Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

digital photo query "destination path is too long"

Options
  • 08-12-2017 12:20pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,190 ✭✭✭

Hi,
    Just trying to cut and paste some photos to a folder to use for making a calender. Have been having no problem so far but now getting this message all of a sudden and don't know where it came from. Maybe I mis hit a key cos suddenly every thumbnail has a heap of blurb underneath it as in 10 lines of code. I can't figure out how to change this and now I can't copy and paste. Google bringing up nada.The photos are from google photos.
    Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,218 ✭✭✭bonzodog2

Try right click and Save Image As in the browser

• Registered Users Posts: 2,734 ✭✭✭niallb

Your filename including the path is just too long for the windows filesystem.

Try moving the folder to your desktop, shortening the name and have another go.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,190 ✭✭✭73trix

Thanks. Worked it out by renaming files but I still don't know how these long names ,- paragraphs of code- got there in first place!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,278 ✭✭✭mordeith

73trix wrote: »
    Thanks. Worked it out by renaming files but I still don't know how these long names ,- paragraphs of code- got there in first place!

I wonder was it the address of each image as they were in Google photos?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,190 ✭✭✭73trix

No idea. First time copying Google photos.

• Advertisement
Advertisement