure have fans keen on a rematch.

Enjoyed the turn of Funaki leading to the Rios win. Based on what happens later I’m sensing a violent rematch between those two; Lawler using Damien was a nice touch and gives Jake a tougher challenge in future when it comes to his usual mind games.

Kennedy winning was done well and I like the image of him, sore throat and all, still announcing his name at the end.

Tag elimination match was very well written and the build up at the start got over well what a physical match we were in for. Particularly liked the touch of Funk getting the sledgehammer stuck in the Chamber wall. I think Funks winning was the right call.

Main event was great and I think again you booked it right because Punk being so arrogant needed to be taught a lesson. Especially liked the spit from Punk to Bruno’s face. That would get tremendous heat.

A thoughtful summing up at the end too which I agree with. Very strong PPV as I knew it would be. Great work.

Feedback for ShagNastii -
    Very impressive level of detail in your back story for the authority figures. You put over British Strong Style very well. Liked Dunne's line that Hunter was a wolf in sheep's clothing. Nice shot by Trump on Ted's Fake News CNN too. Love the American Brave concept.

Very strong opening show. Curious to see what the plans would have been going forward. I'm thinking maybe Hunter aligns with British Strong Style in the end? Or might there have been a swerve and they side with Vince? JBL vs Zack Sabre Jr would have been great.

Feedback for daithi1989 -
    Nice opening show and it seems the direction is Mahal vs Drew which is a cool idea given their history. Great angle with The Club turning on Balor and siding with AJ. That would be a super moment. Also enjoyed DDP doing the diamond cutter and it looks perhaps like it will be DDP and Orton; Diamond Cutter vs RKO which would be excellent.

On the second show, got a kick out of DDP telling Orton he will have to be quicker using his move against him. Great line. Balor causing a distraction made sense after what happened last show. You've done well building Nia vs Ronda. Loved the ending with DDP getting hit with the RKO from out of nowhere.

PPV - Young retaining surprised me but I like it. Club beating Cryme Time I think makes sense. Ronda vs Nia would be a great bout and I like that Ronda won. The Club winning the belts is a nice swerve and leaves them looking strong. Orton retaining I didn't see coming and the way it happened with you interfering gives DDP a reason to want revenge - and a rematch. Balor beating Style I think was the correct call and it sends the fans home happy.

Really enjoyed your build-up shows and I thought you booked the PPV intelligently. Great work. I'm wondering though who wins the chairs match between Drew and Jinder?

5 Posts Max
    Roman Reigns as a heel is great. Okada is a great opponent for him too, probably the most marquee match-up of the competition for me.

I love The Usos, so having them feature strongly gets the thumbs up from me. Aligning them with Reigns works really well.

Everyone on your roster was showcased well, and all matches had a good backstory. I liked the stories for your 2 bonus picks, D-Lo and Naomi.

The Batman/Bane stuff would not be my cup of tea at all, but I love the originality and creativity of the picks.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,804 ✭✭✭A Brad Maddox Guy

4 Posts Max
    Necro -
    Nice opening show, does a good job of setting the stage. Making Enzo GM seems a good move and you've written him & Hurricane very well. Heel Batista is always a good move.

I enjoyed the PPV; I could imagine myself being fully invested in Hurricane vs Enzo (investment in an Enzo match is something that NXT only managed once I believe) and I loved the finish. AoP vs Harper & Rowan would be an absolute war. D&D was very random but exactly the kind of thing heel Batista would hate.

I think you did a great job with Warrior promos; it's something I found very difficult to write in the past, due to lack of cocaine I assume :pac:
    Great finish in the iron man match, despite all the cheating I think Lou comes out brilliantly for not tapping.

So much star power in the main event and you're right, Braun winning catapults him to the top & combining that with leading the ex Wyatts gives you a very credible champion. I think the toughest part of the next stage would be finding someone that can actually beat him.

This was longer than I realised, likely that most other feedback will be shorter but since Necro has had everything submitted for nearly two months now it's only fair :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,288 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

4 Posts Max
    Necrominus - NCW Natural Selection III
    Wow that was an epic, well written PPV, so much effort and detail, JR and Jiminy Billy were great as commentary team, Strowman as champion winning against Warrior and Batista was a good move, definitely a top contender

4 Posts Max
    Feedback for A Brad Maddox Guy -
    Excellent opening with an easy-to- read presentation. Really enjoyed how you built up the intrigue over who had been responsible for the attack and a nice twist from that. Love how you're using The Mountie as well.

MWA Supremacy - Good opening promo and I liked the Fe-Fi-Fo-Fum line. You're using your women's division well and I got a kick out of the Grapplemania rematch and Mayu later turning on Shirai. I like the story behind Williams and Simmons a lot. Main event was well written also as Eddie pulls out the win. Hogan failing to slam Andre was a nice touch.

Wrestlerama V - Two physical, hard-hitting contests to open the show which I liked. The No Holds Barred match felt like a war. I liked the detail of the sequences in the Shirai/Iwatani match, particularly the Tigerplex counter. I enjoyed the Hardcore match which had a real ECW style to it. Mountie getting put through the table would get a great pop. Mutoh winning was a cool moment. Love the Battle of the Crazy Chicks as an idea and that would go over really well. Didn't see Hogan's actions coming and that would generate big heat. Great feel-good moment to end the show with Eddie winning.

You booked everything thoughtfully and it was fun to read. Great work. I can see you doing well.

5 Posts Max
    Feedback for Mr.Nice Guy
    DELIGHTFUL - The Matt Hardy/Steiner match was excellent.
    I found myself reading Matt's lines in his Broken voice. You captured the character and laid out the match superbly. Big Poppa Pump and his crew were ideal adversaries for Matt.

Elsewhere, that PPV would have delivered some great matches, with a nice mix of styles from brawls to high-flying contests.

I liked the Barry Windham heel turn. It tied two matches and stories together and made perfect sense.

You used you preview show well to tell the story of how the card came together. All matches are logical, and make good use of what is an excellent roster.

4 Posts Max
    Feedback for Necrominus -
    Year in Review - Loved how you ended Hassan's reign in the style of Warrior vs Honky Tonk Man. Uncorrupted is a cool name for a faction and looking forward to seeing what they get up to.

Tuesday Night Destruction - I like that Rising Star Championship clause. Cool concept. You really managed to capture Enzo as a character and I could picture him saying every word. Great back-and-forth with him and Hurricane. Big Cass involvement was well done too. Heel Lou Thesz is such an interesting idea. Really liking this. The build for Chyna vs Beth was great and I liked Beth saying she based much of herself on Chyna. Great ending to the show with Braun getting involved and that is going to be a hell of a main event.

NCW Natural Selection III - Good opening match and I think Cass winning was the right call. Liked the segment where you played Dungeons and Dragons. Big Daddy turning was a cool moment; the little ones would be heartbroken about that. Got a laugh out of Jiminy pointing out Hurricane's cables! You booked the ladder match very well and the chokeslam through the table would be brilliant. I agree with your reasoning behind Bludgeon Brothers getting the win and I think you called it right.

Thesz winning was deadly. Loved the tease spot where Inoki goes ahead only for the referee to reverse the decision. That was great. Really digging this new side of Thesz you've created. Beth winning was well handled and doing it with the pedigree was a cool element. Nice show of respect at the end. The main event was a great read and I enjoyed the battle of strength early between Braun and Warrior. Loved the near falls at the end. At one stage I was convinced Warrior had won it. This match reminded me of that great Summerslam fatal 4 way last year. Nice touch at the end with Strowman standing alongside his old colleagues The Bludgeon Brothers.

Overall, a great read and I reckon this is your best show in the Draft. You really made the land of giants roster work very well and can see you polling strongly. Well done.

6 Posts Max
    Hi Guys,

Man Im still hungover sleep wise from Mania weekend so sorry for any absence.

Voting cards will be sent out today and Voting can begin.

Hows everyone doing on reading shows? Shall we say Friday 4pm as teh deadline for vote sto be submitted?

On a personal note this year was the first year that the game felt like a chore. My heart just wasnt in it as it was in previous years and I felt burnt out and as a result my work is not on a level Im happy with. That said Ive read some great work from others thus far (still reading and feedback is coming) and that makes me really happy. Already some great choices for slammy awards emerging and I some really fun reads that will make the overall winner votes a tough call.

4 Posts Max
    Friday sounds good to me. I believe I've six entries that I've still to read.

I've been very impressed with the write-ups I've read so far.

• Advertisement

5 Posts Max
    Friday is fine by me.

6 Posts Max
    Voting cards being sent out

Furious Red, if you read thsi you have PMs turned off or a full mailbox, cant PM you

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,823 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

6 Posts Max
    Friday would be better for me too, have felt a bit burned out myself and think my imput suffered a bit this year and still have a lot to read atm

5 Posts Max
    Hi Guys,

Man Im still hungover sleep wise from Mania weekend so sorry for any absence.

Voting cards will be sent out today and Voting can begin.

Hows everyone doing on reading shows? Shall we say Friday 4pm as teh deadline for vote sto be submitted?

On a personal note this year was the first year that the game felt like a chore. My heart just wasnt in it as it was in previous years and I felt burnt out and as a result my work is not on a level Im happy with. That said Ive read some great work from others thus far (still reading and feedback is coming) and that makes me really happy. Already some great choices for slammy awards emerging and I some really fun reads that will make the overall winner votes a tough call.

I found the lag between draft picks and the show deadlines really killed the momentum again.

The new writing format was tough, I'd have like to flesh out a couple of my feuds a lot more but was pretty happy with how my end product turned out. I think any further changes would have me questioning whether I'd be interested in partaking tbh, as I sign up more for the writing than the roster selection.

Have most of my decisions made, although I'm struggling with the Double Pick Slammy, tbh.

I'll have to re-read the draft pick thread I think and compare to write-ups so that vote from me might be a bit later than the rest.

I found it a shame some folks still didn't submit any work (I know work commitments etc can get in the way), even a basic outline. That's the way it goes though, I guess.

6 Posts Max
    Necrominus wrote: »
    I found the lag between draft picks and the show deadlines really killed the momentum again.

The new writing format was tough, I'd have like to flesh out a couple of my feuds a lot more but was pretty happy with how my end product turned out. I think any further changes would have me questioning whether I'd be interested in partaking tbh, as I sign up more for the writing than the roster selection.

Have most of my decisions made, although I'm struggling with the Double Pick Slammy, tbh.

I'll have to re-read the draft pick thread I think and compare to write-ups so that vote from me might be a bit later than the rest.

I found it a shame some folks still didn't submit any work (I know work commitments etc can get in the way), even a basic outline. That's the way it goes though, I guess.

Regarding the lag between picks and deadline, I will take the blame on this. It was my call and while I had the best intentions, I feel I got it wrong with this call.

In relation to my own work, I will admit that a combination of burnout and personal life busy-ness resulted in my standard of work dropping. But I will say that when I did get around to writing, I felt the restrictions of posts took some of the fun away from me as I felt i had to squeeze alot of information and compress a lot of my storylines. I would rather the freedom to write as many posts as I like rather than the restrictions.

That said I would like to think those restrictions aided the burden on others who felts it was too daunting to compete in previous years. I would love to get peoples thoughts on the post restrictions now that the game is over.

I will go on record now that personally Im not a fan of the restictions.

5 Posts Max
    Regarding the lag between picks and deadline, I will take the blame on this. It was my call and while I had the best intentions, I feel I got it wrong with this call.

In relation to my own work, I will admit that a combination of burnout and personal life busy-ness resulted in my standard of work dropping. But I will say that when I did get around to writing, I felt the restrictions of posts took some of the fun away from me as I felt i had to squeeze alot of information and compress a lot of my storylines. I would rather the freedom to write as many posts as I like rather than the restrictions.

That said I would like to think those restrictions aided the burden on others who felts it was too daunting to compete in previous years. I would love to get peoples thoughts on the post restrictions now that the game is over.

I will go on record now that personally Im not a fan of the restictions.

You'll find I wrote about this at length in a PM just sent, but I HATE them. Killed any form of enjoyment I got from the Draft the past two years.

6 Posts Max
    Necrominus wrote: »
    You'll find I wrote about this at length in a PM just sent, but I HATE them. Killed any form of enjoyment I got from the Draft the past two years.

For me, from a writing perspective, i enjoy writing 4 shows in the lead up to a PPV, the twists and turns, swerving the reader in different directions, building turns and pay offs. Its what I love. After I wrote my Year in Review post, I felt my work and motivation went off a cliff as I was shoehorning everything into a single post. Condensing the work really took the fun out of it for me and My work shows thats.

On teh otherside, I love reading others shows in the format too. Yeah its more reading, but its so much more enjoyable. The reason I got into this game was reading MNGs work in 2013. The ups and downs with his Flair/Horsemen Del Rio feud got me hooked and itching to take part. I feel that edge of the game is gone with the restirctions.

5 Posts Max
    Nail on head for me too. Before I was a prolific poster on Boards (mainly Forum Games but that's beside the point) I lurked a lot on boards and the PW Draft was my favourite thing. I followed along the comps in 2014 and 2015 and loved the work put in to shows by some.

When I came in as a sub in 2016, I was really excited to put my Cena/Hardy main event out there to be read, it was something I had worked on for ages and is still my favorite piece of my own work. If I had to shoehorn that into four posts I would have been very disappointed as it was something that needed to be built over a number of shows.

I also enjoy reading the longer format, and I feel I can get a better grasp of people's rosters over a longer period rather than everything being crammed into a preview, one show and a two post PPV.

Maybe there's an option of seperating out the competitions?

Do the Draft as is, the involvement on that is still at a great level.

Then people vote on best roster.

Seperately then, you have the creative writing competition which is optional entry, and back to the old format. So we get the best of both worlds and those more interested in the write ups than the rosters get to express themselves without being limited to increase involvement.

Just an idea of course.

6 Posts Max
    Well one idea I had was to have a diifuculty level.

Those who cant commit to a big post count could go into a Plate division similar to the rule sof last year, while those who want to go balls to the wall like me Necro and the like, battle it out in the Championship division where there are no restrictions.

Thos ewho post only 3 shows and under at the deadlines passing are only eligible for the Plate and those over that post threshold will be eligible for the Championship

• Advertisement

5 Posts Max
    Well one idea I had was to have a diifuculty level.

Those who cant commit to a big post count could go into a Plate division similar to the rule sof last year, while those who want to go balls to the wall like me Necro and the like, battle it out in the Championship division where there are no restrictions.

Thos ewho post only 3 shows and under at the deadlines passing are only eligible for the Plate and those over that post threshold will be eligible for the Championship

No restrictions?

:eek::eek:

The possibilities...

I love it.

Advertisement