Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

CGT on property

Options
  • 08-12-2017 12:41pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1

Hello Folks,

I am from England and I bought a property (as my home) there in 1998. I moved to Ireland in 2005 and I have sold that property in 2017.I have been renting in Ireland all this time. It’s only now I am able to think about buying a property in Ireland (as my home)

Am I going to have to by CGT and what period is it calculated on?

Many thanks
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 535 ✭✭✭dogsears

You need to see a professional adviser because the answer to your question will involve whether you have became "domiciled" in Ireland, and, if not whether you "remit" the proceeds of the sale to Ireland. In a nutshell if you are domiciled in Ireland the answer is yes. if not then, the answer is yes, to the extent you remit the proceeds. But go see someone about it.

Advertisement