Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

D&D Act One Scene IV - In the shadow of Sanderjarn

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,263 ✭✭✭robyntmorton

Necrominus wrote: »
    Bandylegs looks at Xanthea.

'Shall we attempt to force the door or check around the back. Yer choice, lassie.'

We’ll scout around the back, but those words make me uneasy.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,558 ✭✭✭✭Fourier

Tigger wrote: »
    I get the dead people to keep the fire toasty
    I’m half sleeping with my ssword in one hand and an unlit torch in the other ready to light it from the fire and killnstuff
    Goodie sleeps the night in relative peace. However when he wakes he has dug his fingers into his hands to the point of bleeding a bit.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,404 ✭✭✭✭sKeith

Ekbard tried to open coffin, gently at first, and if unsucessful with much more force after that.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 52,002 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

We’ll scout around the back, but those words make me uneasy.

'Aye. First though... should we check the snow on said roof fer danger?'

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,705 ✭✭✭✭Tigger

Fourier wrote: »
    Goodie sleeps the night in relative peace. However when he wakes he has dug his fingers into his hands to the point of bleeding a bit.

I go outside

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,637 ✭✭✭✭OldGoat

I explain the scrip to the other two, telling them how it's not clear yet it is ominious. "Be on your guard when we enter, a god, bound or not could be waiting across this threshold. "
    As I talk I scan the exterior of the cabin looking for sekret doors.

I'm older than Minecraft goats.

Ekbard bursts out of the snow, all around him are statues of old men carved in wood.

One way he can see Othegre and Moy, the other way is a lodge with three figures skulking about it.

Ebbard grabs the prayer sheet and picture and heads towards Moy and Othegre.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,485 ✭✭✭✭Banjo

"Ekbard. How positively great to see you."
    Othegre is miffed.

"And you too. I was buried alive in a coffin, without actually remembering being buried!"

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭Digital Solitude

"Aye, just me and you Vampire, guess I'll....*bang*"

I wheel around the the source of the noise and see Ekbard rising from the snow

"More ploughin' undead. Ekbard, are ya there?" I callout, walking over to investigate

Bandylegs cautiously raises his battleaxe up and disturbs the snow on the roof.

Saeros mumbles to himself as he moves towards the door "Wish we had the thief here, could use her to check for traps"

To Moy, "I'm me, no funny business here, except how i ended up in that there coffin, last thing i remember is being at the cliffs."

to Moy & othegre "There is a cabin over there, i think i made out 3 people skulking within."

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭Digital Solitude

"Well if that isn't a relief! We need to get in out of the snow, one way or another"

I begin to walk over slowly, trying not to crunch the snow under my feet.

OOC: Was the river of bodies mainly old men too?

sKeith wrote: »
    To Moy, "I'm me, no funny business here, except how i ended up in that there coffin, last thing i remember is being at the cliffs."

"That's how it happens! You wake up and you feel normal but everything has changed for ever!"

She turns to Moy and grabs his shoulders
    "You have to trust me! Like on the mountain! He's turned. His hunger will awaken soon, and he didn't have any self control when he was alive! Save yourself cleric! Stake him!"

Necrominus wrote: »
    'Aye. First though... should we check the snow on said roof fer danger?'

Good thinking. Give me a hand to get up there, and I will see what can be done.

Ekbard looks at Otherge crookedly, then turns around and heads slowly and as quiet as Ekbard can, towards the cabin.

Good thinking. Give me a hand to get up there, and I will see what can be done.

Bandylegs boosts Xanthea up so she can check the roof.

• Advertisement

/Waits semi-patiently while the other two play in the snow

Tigger wrote: »
    I go outside
    It's a clear day today on the mountain slope. The portal seems calm, only a dull green rather than multicoloured.

sKeith wrote: »
    Ekbard looks at Otherge crookedly, then turns around and heads slowly and as quiet as Ekbard can, towards the cabin.

Othegre freezes. Through gritted teeth she hisses
    "The Masters Look! How can he know the Masters Look??? I'm sorry Moy, I cannot help you in the battle to come. You must act quickly!"

Xanthea takes out her two handed sword, and starts cutting chunks of snow, pushing them off the roof. She takes things slowly, to avoid collapsing the whole thing, but makes steady progress.

Bandylegs grunts.

'Why don't ye check the back o'the lodge while I help Xanthea, Saeros?'

The snow comes clear from the roof. The entire roof is caved in, but Xanthea uncovers several protective magical wards, long since deactivated.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,705 ✭✭✭✭Tigger

Fourier wrote: »
    It's a clear day today on the mountain slope. The portal seems calm, only a dull green rather than multicoloured.

up
    full speed ahead sk
    stealthy and looking

Saeors walk the perimeter of the cabin again, this time looking back out across the fields of snow.

"My magical friends. There appears to be something up here, though they look to be broken or something. Care to take a look?"

• Advertisement

"My magical friends. There appears to be something up here, though they look to be broken or something. Care to take a look?"

'Saeros be more versed in that than me lass. Give him a boost yerself though, I'm getting mighty sleepy.'

Advertisement