Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

D&D Act One Scene IV - In the shadow of Sanderjarn

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,631 ✭✭✭Mollyb60

Fourier wrote: »
    Zombie Elin rises and joins the horde.

[OOC: ZOMBIE???]

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,263 ✭✭✭robyntmorton

OOC: Nice to see screw em all Ekbard almost struck again.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,993 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

OOC: Nice to see screw em all Ekbard almost struck again.

Ooc: I've got your back ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,637 ✭✭✭✭OldGoat

Saeros wanders back from contemplating the uniqueness of each and every snowflake on the roof of the cabin and the deeper meaning of the runes, elvin carvings, portents and portals.
    "Hi guys. Hey! Goode's back. Anyone want a ration? Do I smell soup?"

I'm older than Minecraft goats.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,485 ✭✭✭✭Banjo

HAving carried Xanthea to safety and heroically not eaten her, Othegre runs back downstairs for smashing, looting and the freeze frame grin to camera as the credits roll.

• Advertisement

Having sustained considerable damage in the fight, Bandylegs now retreats back to the lodge carefully, and enters the left bedroom to have a well deserved rest to recuperate. He says his bedtime prayer to Vergadain before lying down to sleep.

OOC: Time to rest and regain my strength/spells

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,263 ✭✭✭robyntmorton

After rest, Xanthea calls the group together in the sitting room of the lodge...

"My actions yesterday nearly got the whole group killed, and for that I owe you an apology and an explanation."

She produces the letter from Duncan.

"I've known Duncan for longer than I've known Citra. In fact we met as young adventurers on a mission to rescue the dragon. During the rescue I was trapped by a giant scorpion, separated from the rest of the group. Duncan came to find me. He cut one of the legs off the scorpion, freed me, and together we succeeded in rescuing Citra.

While the other members of the group took their rewards and went their separate ways, Duncan and I befriended Citra. We became, for all intents and purposes, her suicide squad. Yes, I know that sounds strange. A dragon can just roast and eat anything in her path, but weirdly she did have a sense of when she was too blunt an instrument, so she would send Duncan and I instead.

We grew close over those years. Closer than close actually. I owed that man my life. I was going to marry him. We were going to lead my people together. We were going to be the wise and benevolent rulers of a vast kingdom. But it was not to be...

I've told you before that you should never cross a dragon, as to see a dragon angry is to see death itself before you are swept away. I have witnessed an angry Citra. Duncan and I were sent ahead of her arrival to the Monastery of Trasea, to encourage the sorcerer there to leave peacefully and spare his people, or have everyone wiped out by Citra. He didn't take kindly to that. He cursed Duncan and I,, that we leave each other, and if we were to find each other again, it would only end in sorrow. We had no choice. We went our separate ways. I went back to my people. He joined another band of adventurers, and eventually found his way to this place. Clearly his need was dire, or he would have never contacted me. His note of still having the scorpion leg was a reminder - a reminder that I owed him my life, and that I had to find him.

Where has that gotten me though. I've lost my faithful Shapsberg to an avalanche. I've lost my beloved Duncan. I've lost, well, everything...

Now, there is something that I have to do."

Xanthea borrows Othegre's shovel, and walks out to the well to bury her lost love...

Bandylegs watches Xanthea leave, a grave look on his face.

'What happened last night... I fear we have unleashed a grave evil on this world. I know not yet what it may be. We should plunder this cursed place for treasure, then burn it to the ground. Maybe my kin will have some answers fer us, it's the nearest settlement to return to anyways.'

OOC Is there still a pool of silver liquid at the bottom of the well or did it vanish after all the smote-ing?

Othegre says nothing. She stands silently with her hands on her hips, her stoic and unmoving mask a reflection of the gravity of this tale.
    Truth be told, marvel of Dwarven engineering that it is, her armour can be locked in position to function as a makeshift coffin in times of dire need. And Xanthea has never been nice to her. And all this working days and sleeping nights has taken a real toll on her body clock. She sleeps, and dreams of falling.

OOC : Loading Charm Person and Feather Fall. Unless poor, faithful Tumuz counts, and I'm not sure he's sentient enough to, I didn't feed today - not sure how that factors into my mood in the morning. Didn't want to take a chance on eating Askit. Might be an idea to get samples of the black stuff and silver stuff for examination, BTW - I have 2 waterskins so I'm happy to spare one. Both, since blood doesn't keep well in one, and given how well you can bind a book in it we could use Saeros to make another?

• Advertisement

Banjo wrote: »
    ... and given how well you can bind a book in it we could use Saeros to make another?
    OOC: A couple of bookies in the gnomish city of Brilin are awaiting a payoff after a particularly poorly judged bet on my part at a mantis & spider fight. They have lien on my body parts.

OOC - Unpaid debts? Gambling? Spiderfighting? SIMON SIDEQUEST!

OOC: I bet on the spider... :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,558 ✭✭✭✭Fourier

Banjo wrote: »
    OOC - Unpaid debts? Gambling? Spiderfighting? SIMON SIDEQUEST!
    OOC: HARK, I DECLARE IT SHALL BE SO

OldGoat wrote: »
    OOC Is there still a pool of silver liquid at the bottom of the well or did it vanish after all the smote-ing?
    Saeros takes a look in the well. The thick silver fluid is still present.

OOC: Are we all healed up now Fourier?

Bandylegs goes back down into where the battle took place and looks into the pit where the souls came from

Necrominus wrote: »
    OOC: Are we all healed up now Fourier?
    OOC: You've all healed 2HP from one nights rest.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,404 ✭✭✭✭sKeith

Ekbard joins Bandy staring into the pit. He says, nonchalantly, "Hmmf, a body that Vergadain once inhabited is down there, dunno if its worth going down there for treasure though, it looks like it might be a bit too dangerous."

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭Digital Solitude

I drip something down the hole, trying to gauge its depth.

"Could be worth it yet Ekbard, is there anywhere up here we haven't looked?"

Bandylegs cast Cure Light Wounds on himself.

He turns to Ekbard in shock.

'YE WHAT? A body? Tell me more lad!'

Bandylegs turns frantic and shakes Ekbard fervently

• Advertisement

He resumes , " The soet cultists used to cut strips of the body vergadain used to inhabit, as it was charged with magic enegry. I read it in a book I gave to Othegre."

Othegre wakes. Hungry and very tired of being cocooned.
    OOC : Let me know if I need to roll for a frenzy before I go look into pits and stuff.

"jeez, relax dwarf" Edbards says as a reaction to been shaken fervently.

Fourier wrote: »
    Saeros takes a look in the well. The thick silver fluid is still present.
    Saeros takes a long drink from a wineskin and and passed it about for breakfast wine. Then he unstops the second wineskin and does the same.
    He takes both now empty skins to the well and tying them to his silk rope lowers them into the fluid to fill them.

"Not sure what this goop is yet but I'm sure there is an alchemist somewhere who'll be interested."

sKeith wrote: »
    He resumes , " The soet cultists used to cut strips of the body vergadain used to inhabit, as it was charged with magic enegry. I read it in a book I gave to Othegre."

Bandylegs stares down the hole again.

'Ye mean there's a vessel down below? Sweet divines, we need to release or kill it lad!'

Bandylegs dashes back up to the lodge looking for Othegre.

'OTHEGRE! WHERE ARE YE! GIVE ME THAT BOOK, LASS! I NEED TO READ IT!'

Othegre's mask flicks open.
    OCC - last chance to ask for a roll before I start interacting like a normal kind-of-human....

Necrominus wrote: »
    Bandylegs stares down the hole again.

'Ye mean there's a vessel down below? Sweet divines, we need to release or kill it lad!'

"Calm down Bandy, its long dead already, vergadain discarded it when it escaped from here. The cult just used the 'vessel' for its magic properties, much like I used strips of carpet for their flammable properties to light my lantern."

OOC: You're fine, you're used to dawn hunger

• Advertisement

Ekbard chuckles watching the Dwarf get all worked up and running towards the ladder.

Advertisement