Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

D&D Act One Scene IV - In the shadow of Sanderjarn

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,404 ✭✭✭✭sKeith

Ekbard enters the cabin, ooc: front door, sitting room entrace, sam as moy an othegre entered.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,705 ✭✭✭✭Tigger

Fourier wrote: »
    The arrow sails into the first tiger and explodes, killing the target and two next to him. The other tigers begin teleporting around the place like crazy looking for the culprit.

Ook
    Temperil pausallity for an hour please thank you

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,263 ✭✭✭robyntmorton

Xanthea collects the sacks of powder, and lies down on one of the beds.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭Digital Solitude

"Ekbard, what say you to this? It's unnerving to say the least. I remember seeing an image of a god similar to this before, you're in his seat and stance. Myself or Bandys situations, I know nothing of. Truth in All?"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,558 ✭✭✭✭Fourier

sKeith wrote: »
    Ekbard enters the cabin, ooc: front door, sitting room entrace, sam as moy an othegre entered.
    Ekbard enters and sees the carpet, the Mammoth head, the desk with book and a clock carved in the shape of a palace.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,485 ✭✭✭✭Banjo

The book's cover is made from flesh. Othegre has an excellent sense for flesh now. It's elven.

The carpet has something underneath it.

"Whaddya think, Klaatu - good idea or bad idea?" Othegre asks the mammoth as she approaches the carpet. "Dude, of course I still value your input, but it's his house. Pipe down, we're guests!"

She takes the shovel out of her pack and gingerly lifts the carpet.

Banjo wrote: »
    "Whaddya think, Klaatu - good idea or bad idea?" Othegre asks the mammoth as she approaches the carpet. "Dude, of course I still value your input, but it's his house. Pipe down, we're guests!"

She takes the shovel out of her pack and gingerly lifts the carpet.
    She finds an odd manhole beneath.

The bed is too hard. Xanthea gets up, walks across the kitchen to the remaining unexplored room and opens the door... slowly.

Ekbard enters and sees the carpet, the Mammoth head, the desk with book and a clock carved in the shape of a palace.
    Ekbards goes to the desk and reads the title of the book.

Ekbards goes to the desk and reads the title of the book.
    "Everything owed and all that was lost"

• Advertisement

Ekbard picks up the book and opens it.

The bed is too hard. Xanthea gets up, walks across the kitchen to the remaining unexplored room and opens the door... slowly.
    Inside is a normal enough bedroom with one bed and a closet and a large backpack in the corner.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 52,002 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

Bandylegs can't sleep properly. He stirs in the chair. Getting to his feet he inspects the expensive piano.

OOC: Can't stay quiet

This is getting interesting. We're going to the closet, checking for traps etc.

She finds an odd manhole beneath.

"Why would there be a fruit cellar down there and who the hell is Henrietta? Is that your fat thoraxed whore?... Spiders don't have bones!.... no way. I'm checking the book..... No no no, that's not the kind of skin book they meant, I'm not breaking any vows"

She runs her hand over the book cover. If it doesn't bite, she picks it up and has a look, without reading anything out loud.

Ooc : I take it from my point of view I'm alone? Or can we see each other but not the same items?

Ekbard picks up the book and opens it.
    The book is thousands of pages long and contains millions of names, recording the deaths of those the cult killed on the mountain over the last fourteen thousand years.

One name in particular jumps off the page. A sacrifice 600 years ago, from Soetrard. An Askit Jetin.

Ekbard puts the book back on the desk and checks out the desk. ooc: on, in and under.

Ooc : I take it from my point of view I'm alone? Or can we see each other but not the same items?
    OOC: You can see Moy, but not Ekbard.

Millions and Millions of names, impossible to parse. The later pages are in ancient languages and scripts Othegre can't understand.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭Digital Solitude

The book is thousands of pages long and contains millions of names, recording the deaths of those the cult killed on the mountain over the last fourteen thousand years.

One name in particular jumps off the page. A sacrifice 600 years ago, from Soetrard. An Askit Jetin.

OOC: There's a terribad pun in here somewhere

This is getting interesting. We're going to the closet, checking for traps etc.
    The closet contains night clothes, 1GP, a 50' rope and 16 rations.

• Advertisement

OOC: You can see Moy, but not Ekbard.

Millions and Millions of names, impossible to parse. The later pages are in ancient languages and scripts Othegre can't understand.

Othegre takes a very close look at the cover, just in case it's anyone she knows....
    "BOOOOOOOOOring. Hey Moy, this is right up your street." She tosses the book to the cleric and examines the manhole for traps and the underside of the carpet for clues.

Take the lot, check the backpack, put the items in the backpack.

Othegre takes a very close look at the cover, just in case it's anyone she knows....
    "BOOOOOOOOOring. Hey Moy, this is right up your street." She tosses the book to the cleric and examines the manhole for traps and the underside of the carpet for clues.
    The manhole's surface is coated in a poison.

The manhole's surface is coated in a poison.

Ooc : Should I care? Or is the answer "well, do ya punk?"

Take the lot, check the backpack, put the items in the backpack.
    The backpack contains an old pencil sketch of Xanthea, Citra, Duncan and Lusi the Elf.

Also in the pack are heavy boots matching the footprints outside.

Shrugging, Bandylegs checks out the painting and tries to remove it from the wall.

Xanthea makes ready, and says "I'll be back soon" to nobody in particular. She heads out the back door starting to follow the footprints...

Necrominus wrote: »
    Shrugging, Bandylegs checks out the painting and tries to remove it from the wall.
    The piano seems normal enough, the painting can easily come free from the wall, but is quite heavy (OOC: encumbrance +2).

Bandylegs takes the painting from the wall and checks behind it.

• Advertisement

Ekbard puts the book back on the desk and checks out the desk. ooc: on, in and under.
    There is nothing else of interest about the desk. The drawer on its front is empty.

Advertisement