Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Broadband issue

Options
  • 08-12-2017 12:18pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4

Hi - I've just broken my broadband, am hoping someone can help.....

I was moving stuff under the stairs in work where the phone lines come in and the broadband no longer works. I think one of the wires has come loose.

We have a few lines into the office but the one the broadband is on is dedicated to the broadband, no faxes etc.

Basically, the "connection box" where we plug the router into has line out for phone and broadband, we only use broadband. Out the back of this box are lots of wires, but only the blue and white one go to the grid on the wall where the lines come into. The blue one is still connected nice and tight in one "terminal", but the white one is loose. It looks like the white one was severed, and looks like it had been in the same "terminal" as the blue one.

Does any of this make sense? I tried shoving the white one back where it looks like it was but that hasn't worked. The weird thing is that with just the blue one in we seem to be getting intermittent working broadband, but with slow speeds. Pings to remote sites are resolving, web pages load for a while. One issue seems to be the authentication on the line, which is probably down to the bad connection. Getting an occational red light on the "Internet" light on the router.

I have pics of what the situation is but cannot post for now.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

If you didnt fix it by now:

EegbXQPl.jpg

Use L1 and L2 on the active BB line to connect.

Advertisement