Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

D&D Act One Scene IV - In the shadow of Sanderjarn

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,558 ✭✭✭✭Fourier

Tigger wrote: »
    "finally 1'm looking for annew longbow would younhave anything worth looking at"?

Goodie smiles and munches on the treat, " and if you had any more of thers lovley biscuists that would be nice as well."
    The weaponsmith eyes the bow.

"Us dwarves aren't too good at bows lad, ye'd fair better with elves in that regard, or yer own folk. What I do have though are special arrows. The price is premium though, would ye be interested"

He lays out the arrows.

Fire arrows and flash arrows (blinding), 1/2GP per arrow.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,705 ✭✭✭✭Tigger

Fourier wrote: »

"Us dwarves aren't too good at bows lad, ye'd fair better with elves in that regard, or yer own folk. What I do have though are special arrows. The price is premium though, would ye be interested"

He lays out the arrows.

ooc how many can i carry easily?

THAT crazed girl improvising her music.
    Her poetry, dancing upon the shore,

Her soul in division from itself
    Climbing, falling She knew not where,
    Hiding amid the cargo of a steamship,
    Her knee-cap broken, that girl I declare
    A beautiful lofty thing, or a thing
    Heroically lost, heroically found.

No matter what disaster occurred
    She stood in desperate music wound,
    Wound, wound, and she made in her triumph
    Where the bales and the baskets lay
    No common intelligible sound
    But sang, 'O sea-starved, hungry sea.'

at a time?

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 52,008 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

"As it happens we are interrogating the Nerosian at this moment. We will consider your word to vouch for him. He was in possession of an old royal artefact. Though the kings are long gone, you know how important these things are symbolically. If it is Thurmonton it must be something Tumuz stole when he conquered us. The idiotic humans there actually worship him.

Little more need be said about your companions, we too know there importance, we are as yourself, of the world.

The sword will be kept here in her honour and yours"

He takes the sword and glances nervously

"I have not been smote for touching it, Vergadain accepts this. I will place it in the temple. Love with a human, I was guilty of such myself, you will find no judgement here."

They are curiously silent on the topic of the slime god.

'Aye. It was as I said. The Nerosian is brutish, but otherwise a good lad. Typical warrior, but cunning in his own right. I will surely vouch for him.'

Bandylegs shifts awkwardly from foot to foot.

'This royal artefact.... surely there be a reward for returnin' it? Ekbard may have been tryin' to sell it, he said as much before Citra took us here. But he had good reason to do so. Ye see, Citra is owed a share of the treasure we recovered from said tomb....'

He stops, never being one to bite his tongue.

'What we witnessed beneath the church of Tumuz was somethin' I never heard tell of before. A slime God. The high cleric o' the church referred to 'im as Soet... ye wouldn't know anythin' about it would ye?'

at a time?
    OOC: Really they take up no more than a typical arrow. I'd consider them weightless for the purpose of encumberment unless it's a huge number of them.

He lays out the arrows.

i have these jewles wworkt 1425 gp
    gimme 100 of those arrows and 1375 gp and we'll call it a deal

• Advertisement

Necrominus wrote: »
    'What we witnessed beneath the church of Tumuz was somethin' I never heard tell of before. A slime God. The high cleric o' the church referred to 'im as Soet... ye wouldn't know anythin' about it would ye?'
    "Soet is....was, not what the humans think. A dark tale for another time."

The other masters glance at each other solemnly.

i have these jewles wworkt 1425 gp
    gimme 100 of those arrows and 1375 gp and we'll call it a deal
    The weaponsmith's eyes nearly fall out of his head.

"You got it Sir!"

He runs outside.

"Thomosoin, get that bloody production line of your going" Goodie hears him shout.

He races back in.

"Should take a few hours, I can give you 60 right now."

I chuckle lightly to myself, the pick feels tremdously heavy as I heft it onto my shoulders. A little hard work while I reflect on what has happened in the previous few days won't do any harm.

I struggle over too an unworked spot and try to swing the pick. It's satisfying to watch the rock crack and crumble away over the next few minutes, thinking back on the journey so far and those I've made the trek with.
    A dwarf with an eye patch, stands over Moy watching him work.

"Bleedin' good lad. You're obviously of sterner stuff than most humans. Are ye a cleric by any chance?"

The weaponsmith's eyes nearly fall out of his head.

"You got it Sir!"

He runs outside.

"Thomosoin, get that bloody production line of your going" Goodie hears him shout.

He races back in.

"Should take a few hours, I can give you 60 right now."

i'll take the 60 now and 1395 gp
    i'll wait for he other 40 and give you 20gp when done

and a biscuit

"Soet is....was, not what the humans think. A dark tale for another time."

The other masters glance at each other solemnly.

Bandylegs nods, sensing they will not be pushed on the issue.

'Aye, that's fer sure. When I return from yer quest I'll be lookin fer some more info, though.

Now, abou' the reward fer finding the artefact. If ye can let me know where to collect it, I'll be on me way. Ye have ter understand, I'm in need of supplies fer this quest. The sword is all I had as I lost me other belongin's when I lost me legs...'

• Advertisement

i'll take the 60 now and 1395 gp
    i'll wait for he other 40 and give you 20gp when done

and a biscuit
    "Alright Sir!" he is clearly pleased with his business today.

Goodie can see Moy being spoken to by a serious looking dwarf. More serious than BandyLegs at any rate.

"Alright Sir!" he is clearly pleased with his business today.

Goodie can see Moy being spoken to by a serious looking dwarf. More serious than BandyLegs at any rate.

slings the arrows and wanders out to the situation as only a 14 year old hafloing can

"whats happeng here?"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭Digital Solitude

A dwarf with an eye patch, stands over Moy watching him work.

"Bleedin' good lad. You're obviously of sterner stuff than most humans. Are ye a cleric by any chance?"

"I am Master Dwarf, in servitude to the Lord Nír. I have been travelling the lands and come upon this fine city.

What of yourself?"

slings the arrows and wanders out to the situation as only a 14 year old hafloing can

"whats happeng here?"

"Goodie, how do? I'm not sure how but I've ended up in a digsite, trying to mine as only the dwarfs can" I laugh.

"Master Dwarf, this is a member of my party, Goodie. Not a bad archer for a pup. And I suppose I be Moy, we travelled here with one of your own, a McGillicuddy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,404 ✭✭✭✭sKeith

Ekbard is brought before the city's council. The Masters of Vergadain, men who in some way have all risen above the common dwarf by leaving the tunnels and venturing out into the human dominated world, adventuring and defeating great foes.

When Ekbard enters only one is present:
    i1Mqer.jpg

The temple itself is simple. An almost perfect hemisphere with a single statue of a smiling dwarf with a mug of ale. Vergadain in mortal form.

"Guard you are dismissed" the Master says.

He then speaks to Ekbard.

"Tell me how you obtained Anak Redhammer IV's finest creation or I'll feed you what's left of your nutsack after my warhammer gives it a kiss"

Ekbard expalins, "Well Master of Vergadain, I was passing through this town of soetard, and dropped into a tavern, where this dawrf laddy by the name of Bandy McGillicuddy offers me a drink, and them some fellors walks in and ask would we like to do a job for some blue shiny stones, I like the look of them shiny stones, see, so follow this group along and find myself in some temple area of soetard and some clerics are giving me abuse for no reason and shouting at me and im like, chill, have a sup of wine to calm the nerves, well, this Bandy fellow tells me to do him a solid and convince this drunkin' mob we are rollin' with to go to thurmonton . I says no bother, I'll do my best. Well, we head out of thurmonton and I say, screw you guys, i'm goin' to thurmonton, an' they all just follow us anyhow. Well, when we get to this thurmonton, there is some big competition going on with all big folk like, so I say to myself, this might be fun, but then just as its starting, some pissed as a fart lad falls over to me and says that Bandy has gone up some place and needs my help, so I drop everything and run like the bejasus after him and I find that he has been ambushed by orc folk, so I batter a few of them orcs and the rest of the decide its better to flee than meet the rath of Ekbard, but before getting away they awaken a troll. Well, one of our party is a ledendary crossbow shooter and shoots out both the trolls eyes in two shots and then another of the warriors in the party throws a spear right thru the trolls brain and lands the sucker to the ground. so, after that our party bonds and we all want to look out for each other like we were kin. Well later that day we go to this church, and meet this cleric of thumontun chap, but my dwarf friend realizes somehow that he is talking poo poo, and calls him up on a few lies he's been tellin', he say, you are not worshipping thormunton, but some evil god called tumaz, or his brother carax. Well the celric was not happpy with us then, but the dwarf was not takin shít from that cleric, he demanded that he share with us this dark secret he was hiding, so the cleric says, sure, I show you the secret, so he opens this alter up in a secret tunnel way, and beckons us in to show us the secret, but he just wants to feed us to some soet god, so he lures us all in, including himself like so we are not sucpicious, right onto a trap door and triggers the trapdoor, killing himself in the process just so that he'd kill the dwarf and the rest of the party so he'd keep his evil secrets a secret. Well, he didn't account for the resourcefulness of our group, we battled our way out of the evil gods stomach and apropiated some of the valuables that were down there at the same time. It so happens that this gem was amongst the treasures. Now will you tell me what an anak redhammer is and where I can buy one?."

"whats happeng here?"
    "I am Master Dwarf, in servitude to the Lord Nír. I have been travelling the lands and come upon this fine city.

What of yourself?"
    "Goodie, how do? I'm not sure how but I've ended up in a digsite, trying to mine as only the dwarfs can" I laugh.

"Master Dwarf, this is a member of my party, Goodie. Not a bad archer for a pup. And I suppose I be Moy, we travelled here with one of your own, a McGillicuddy.
    "You are part of Xanthea, the princess's party? Come with me to my home. I wish to give ye something."

It gives them both directions to his house, tunnel B warren 8.

"I know it is difficult to trust a stranger, but I hope you come. BandyLegs, the name of the one who was called. Perhaps something greater is at work here."

He leaves and heads of through the throng of people.

"You are part of Xanthea, the princess's party? Come with me to my home. I wish to give ye something."

It gives them both directions to his house, tunnel B warren 8.

"I know it is difficult to trust a stranger, but I hope you come. BandyLegs, the name of the one who was called. Perhaps something greater is at work here."

He leaves and heads of through the throng of people.
    Goodie follows closely, slippng easilly through the crowd of tall fwarves

sKeith wrote: »
    Ekbard expalins, "...Now will you tell me what an anak redhammer is and where I can buy one?."
    The master nods his head, impressed at the Nerosian's speed of speech.

"A complete account. Take breaths human you'll pass out.

I am satisfied that you came across the gem innocently. Anak was a king of ours, this gem was his, promised to an ancient dragon in return for services rendered. Unfortunately our whole kingdom was conquered at the time by Tumuz and the gem stolen, for his god. It is wonderful to have it back. Perhaps now we can repay our debt to the dragon. Though truth told it has been so long since the debt was incurred we no longer know what she did.

Let me bring you to a friend of yours."

He leads Ekbard to the chamber with BandyLegs.

Goodie follows closely, slippng easilly through the crowd of tall fwarves
    Arriving at the dwarf's home. Goodie finds various clothes laid out.

"Master Halfling, you will no doubt hear the details soon, but I suspect you will be mountain climbing soon. Will you take this?"

He holds up a stark white overcoat that can be placed over Goodie's current gear.

"Given your natural proclivity for stealth, with this and the snow you'll be near invisible."

Arriving at the dwarf's home. Goodie finds various clothes laid out.

"Master Halfling, you will no doubt hear the details soon, but I suspect you will be mountain climbing soon. Will you take this?"

He holds up a stark white overcoat that can be placed over Goodie's current gear.

"Given your natural proclivity for stealth, with this and the snow you'll be near invisible."

the over coat is large so goodie cuts two finger wide strips off it and wraps his bow tightly to help disguise it.
    he thanks the Dwarf and asks:
    "whats up there?"

• Advertisement

the over coat is large so goodie cuts two finger wide strips off it and wraps his bow tightly to help disguise it.
    he thanks the Dwarf and asks:
    "whats up there?"
    "I am not sure, a human friend of mine, Duncan lived there. From what I was told, great treasure, enough that a man could live in comfort for the rest of his life. However also great evil and danger.

The slopes themselves contain enough evil as it is, but it is the temple that Duncan guarded that you need to fear the most."

"I am not sure, a human friend of mine, Duncan lived there. From what I was told, great treasure, enough that a man could live in comfort for the rest of his life. However also great evil and danger.

The slopes themselves contain enough evil as it is, but it is the temple that Duncan guarded that you need to fear the most."

sounds awful, why am
    ingoing up there?

anyway as it is soo dangerous im wondering
    isthere a bank around here where i can leave my small posessions?

The master nods his head, impressed at the Nerosian's speed of speech.

"A complete account. Take breaths human you'll pass out.

I am satisfied that you came across the gem innocently. Anak was a king of ours, this gem was his, promised to an ancient dragon in return for services rendered. Unfortunately our whole kingdom was conquered at the time by Tumuz and the gem stolen, for his god. It is wonderful to have it back. Perhaps now we can repay our debt to the dragon. Though truth told it has been so long since the debt was incurred we no longer know what she did.

Let me bring you to a friend of yours."

He leads Ekbard to the chamber with BandyLegs.

Ekbard say to the master, "So, what you're saying is that you want to buy this gem off me, so you can repay an old debt to an ancient dragon. Well, I'd be willing to part with it for a fair price of 20000GP, and a warning comes with this price, any less, and you'd be depriving a dragon off its fair price, for Citra, the Golden dragon has a claim to a share."

I need a bank you see because all is not as it seems, The Dwarf who leads us; I herd the trye story of how he lost his legs, he was left behind to die by his "friend" Ekbard so he could carry more riches.
    If the opportunity arises i feel he would do the same to any of us.
    I'm a little bit scared of him.

I also follow the dwarf to his home with Goodie.

"Was Bandylegs and Xantheas arrival expected? Who are you Master Dwarf, if I can ask, and how do you know we will be mountain climbing?"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,263 ✭✭✭robyntmorton

Xanthea leaves the inn, feeling jolly if slightly hungover, carrying the bucket of ale for Bandy, and looking for her companions.

“Has anyone seen a bionic legged dwarf, two humans, an elf and a child?”

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,631 ✭✭✭Mollyb60

Orimrirlums lives in a small run down shack. Inside he is growing rare types of rock. He leaps out of his chair when Elin pops in.

"Oh a real human thief's thief. The kind that raids tombs and all that stuff. What'll it be."

"Yes indeed my friend, a real human thief's thief. I'm here to peruse your wares and see if you would have anything that might interest a human such as myself with such amazing talents."

sKeith wrote: »
    Ekbard say to the master, "So, what you're saying is that you want to buy this gem off me, so you can repay an old debt to an ancient dragon. Well, I'd be willing to part with it for a fair price of 20000GP, and a warning comes with this price, any less, and you'd be depriving a dragon off its fair price, for Citra, the Golden dragon has a claim to a share."

Bandylegs notices Ekbard being led into the chamber.

'Ah Ekbard. As ye can see, I'm back on me feet. Ye might notice a change in me, ye may not, but I'll tell ye anyways.

The masters have seen fit to bestow a gift upon me. A gift I thought was impossible for my kind. They've given me....through the blessings of Vergadain... the gift of magick through my devotion to his grace. Mayhap 'twill come in handy fer us. By the way, I heard tell of another quest that involves treasure me lad.

Ye fancy lendin' me yer sword this time around? I'll be makin' no deals or erstwhile this time though. All of us that be here, if ye all choose to join me will get equal share.

I'll be needing some of the coin from the last dungeon off ye though lad. I find meself in debt to the limbsmiths, and in desperate need of supplies.'

• Advertisement

Necrominus wrote: »
    Bandylegs notices Ekbard being led into the chamber.

'Ah Ekbard. As ye can see, I'm back on me feet. Ye might notice a change in me, ye may not, but I'll tell ye anyways.

The masters have seen fit to bestow a gift upon me. A gift I thought was impossible for my kind. They've given me....through the blessings of Vergadain... the gift of magick through my devotion to his grace. Mayhap 'twill come in handy fer us. By the way, I heard tell of another quest that involves treasure me lad.

Ye fancy lendin' me yer sword this time around? I'll be makin' no deals or erstwhile this time though. All of us that be here, if ye all choose to join me will get equal share.

I'll be needing some of the coin from the last dungeon off ye though lad. I find meself in debt to the limbsmiths, and in desperate need of supplies.'
    edkard examines bany, "why, those are mighty fine legs you got there."
    "i don't notice a difference in you apart form the legs, but if you say so, thats great"
    "i'll go a treasure hunting with you, and for an equal share as you say."
    "as for coin, lets discuss that cause i was in a quandy working that out. Citra wants a piece of your share, is that only the stone, or a piece of your share in the loot too, i couldn't read between the lines when she spoke, but its your deal, so, i'll let you explain your interpetation of that. Also, Elin has said she dont want a share, do you think we can change her mind? if elin takes a cut, its an eight way split, but if elin is refusing to share, do we split 7 ways instead? your advise is welcomed."

Advertisement