Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

D&D Act One Scene IV - In the shadow of Sanderjarn

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,404 ✭✭✭✭sKeith

Ekbard trys to read the prayer.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,637 ✭✭✭✭OldGoat

OOC: Gotta go be a taxi driver for one of the kids. Sorry folk, catch up with ya later. Fourier, feel free to ping off my magic missiles if required.

I'm older than Minecraft goats.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,558 ✭✭✭✭Fourier

BandyLegs enters a very posh gentleman's room.

An elegant piano (~ 10000GP) rests on a velvet carpet.

A single reclining chair with pipe holder.

And...

A five foot tall painting of BandyLegs in Vergadain's shrine and a bizarre figure in a cloak gesturing him toward a dark tunnel. To his right Ekbard sips from a goblet basked in sunlight and Moy sits, legs crossed, on the ground holding vials of a silver liquid. The old dwarfish for "Truth in all" is written at the painting's base.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭Digital Solitude

Arse suffiently warmed up, I move towards the back and enter the kitchen.

OOC: To be clear, there's 5 doors? Two leading into the sitting room (one behind me, one infront) and three closed ones? One on either side of the door I came through, and one beside the other sitting room door.

sKeith wrote: »
    Ekbard trys to read the prayer.
    It's simple enough. Just wishing for a long life for her and her family. However the final verse is ominous it asks not to be brought before 'the Judge' on the mountains summit.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,485 ✭✭✭✭Banjo

Fourier wrote: »
    OOC: Are you entering the cabin?

Othegre enters.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 52,002 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

Bandylegs calls loudly for Moy and Ekbard to come and view this splendid painting. He tentatively walks to the chair, checks it for any danger...

OOC: If none, I'm going to sit down and have my sleep :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,263 ✭✭✭robyntmorton

Xanthea, having spotted nothing of interest in the kitchen, takes the door to the left (Bandy went right)

Banjo wrote: »
    Othegre enters.
    The sitting room is so warm and cosy. The desk has a single book on it. There is a thick carpet in the middle of the room.

Above the door is a mammoth's head.

Piano music plays somewhere else in the cabin.

OOC: Nobody else hears this music.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,705 ✭✭✭✭Tigger

Mountain Slope:

A set of twelve tigers with six tails block the path ahead. They haven't noticed Goodie.

i judge the distance

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,631 ✭✭✭Mollyb60

[OOC: finally caught up! Where is Elin? Same universe as Goodie or same as Bandy etc? Sorry again guys]

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭Digital Solitude

I follow Bandys voice into the room on the right

Marvelling at the painting, I can't help but wonder what it symbolises.

I try to remember if I'm familiar with any liquid like that in the vials I am holding. The hooded figure and Ekbards sunny cup seem familiar as I search my memories for any associations I can think of.

"Saeros, an elven eye may be of use in here" I call out, "Bandylegs, is there any dwarven symbolism or mythology in the painting?"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,485 ✭✭✭✭Banjo

The sitting room is so warm and cosy. The desk has a single book on it. There is a thick carpet in the middle of the room.

Above the door is a mammoth's head.

Piano music plays somewhere else in the cabin.

OOC: Nobody else hears this music.

She tries to warm her hands and realises how stupid that is. She sighs and looks up at the mammoth head.
    "Hey handsome, what's your story?"
    Check room for traps, take a look at the book and carpet. I look with my eyes...

Mollyb60 wrote: »
    [OOC: finally caught up! Where is Elin? Same universe as Goodie or same as Bandy etc? Sorry again guys]

OOC: Hey! A wild Elin appears. I'm sure Four will come up with a wonderful tale to get you back with us shortly!

e4qvsu.png
    Cabin for clarity.

S = Sitting Room
    K = Kitchen
    P = Painting

Other rooms unexplored.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 52,002 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

I follow Bandys voice into the room on the right

Marvelling at the painting, I can't help but wonder what it symbolises.

I try to remember if I'm familiar with any liquid like that in the vials I am holding. The hooded figure and Ekbards sunny cup seem familiar as I search my memories for any associations I can think of.

"Saeros, an elven eye may be of use in here" I call out, "Bandylegs, is there any dwarven symbolism or mythology in the painting?"

Bandylegs stirs slightly, half asleep.

'Aye, Truth in All on the bottom of the painting.'

He starts snoring loudly.

I said I'm going into the left room from my back door position...

i back into the cave which is luckile down wind of the tiggers and engage sniper more
    i stick the arrows in the groung in front of me

i loose my firsta dwarf arrow

Xanthea, having spotted nothing of interest in the kitchen, takes the door to the left (Bandy went right)
    There is a bedroom, two fine beds and a little desk. Also a little chest, currently locked. And a glass of wine.

Tigger wrote: »
    i judge the distance
    Short range. Goodie got close, he's almost impossible to see in the snow.

• Advertisement

Short range. Goodie got close, he's almost impossible to see in the snow.

ooc so +3
    whats the hit?

The wine looks tempting, but the whole house seems too strange to risk it. Xanthea checks for traps on her way to examine the desk.

All Moy can recall are old legends of a laughing god holding a similar cup in a similar pose. He recalls an old woodcut in the chantry he attended as a boy depicting the god suffused with light.

Banjo wrote: »
    She tries to warm her hands and realises how stupid that is. She sighs and looks up at the mammoth head.
    "Hey handsome, what's your story?"
    Check room for traps, take a look at the book and carpet. I look with my eyes...
    The book's cover is made from flesh. Othegre has an excellent sense for flesh now. It's elven.

The carpet has something underneath it.

The wine looks tempting, but the whole house seems too strange to risk it. Xanthea checks for traps on her way to examine the desk.
    The desk has a fine purple powder on it.

Xanthea notes the powder, and turns to the locked chest. She tries to jimmy the lid with her dagger.

Xanthea notes the powder, and turns to the locked chest. She tries to jimmy the lid with her dagger.
    OOC: Give me a DEX check

Tigger wrote: »
    ooc so +3
    whats the hit?
    The arrow sails into the first tiger and explodes, killing the target and two next to him. The other tigers begin teleporting around the place like crazy looking for the culprit.

OOC: Give me a DEX check

Dex Check 4 v 12

• Advertisement

Xanthea opens the chest. Two sacks of the purple powder.

Advertisement