Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

D&D Act One Scene IV - In the shadow of Sanderjarn

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,404 ✭✭✭✭sKeith

"ill happily run back to town for the supplies, then your climb will not be in vain, as you will bring up the light weight rope so we can all get up."

"but hold your climb until we have the supplies back."

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,558 ✭✭✭✭Fourier

OOC: It'll be a days trip for Ekbard.

"Can you hold up here until i get back?"

"and anythin else you need before i go?"

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,485 ✭✭✭✭Banjo

Othegre squeals with delight. Then turns to the group.
    "Guys, this is Tumuz"
    She gestures to the stronger wolf
    "And Carax."
    The runt.
    "I know I shouldn't play favourites but mmmmmMmmmmmm Tumuz did strike a pose well."
    She leads the wolves around the group one by one in the hope that familiarity will allow them to coexist...

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 52,005 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

Bandylegs regards Ekbard.

'Careful o'them wolves now Ekbard. They may not be so friendly if you go alone. Take Othegre in the cart. She may be in need of supplies anyways. Anyone else wish to go? I shall stay here with Goodie anyways.'

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,705 ✭✭✭✭Tigger

Fourier wrote: »
    OOC: Goodie give me a Dex check, then a STR, then a DEX

blaagh

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭Digital Solitude

Necrominus wrote: »

'Careful o'them wolves now Ekbard. They may not be so friendly if you go alone. Take Othegre in the cart. She may be in need of supplies anyways. Anyone else wish to go? I shall stay here with Goodie anyways.'

"They greatly outnumber those who stay in that case. Is there no way round? Ekbard, I have rope if it's any use, hold on."

I begin to look for a way round

Bandylegs settles down to rest whilst Ekbard is away. He begins to murmur his prayer to Vergadain

• Advertisement

Ekbard explains how to set up the block and tackle to goodie and wishes him luck.

"They greatly outnumber those who stay in that case. Is there no way round? Ekbard, I have rope if it's any use, hold on."

I begin to look for a way round
    Around one side of the cliff is sheer drop, otherwise the cliff continues for a long while around this component of the mountain. Moy could check, but it would be an four hour journey.

Necrominus wrote: »

"Maybe I don't want to get back in the cart. How do I know he won't lop my head off and do unspeakable things with my body as soon as we're past the wolves? He looks the type. Anyway, why roll back when Saeros can fly back? That thing is fast, it flies much faster than I do, it can definitely carry some equipment back here over the heads of CA few wolves, and arope up that cliff face."

OOC: My post vanished. Once more.

Ekbard went to the dwarven city. Nothing on the way there, giant in the distance on the way back.

Ekbard went to the dwarven city. Nothing on the way there, giant in the distance on the way back.

Ooc. Oh. Did I get in the cart? :)

OOC: Okay Goodie, now is the roll. Equipment modified, you get -2 to each roll. Go again! Three in total.

ooc: i seen it!

ooc:no othegre staybehind to keep the wolves at bay

Banjo wrote: »
    Ooc. Oh. Did I get in the cart? :)
    OOC: Confusing order there and a post of mine vanished. Let's say no, you stayed.

OOC: Is Ekbard alone for this? Oh Jeez

• Advertisement

ooc: i stayed on mission and did not go after the giant!

OOC: You could have asked him for a leg up the cliff :pac:

OOC: Okay Goodie, now is the roll. Equipment modified, you get -2 to each roll. Go again! Three in total.

ooc 15-5-20

Ooc. If he falls... Well I would cast feather fall on him but I'd hate to have him think I was power gaming by declaring my spells at point of need...

I'll take spider climb as the other.

Banjo wrote: »
    Ooc. If he falls... Well I would cast feather fall on him but I'd hate to have him think I was power gaming by declaring my spells at point of need...

I'll take spider climb as the other.

lol yourv all pging

OOC: I'm very scared right now

Goodie bounds up quickly and approaches the top easily enough it would seem. He avoids all the weak spots illuminated by BandyLegs the day before. He reaches the top. In nice enough shape.

However he kicks free a good few rocks, that start a slow trickle along the cliff face.

A few boulders come loose and land straight into the ground in front of the party. The front of the cliff face seems to come off as the snow pours off it.

A minor avalanche floods the passage.

The stream wallops into Elin carrying her off the cliff face....

Moy and Othegre get buried in the ensuing snowfall.

BandyLegs and Saeros are lucky as the snow carries them an hour down the mountain side. Saeros straightens himself quickly, due to his Elven deftness.

Xanthea and Ekbard have the snow beneath them fall in, but they grab hold of the edge, they are now dangling over a sheer drop.

Ooc : I don't breathe, so that's not so bad. But can I move to dig myself out and am I near Moy? Did I take damage? Are my dogs ok?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭Digital Solitude

I spit, which way is up.

Can I move to reorient myself?

"HELLO"

• Advertisement

Ekbard the Nerosian, with muscles bulging with raw strength and the desperation to survive pulls himself up from the sheer drop.

Advertisement