Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

D&D Act One Scene IV - In the shadow of Sanderjarn

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 52,303 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

OOC: We can leave you to recover in the chapel if you like, robyn

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,558 ✭✭✭✭Fourier

"I wanted a new sister. Selfish really. Can't do it myself. Don't have Soet's permission. So I came back to my mother. She can do it for me.

I promised myself long ago I wouldn't come back. That idiot tried to stop me. Still it is your fault. I set things up but none of you had to come here."

The mass grows arms.

wGfHzE.png

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,404 ✭✭✭✭sKeith

ekbard say, "we seem to have misplaced our thief who has the key, do you mind if i have that nice sword, it might help us on our quest for you"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,263 ✭✭✭robyntmorton

OOC: I nearly died for these experience points. I'm not about to throw them away by resting

Edit: With clearance from the LL that my sitting back is not against my character, I'm retreating o the chapel. Tear Askit a new one for me.

'On second thoughts lass, ye're not lookin' too hot. We'll leave Saeros here with ye and proceed. If that be ok with ye. Goodie, lead the way.'

sKeith wrote: »
    ekbard say, "we seem to have misplaced our thief who has the key, do you mind if i have that nice sword, it might help us on our quest for you"
    "The tower, he goes on and on about the tower. It drives me mad. I'm the only one of us with a personality left. And I don't know how much longer I can keep him out. I want a companion....a friend."

Fourier wrote: »
    "The tower, he goes on and on about the tower. It drives me mad. I'm the only one of us with a personality left. And I don't know how much longer I can keep him out. I want a companion....a friend."
    ebbard says "yes, the tower and the quest, can i have that sword to help complete the task for the special blood, you want the blood, dont you?"

Bandylegs peers into the corridor and checks it thoroughly

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,485 ✭✭✭✭Banjo

"songsunder!"
    Othegre sees the jelly.
    Othegre has learned her lesson about jelly.
    (Chaotic) "Soet! Is that you? You look.... Better."
    (Common) "I don't care what's in that room. I'm not going back in that God's belly." She begins to back away.

• Advertisement

ebbard says "yes, the tower and the quest, can i have that sword to help complete the task for the special blood, you want the blood, dont you?"
    Askit looks at him.

"Yes, you would need them." He lifts his hand. The creatures flesh pulls back a bit leaving a path to the sword and book.

"Take them. Just leave my sister."

Ekbard enters and takes the sword and the book, then edges back out again.

Necrominus wrote: »
    Bandylegs peers into the corridor and checks it thoroughly
    The North/South corridor is clear (he spots the eye)

Ekbard enters and takes the sword and the book, then edges back out again.
    "Okay, now leave. Just leave"

ekbard says "goodbye akin', see you again soon, after we have the blood". ekbard leaves and tells the others to follow.

Ekbard hurries back to the chapel.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 16,705 ✭✭✭✭Tigger

I Follow the crazy man

In the chapel Xanthea is beginning to grow some of the white tissue that the mother has.

Having backed away earlier, Othegre has a lead on Ekbard and is running by the time she hits the chapel. She is confident she will reach the ladder before the jelly goes beserk

Ekbard exits the chapel making sure not to trip the pressure pad.

Xanthea's tissue grows into the floor, turning solid.

• Advertisement

Bandylegs screams at the retreating men.

'What are ye doin? Are ye men or mice?'

Bandylegs stalks forward, axe raised high.

'Leave Xanthea be and I'll leave ye in peace Askit. Otherwise...'

"YOU ALWAYS YOU!!! YOU ARE CITRA'S TOOL I KNOW. SOET SAID SHE WOULD HAVE AGENTS AGAINST US. DO YOU HATE WHAT WE ARE DOING TO YOUR GOD DWARF!!!!"

Askit throws up a force field around himself and BandyLegs.

"LET US FIGHT DWARF!!!"

"I'm not a man! I'm a... Don't call me that... I can't.. you know wha- Damn you Simon!" Othegre reluctantly turns

Ekbard makes it back to the Cabin.

Ekbard reads the title of the book.

I hear bandy yell and I turn an run back full speed to help him

BandyLegs swings at Askit, who simply flies to one side.

"Pathetic" he extends his hand and BandyLegs is blasted with fire.

Health now 9HP.

'I'll kill ye Askit, or die tryin!'

Ekbard reads the title of the book.
    "The tragedy of Vergadain"

In the chapel, Othegre eyes the forcefield with some amusement (unless she's got her geography mixed up again) , shrugs and takes a look at Xanthea

• Advertisement

Ekbard opens the book.

Banjo wrote: »
    In the chapel, Othegre eyes the forcefield with some amusement (unless she's got her geography mixed up again) , shrugs and takes a look at Xanthea
    Xanthea's body is now almost completely covered in the tissue.

Ekbard shouts, "askin' wheres the rest of my party, leave my party escape your cabin or i throw this book in the fire"

Using gloved hands, Othegre probes the tissue, looking to see if it's removable - from the floor or Xanthea

Ekbard opens the book.
    Inside is the details of how the Soet cult conquered the dwarfs long ago and bound one of Vergadain's incarnations here. Vergadain himself escaped back to the god planes, but the body he had constructed for himself is a potent source of magical power.

The Soet cult used it to create immortal servants of the god, by growing a minigod from the souls of millions of sacrifices and tissue from Vergadain.

Bandy only scrapes Askit's hood, but it is enough to distract and cause the force field to flicker off.

Goodie fires two arrows hitting Askit directly. His robe is blown off, revealing a sickly half-black half-silver fluid in the vague form of a humanoid.

Askit gestures at Goodie, firing ice blades. The only slice slightly at Goodie's leg.

OOC: Lost 1HP

Ekbard says "here cleric, take this book, its been too long, they havent appeared, im going down after them."

Askit swings to dodge another hit from BandyLegs, only to have two arrows from Goodie wallop into his back again.

This blows alot of fluid free. Askit looks weakened as his body hits the ground. He gestures and a wave of force smashes Bandy into a pillar.

OOC: 5HP left for BandyLegs

• Advertisement

Ekbard wields his new sword and climbs back down the ladder.

Banjo wrote: »
    Using gloved hands, Othegre probes the tissue, looking to see if it's removable - from the floor or Xanthea
    It's growing out of Xanthea quicker than it can be removed. Her body is almost completely covered now.

Bandylegs drags himself to his feet, panting.

'Let her go and we'll let ye live.'

Ekbard weilds his shield and runs into the chapel "I asked you to leave my party be" He attacks the creature.

Othegre attacks Askit. Because violence solves problems

Othegre and Ekbard emerge from behind swinging. Askit swerves left dodging Othegre.

Ekbard rushes in from the side with a swipe. Askit swerves again, but not quick enough for the follow up swipe.

As magic runes activate along the sword, Askit is cut in half. The two halves land on the floor with a thud and begin to search for each other.

Goodie's arrow lands into the lower half piercing it and pinning it to the floor. It withers and dies as it loses fluid through the hole the arrow created.

The upper half attempts to fly away but is grabbed by BandyLegs and thrown to the ground.

The liquid bleeds away from the top, leaving only the face of a fifteen year old boy atop a sickly mask of fluid.

"DO IT" he screams at BandyLegs "END IT NOW, I'VE HAD ENOUGH.................please"

As BandyLegs brings down the axe he says....

• Advertisement

'FER VERGADAIN! I VANQUISH THEE!'

ook he was asking for it?

Necrominus wrote: »
    'FER VERGADAIN! I VANQUISH THEE!'

ook
    vergadain is soet

A wave of magical energy is released from Askit as the axe comes down on the boy's skull. The skull split and BandyLegs cuts him in half. The wave passes over the complex and the tissue falls from Xanthea.

The Mother creature looks weakened and defenseless. The souls of millions pulse inside her.

Bandylegs urinates on the decaying corpse.

• Advertisement
Advertisement