Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PW Boards Draft XI - Discussion Thread!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,594 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

4 Posts Max
    Pick made and PM sent. Very happy with...it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,804 ✭✭✭A Brad Maddox Guy

4 Posts Max
    I always like Jericho as a pick in this, he's so diverse.

• Registered Users Posts: 679 ✭✭✭daithi1989

5 Posts Max
    If it rolls round to me tonight, I might not get a chance to post and for that I do apologise. Was at the rugby in Thomand Park this eve and didnt expect it to get to me so quick!

Will get it posted in the AM after looking at who's left! Have a few people in mind.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,123 ✭✭✭✭paulie21

5 Posts Max
    Happy with my pick. PM sent

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,773 ✭✭✭connemara man

5 Posts Max
    Pick made PM sent. I'll be honest I wanted Batista but happy days

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,358 Mod ✭✭✭✭DM_7

5 Posts Max
    Great stuff.

Looking foward to reveal of any stip in next round.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,993 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

5 Posts Max
    Pick made PM sent. I'll be honest I wanted Batista but happy days

Soz/not soz :P

Batista was my top choice tbh. Really wanted Austin but knew he was never making it to me with the stip.

• Registered Users Posts: 303 ✭✭Uncle Walt

5 Posts Max
    Have to say I think this was a fantastic stip.. so many incredible names left and absolutely everyone has a legit high calibre Main Eventer to kick things off with so far.. deadly

4 Posts Max
    Watching the NFL at the minute so will figure out my pick once the game's over. Aside from Austin & Rock who I knew I'd no chance of getting, HHH was probably my clear first choice but there's a load left to choose from now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,753 ✭✭✭✭beakerjoe

6 Posts Max
    Uncle Walt wrote: »
    Have to say I think this was a fantastic stip.. so many incredible names left and absolutely everyone has a legit high calibre Main Eventer to kick things off with so far.. deadly

I aim to please

• Advertisement

5 Posts Max
    Just happened to log in and see it was my turn. Looks like I'm gonna have the continuing on from DPW Destiny from last year into this year with my Champ back!

PM sent on

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 15,090 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

5 Posts Max
    ShagNastii wrote: »
    Picking Rollins is genius. He didn't even register on my radar. That's some good drafting right there.

To be fair i was looking up WM main events over the last few years and that popped up on wiki as Reigns vs Lesnar vs Rollins so it clicked with me , Thats why i Pm'd Beaker just to make sure he was eligible

5 Posts Max
    Erm Alan, 15 of 17 so far were American born anyway!

I won't be making plans for a while anyway, I figured my dream opponent for Rock would be gone fast.

Now I realise 30 plus American main eventers will be gone by my next pick. Defo a wait and see round for me.

Need a good draw in round 3 or the top non american list will also have taken a battering. That is a scary thought.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,759 ✭✭✭Mr. Guappa

5 Posts Max
    Nice stip for round 2, which will also leave plenty big names on the board for round 3.

I had a very early shortlist done up for round 2, and it's been trimmed from 5 names to 1 with that stip.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,487 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

4 Posts Max
    Same as Slick said, not even looking at names for a while yet. Brock is plyable so will fit with loads of people but not going to start dream booking anything till I see who is left :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,469 ✭✭✭LeeJM

5 Posts Max
    Delighted with picking up Savage at #18. When i realised Edge and Savage were both still on the board with just Kolido to pick before me I was ecstatic and I know exactly who I want for Rd.2 and I'm pretty certain I will get him/her/them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,317 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

6 Posts Max
    I'm pretty ready to go with my pick for this and the start of the next.

I'm not going to lie - Savage was one I hoped would make it.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,823 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

6 Posts Max
    I think unless you are dead set on someone a late pick in rd one can be quite beneficial, big picks like Savage for example often slip down the list and then you have an early pick in the next round when previously unavailable people become available. Like most im hoping for a decent rd3 draw as the top American names are going to go fast including the end of this rd1

6 Posts Max
    I think unless you are dead set on someone a late pick in rd one can be quite beneficial, big picks like Savage for example often slip down the list and then you have an early pick in the next round when previously unavailable people become available. Like most im hoping for a decent rd3 draw as the top American names are going to go fast including the end of this rd1

I'm considering myself quite lucky.

Rd 3 is a key draw IMO.

6 Posts Max
    Foley.
    Punk.

Beautiful.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,993 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

5 Posts Max
    Yoikes they be fabulous picks

5 Posts Max
    I have a perfect second pick in mind but cant see this person surviving till my turn so may start thinking of some back ups :)

4 Posts Max
    Two nice match ups there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,469 ✭✭✭LeeJM

5 Posts Max
    Pick made and very happy now. Could have went for a bigger name but picking up two potential main eventers at once was too hard to pass up. Also a quality tag team if I choose to go that route and they both have history with Savage as friends and foes.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,968 ✭✭✭ShagNastii

5 Posts Max
    In terms of a "bang for your buck" pick, year in year out the twosome of Perfect/Hall is hard to beat.

5 Posts Max
    Pick in and mail sent. Still have no plans, but happy with my start. As pointed out, a good draw in R3 is key!

5 Posts Max
    daithi1989 wrote: »
    Pick in and mail sent. Still have no plans, but happy with my start. As pointed out, a good draw in R3 is key!

Ah was stupidly thinking i would get AJ :( Him vs Rollins was my plan. The joys of the draft

4 Posts Max
    Ah was stupidly thinking i would get AJ :( Him vs Rollins was my plan. The joys of the draft

Haha don't be too mad cos I was definitely gonna pick him. Have a decision to make now

5 Posts Max
    Thought AJ would go number 1 in this round.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,823 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

6 Posts Max
    I thought Eddie might have gone no.1 myself great pick especially when you already have someone like Hogan and could still get a decent draw for rd3. Actually it'd be great to get the rd3 order a little early this round. More so than other rounds i'd say your draw for the next round could determine who a few people go for in this round, get a low one next round and you might have to think about grabbing a remaining main eventer to guarantee a main event feud that can compete.

Advertisement