Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

D&D Act One Scene IV - In the shadow of Sanderjarn

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,263 ✭✭✭robyntmorton

Xanthea joins in the search for megalegs.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 52,003 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

Bandylegs pulls a ration from his backpack and quietly eats it whilst surveying the area for any sign of trouble.

He also murmurs a prayer to Vergadain and rests.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,705 ✭✭✭✭Tigger

I’m getting bored so i come out or hiding and head up the mountain again. Consatantly on the lookout for danger and stealthy as fcuk

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,485 ✭✭✭✭Banjo

Othegre grows weary of waiting and throws the cleric's hand down.
    "I'm no thief Moy, I won't take what isn't offered, even if it's mine..."
    As she passes she adds
    "...I might have saved the little girl you know. I could have tried. Left you to suffocate under the snow. Or die in the flood. When your god didn't answer, Othegre was there. Twice over, a life you owe me, and you won't even give me a tiny taste... "

She strolls over to Xanthea.
    "TUMUZ!"
    Her face plate snaps open - ingenious dwarven engineering - and she starts feeding.
    "mmmmnch! My poor, delicious little boy"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,404 ✭✭✭✭sKeith

sKeith wrote: »
    Ekbard searches for the dwarves legs.

OOC: search for an hour.
    Necrominus wrote: »
    OOC: You really don't want to carry me do you :pac::pac:

Ekbard continues his search.

OOC: maybe another hour or two, just in case.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,637 ✭✭✭✭OldGoat

OOC: Also to note that I'm using infravision to spot warm bodies in the hope it might be Elin.

I'm older than Minecraft goats.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,485 ✭✭✭✭Banjo

Sitting in the snow and the dead, eating the flesh of her trusted companion and feeling his juices dribbling down her chin, Othegre is reminded of a happier time.... a time when she went shopping in the Dwarven city....*wiggly woo* *wiggly woo*

Othegre Enru had a bag
    E I E I O!
    And in that bag she put a master crafted flail
    E I E I O!
    With a custom plate armour here
    And an air-tight seal there!

"Who are you singing to?" asked the craftsman.
    "Ignore him Simon. He's jealous because you're taller than him. Now, Stumpy - can I call you Stumpy?"
    "My name is Brokkr..."
    "Of course it is!" she pats his head. "Remember - I need this to be tight n' light. Air tight thighs! <slap> Air tight bazongas! <jiggle>" She is not an accomplished jiggler, and narrating the movements is not impressing the dwarf. "Air tight faceplate - I gotta protect my kisser!" She pouts, looking like a goldfish trying to photocopy it's own face, but with more mascara.
    "..but...you won't be able to breathe!"
    "Details.. details.. Look, Brokko, I'm paying good money and I expect you to meet specifications!"
    She slams down a handful of pages scrawled with iconography and points to where each should go. She pays special attention to the scarring around the eye. "I'll need a face - gimme a face! Make it pretty!" Her voice goes suddenly small. "I've always wanted to be pretty..."
    A pause, then she wheels away from the desk, flinging down a pouch full of jewels.
    "I shall return at sundown! Do not disappoint me - you don't want to see me hungry. ANGRY! I meant angry."

--statue eye jewels worth 660GP (But I'll be getting change...?) - company owed 577.5gp
    ++ Master crafted Plate armour, 450+20% (540gp) AC3 unless I can pay extra to improve. Enc +2. SPF 5000!
    ++Master crafted flail, 3gp+10% (3.3gp), not sure what difference the mastery bit makes?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,558 ✭✭✭✭Fourier

Ekbard continues his search.

OOC: maybe another hour or two, just in case.
    He finds them two hours into the search.

Ekbard brings Bandylegs his legs back.

Tigger wrote: »
    I’m getting bored so i come out or hiding and head up the mountain again. Consatantly on the lookout for danger and stealthy as fcuk
    The sun begins to set another few hours in. The peak is about two or three more days away.

• Advertisement

Ekbard brings Bandylegs his legs back.

Bandylegs is delighted to see them.

'D'ya think... is there... ANY way any of ye have the know-how to reattach me legs? It's a long way to carry me back to the city.'

Bandylegs tries to reattach his own legs.

Ekbard studies the prosthetics for damage, and tries to figure out how to rejoin.

OOC: some serious thinking going on there.. mad engineering skills and all.

Ekbard studies the prosthetics for damage, and tries to figure out how to rejoin.

OOC: some serious thinking going on there.. mad engineering skills and all.
    The main joints are complex but within Ekbard's capabilities. He knows he could make an attempt at it at least.

OldGoat wrote: »
    OOC: I was at 14 HP before the avalanche hit and getting subsequently healed. Guessing I'm pretty low on points still or is Moys healing magic particularly potent .
    OOC: You're back to 11.

Fourier wrote: »
    The sun begins to set another few hours in. The peak is about two or three more days away.

i look for somewhere to bivvi and hide

There's a set of rocks with reasonable cover, leading into a small cave. It would be possible to not freeze to death over night by sleeping there.

There's a set of rocks with reasonable cover, leading into a small cave. It would be possible to not freeze to death over night by sleeping there.

i liht a torch and drw my sword
    i enter the cave to check for things

The cave is reasonably quiet and empty seeming. There's a trifork in the passage a few yards in.

The cave is reasonably quiet and empty seeming. There's a trifork in the passage a few yards in.

i go left

Goodie comes to a chamber with four dead bodies huddled up together. They haven't really decomposed.

A ring of moderate value is on one of their fingers.

• Advertisement

Goodie comes to a chamber with four dead bodies huddled up together. They haven't really decomposed.

A ring of moderate value is on one of their fingers.

i rod them with thje sword
    if no reaction i have the ring and anything else worth having on there selves

No reaction at all. The ring comes of easily. Worthless and quite rotted clothes cling to their bodies. Nothing else of value.

Ekbard makes an attempt at rejoining Bangylegs' legs back on.

OOC: Roll intelligence modified by Engineering. An out and out failure is not going to occur, this is to check quality of workmanship.

OOC: Loading up Cure Light Wounds, Resist Cold and Detect Traps for tomorrow.

No reaction at all. The ring comes of easily. Worthless and quite rotted clothes cling to their bodies. Nothing else of value.

chop the bodies into pices

then back to the fork and go middle

Ekbard takes until sundown working on the legs. Eventually he reattaches them, but odd creaking sounds can be heard from the joints and the upper edges itch.

OOC: Fumbles are now 1 or 2 for attacks, 19 or 20 for ability tests if the check relates to an action involving the legs. 25% chance of poor sleep, preventing full spell use.

Bandylegs gingerly gets to his feet.

'Not quite the dwarven craftmanship lad, but it'll do fer now. Question is... where do we go next? Back to the city... or venture forth to find our companions? We cannot tarry, the night it will be upon us soon.'

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭Digital Solitude

"Push on to try find somewhere to rest, soon though"

I start towards the cliff.

OOC: What's the state of the cliff now?

• Advertisement

"Push on to try find somewhere to rest, soon though"

I start towards the cliff.

OOC: What's the state of the cliff now?

Bandylegs follows Moy, trying to examine the cliff face or what remains of it in front of them.

Advertisement