Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How much get a days subbing?

Options
  • 08-12-2017 12:58pm
    Registered Users Posts: 544 ✭✭✭

How much does a registered primary teacher get for a days subbing? If you do a block of subbing do you get the same for each day? What does a full time teacher get a day?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,925 ✭✭✭doc_17

zeebre12 wrote: »
    How much does a registered primary teacher get for a days subbing? If you do a block of subbing do you get the same for each day? What does a full time teacher get a day?

Can I just ask why do you need to know?

• Registered Users Posts: 128 ✭✭aratsarse101

full time teachers are not paid by the day. but if you get a starting salary of 30,000 and divide by 365 it works out at €82.19 before tax. That's how much they are getting for each day of the year.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,324 ✭✭✭happywithlife

Nope not that easy

• Registered Users Posts: 3,809 ✭✭✭Speedwell

full time teachers are not paid by the day. but if you get a starting salary of 30,000 and divide by 365 it works out at €82.19 before tax. That's how much they are getting for each day of the year.

Assuming they work all 365 days?

• Registered Users Posts: 211 ✭✭Emmser

Speedwell wrote: »
    Assuming they work all 365 days?

From my understanding, teachers aren't paid for 365 days but only for the days they work. This then is spread out to accomadate the holidays so as not to allow teachers 'sign on'. Again, they don't get paid for their weekends or summers, like private employees wouldn't, however, they spread their pay over this. The daily rate for a sub is more than a permanent teacher, the reason being, their wage isn't spread over 365 days but only the days they work.

Teachers have the summer off, correct, but they don't get paid for those hours. They do get a wage, which is due to them because they didn't take their whole hourly wage during school term. Hope I've explained it correctly, I've had to edit several times!

• Advertisement
Advertisement