Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

D&D Act One Scene IV - In the shadow of Sanderjarn

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,993 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

sKeith wrote: »
    "Calm down Bandy, its long dead already, vergadain discarded it when it escaped from here. The cult just used the 'vessel' for its magic properties, much like I used strips of carpet for their flammable properties to light my lantern."

OOC: Before I dash up the stairs this takes place.

'Ye don't understand lad. What's to stop some other lunatic like Askit from doin' it again? Where is Othegre, I need te read that book!'

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,485 ✭✭✭✭Banjo

"what do you want, Dwarf......"
    She does not remember getting a book. She also doesn't remember offering anyone a loan of a shovel. And yet, here's the book and where the hell is her shovel? Did she have another frenzy? Is there a drained husk of a librarian in a shallow grave in the garden?

"Isn't this interesting... I have something you want... you have something I crave... your cheeks are so rosy from all that running. You should lie down. Get comfortable..."

Banjo wrote: »
    "what do you want, Dwarf......"
    She does not remember getting a book. She also doesn't remember offering anyone a loan of a shovel. And yet, here's the book and where the hell is her shovel? Did she have another frenzy? Is there a drained husk of a librarian in a shallow grave in the garden?

"Isn't this interesting... I have something you want... you have something I crave... your cheeks are so rosy from all that running. You should lie down. Get comfortable..."

Bandylegs snatches the book from Othegre.

'Quit yer whinin'. This is important. Xanthea has yer shovel, she's outside buryin' her loved one.'

Bandylegs sits in a chair and opens the book, reading it thoroughly.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,705 ✭✭✭✭Tigger

wheres me treasure

Othegre snatches it back.
    "it was in my BAG!"

• Advertisement

Othegre snatches it back.
    "it was in my BAG!"

Bandylegs rounds on Othegre, face in fury.

'Othegre, if ye don't give me that book we be havin' a problem. There is a vessel below, part o'Askit's plan. I need to know exactly what they were doin' with it. Ekbard read some, but he don't know Vergedain like I do. Now, if ye want any dwarven donations in the future, ye'll give me that book. Otherwise I'll let Moy and Xanthea have at ye next time.'

"MOY AND XANTHEA????? Moy would be wolf food if not for me! And Xanthea? Well, ok, that was you but I contributed. I CONTRIBUTED! And what do I get back? Swords! Stakes! My Tumuz cut in half and fed to me like a ****ING KEBAB!"
    She throws the book in the fire.
    "TAKE YOUR ****ING BOOK!"
    Othegre goes out to get her shovel, and it better be in tip top condition.

Bandylegs stares in a fury as the book sails towards the fire...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,705 ✭✭✭✭Tigger

"MOY AND XANTHEA????? Moy would be wolf food if not for me! And Xanthea? Well, ok, that was you but I contributed. I CONTRIBUTED! And what do I get back? Swords! Stakes! My Tumuz cut in half and fed to me like a ****ING KEBAB!"
    She throws the book in the fire.
    "TAKE YOUR ****ING BOOK!"
    Othegre goes out to get her shovel, and it better be in tip top condition.

i zip over and catch the book before it hits the fire
    "ooh a book "
    here bandy. hands it to bandy.

Tigger wrote: »
    i zip over and catch the book before it hits the fire
    "ooh a book "
    here bandy. hands it to bandy.

Bandylegs takes the book.

'Thankee, Goodie. Second time in two days ye've helped me when I needed it. A McGillicuddy always pays his debts, fear not lad.'

Bandylegs settles down and starts reading the book, keeping a cautious eye for any angered vampires trying to take it back.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,404 ✭✭✭✭sKeith

Edbard ventures east through the double doors, then north. Ekbard looks west to see if the huge jelly mass still exists. "hello sister. want to come out to play?"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,263 ✭✭✭robyntmorton

Xanthea finishes her work, and kneels down to scratch a message on a stone with her dagger:

"Here lies Duncan. He fell saving those he loved"

With tears in her eyes she returns to the lodge, and returns the shovel to Othegre.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,558 ✭✭✭✭Fourier

I drip something down the hole, trying to gauge its depth.

"Could be worth it yet Ekbard, is there anywhere up here we haven't looked?"
    The pit is very very deep, Moy doesn't even hear the echo of the the liquid landing.

Xanthea finishes her work, and kneels down to scratch a message on a stone with her dagger:

"Here lies Duncan. He fell saving those he loved"

With tears in her eyes she returns to the lodge, and returns the shovel to Othegre.

"you scratched it. YOU SCRATCHED IT!!!!!" Her faceplate sniks shut, muffling the stream of expletives that follows. Storming outside, she see's Saeros leaning over the well. Her fury bubbles over and she runs at him hard, ready to punt him up the hole and down the shaft. At the last second he turns to acknowledge her and she turns the Tomcrusian pumping knife-hands into a slow-jogged wave.
    "Here"
    she throws the elfen tome from the Thurmonton church onto the ground beside him.
    "Apparently we're now running some kind of book club. You best finish it before Bandylegs takes a shine to it. He does not like to share."
    She returns to the tunnel to look for loot, stopping to examine the weird multi-eyed carving.

Xanthea scratches Othegre's steel coffin with the shovel

"Now is not a time to try me, Othegre" she snarls, and shoves the shovel back into the vampire's hands, before turning and walking away.

Xanthea scratches Othegre's steel coffin with the shovel

"Now is not a time to try me, Othegre" she snarls, and shoves the shovel back into the vampire's hands, before turning and walking away.

Ooc : where's the scratch?

OOC: Across the chestplate. You were facing me at the time

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,637 ✭✭✭✭OldGoat

"Thank you" Searos shouts after the retreating Othegre the Librarian.

He look at the book, immensely relieved that it's not the elfskin covered one. He examines it carefully, checking the cover and binding before opening it.

I'm older than Minecraft goats.

OldGoat wrote: »
    "Thank you" Searos shouts after the retreating Othegre the Librarian.

He look at the book, immensely relieved that it's not the elfskin covered one. He examines it carefully, checking the cover and binding before opening it.
    The book is actually recent enough, a scant 700 years old, young as far as elven tomes go.

Deciphering the spells within will take a few hours.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,637 ✭✭✭✭OldGoat

Saeros head back into the shack and to the piano room where he sits comfortably at the desk and using ink and quill to make notes in his own tattered spellbook as he studies the gift.

He absentmindedly reaches for a drink from a wineskin and only just stops before he quaffs a mouthful of the silver fluid. He makes a note in his book to work up a set of experiments to try and establish the liquids properties.
    "Wonder if I can get someone to taste this for me."

I'm older than Minecraft goats.

• Advertisement

Slopes of Sanderjarn:

The army of the undead halt at the mountain base. The youngest of their number, Elin the decayer, walks to the front. As she has the freshest mind she is the de facto leader. She awaits a command from someone or something else.

OldGoat wrote: »
    Saeros head back into the shack and to the piano room where he sits comfortably at the desk and using ink and quill to make notes in his own tattered spellbook as he studies the gift.
    The book contains some interesting spells, some beyond him, but some not.

OOC:
    Powder of permanence:
    Takes a day to make one vial. Needs rose buds and the eye of a giant.
    Causes incorporeal creatures to become solid within a 20' radius.

Jefon's awareness of the four winds:
    The caster can tell the weather within the next two hours. Level 1 spell

Comprehension of Foreign Eyes:
    Allows the magic user to transfer his mind to a target. The first time lasts days, the second time weeks, the third months. The final time allows permanent occupation, but requires a third party sacrifice. Each time the target must be willing or bound. Level 5

Turn West of all ways:
    Allows the user to view passages in a dungeon that turn in the fourth dimension. Level 4. Note: There will be a dungeon with a 4D layout.

Summon Hk'Gth:
    Summons the terrible Hk'Gth from Candor's second plane. Eight pounds of non-sentient flesh or one pound of sentient flesh is required to prevent the Hk'Gth from killing the caster. The caster will be served by the Hk'Gth for up to fourty minutes. Level 3.

Fourier wrote: »
    Inside is the details of how the Soet cult conquered the dwarfs long ago and bound one of Vergadain's incarnations here. Vergadain himself escaped back to the god planes, but the body he had constructed for himself is a potent source of magical power.

The Soet cult used it to create immortal servants of the god, by growing a minigod from the souls of millions of sacrifices and tissue from Vergadain.

'Dumathoin's beard! The sick bastards!'

Bandylegs drops the book on the table and spies Xanthea.

'Xanthea, I know ye be grievin an all, but ye wouldn' happen to have any rope on ye by any chance? I'll be needin' it if so. It is of grave importance.'

He gestures to the book on the table.

Necrominus wrote: »
    'Dumathoin's beard! The sick bastards!'

Bandylegs drops the book on the table and spies Xanthea.

'Xanthea, I know ye be grievin an all, but ye wouldn' happen to have any rope on ye by any chance? I'll be needin' it if so. It is of grave importance.'

He gestures to the book on the table.

“I lost my own rope with my horse, but fortunately I found a length of rope in a closet. I hope 50 feet is enough.”

Xanthea hands over the rope.

“I lost my own rope with my horse, but fortunately I found a length of rope in a closet. I hope 50 feet is enough.”

Xanthea hands over the rope.

'So do I lass. So do I.'

Bandylegs takes the rope and descends to the chapel again.

He goes through the double doors before spying Othegre in the room with the eye. He peers in.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,631 ✭✭✭Mollyb60

Fourier wrote: »
    Slopes of Sanderjarn:

The army of the undead halt at the mountain base. The youngest of their number, Elin the decayer, walks to the front. As she has the freshest mind she is the de facto leader. She awaits a command from someone or something else.

[OOC: Am I genuinely waiting for a command or is the command supposed to come from me?]

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭Digital Solitude

I pass Bandy my own rope, 50ft of it.

Bandylegs grabs the rope from Moy and makes a knot between the two. He walks to the pit and surveys the room for anywhere to secure the rope to.

'Anyone care to join me? The evil within this place must be eradicated. We must destroy the vessel.'

Bandylegs explains what he read in the book to Moy.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭Digital Solitude

Necrominus wrote: »
    Bandylegs grabs the rope from Moy and makes a knot between the two. He walks to the pit and surveys the room for anywhere to secure the rope to.

'Anyone care to join me? The evil within this place must be eradicated. We must destroy the vessel.'

Bandylegs explains what he read in the book to Moy.

"Aye, I'll descend with ya. Ekbard and Goodie between them have some more rope, better to have more than less, I couldn't tell how deep it goes."

• Advertisement

OOC: I’m off the laptop until later this eve, so go without me.

Advertisement