Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

D&D Act One Scene IV - In the shadow of Sanderjarn

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,993 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

Bandylegs muses to the others.

'What do ye suppose them maggoty lads meant abou' the dead risin'? That dosnae sound too good lads.'

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,485 ✭✭✭✭Banjo

"Oh sweet Salmagundi! You don't think.....your legs are trying to find you..?"
    Othegre starts looking around frantically, sure she can hear footsteps coming closer...closer...

'Maybe it be time to use that there tablet Ekbard. I just dinnae have the right question yet.

We could ask abou' the risin' dead. But... if the dead be risen.... maybe we should ask how to stop 'em. What say you?

Or... we could ask how to get down from the mountain safely... and ask the elders abou' the dead.

But I want te try te reach Citra wit' me mind when we finish our business. She be wantin' to know abou' Xanthea and Duncan.'

"Nolimbs, I've been meaning to ask you... the black goop. I have my suspicions - but what happened? What is it?"

Banjo wrote: »
    "Nolimbs, I've been meaning to ask you... the black goop. I have my suspicions - but what happened? What is it?"

'It allowed me te speak te Vergedain, lassie. Ask him 3 questions. That's how I saved meself. Not sure if it'll work for ye, only way is to try it. I can read minds for now as well. I learned somethin' dark... dangerous. But I dunno if I can tell ye.

How's yer hunger lass? I'm feelin' fresh... but I'm protected from ye like before on the mountain. Ye'll need te feed from someone, lest we have te kill ye...'

• Advertisement

"Why the hell would I want to drink your ale-reeking stump-juice? I've got a whole wineskin full of Vergedain's blood! GOD'S BLOOD! Imagine..."
    She pauses
    "Dwarves are cool with Vampires aren't they? I mean... he's not going to make my ears come off and explode me from the inside or anything... is he? Oh, by the way, you forgot to pick this up" she hands Bandy his ear that fell off earlier.

"What's he like? Is he cranky? Do you think he'd let me ask some questions too?"

'I cannae answer that Othegre, I dinnae if ye'd be deemed worthy enough to speak to him. Maybe best to ask... or... ME to ask the masters if we make it back to Sanderjarn before ye go drinkin' any goop.'

He looks oddly at the ear.

'And how do ye expect me to take me ear back? I've got no arms ye daft bessie! And why is me ear all chewed!'

"Crackling!"
    she gives the ear one more chew and balances it on top of Bandy's head.
    She wonders exactly how far the Dwarves can go with prosthetics before you stop being you and start being... something else. But when she looks at her own hermetically sealed hands, well, how far down that rabbit hole does she want to go?

The hunger is clawing at her. She's going to have to take him up on his offer if something tasty doesn't attack them soon. And he tastes awful.

She eyes the wineskin enviously but refrains from drinking. for now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,631 ✭✭✭Mollyb60

Elin blinks slowly. Something......is different. She can't quite put her finger on what though. Her head throbs and there's a fuzziness she can't seem to shake off. Like there's a haze over the world and everything is moving like she's underwater. She looks around her and sees a multitude of corpses all looking at her. What has happened? 'Oh, yes' she thinks, 'I was going to the tomb. We must open the tomb.'

As she thinks this, the hoard turns as one and begins slowly moving down the mountain en masse. Ensconced in the heart of the hoard, she allows the movement to carry her along with them. She keeps trying to shake her head to clear the haze. Nothing seems to help though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,558 ✭✭✭✭Fourier

The hoard arrive at a set of huge double doors, at least 100' in height. All about the door are magic seals and writing in Dwarvish, Elfish and something else.

These are the enemy's seals is the impression she gets from the presence guiding her. What enemy she knows not.

• Advertisement

OOC: Please, oh please don't let this be our dungeon :( I have no arms and Elin doesn't like Bandy already. I'll be eaten first :o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,404 ✭✭✭✭sKeith

Ekbard closes the gems chest and pushes it out the door of the Twins room into the corridor.

Fourier wrote: »
    The hoard arrive at a set of huge double doors, at least 100' in height. All about the door are magic seals and writing in Dwarvish, Elfish and something else.

These are the enemy's seals is the impression she gets from the presence guiding her. What enemy she knows not.

Elin frowns at the doors. 'We really need to open these doors'. The hoard begin to claw at the door frames and at the ground beneath the doors in an effort to get inside.
    'I wonder what is around the back?'
    A group splits off to either side of the doors and moves along the walls on either side to ascertain if there are other entrances.

EDIT: [OOC: can Elin sense anyone alive in the vicinity?]

Mollyb60 wrote: »
    Elin frowns at the doors. 'We really need to open these doors'. The hoard begin to claw at the door frames and at the ground beneath the doors in an effort to get inside.
    'I wonder what is around the back?'
    A group splits off to either side of the doors and moves along the walls on either side to ascertain if there are other entrances.

EDIT: [OOC: can Elin sense anyone alive in the vicinity?]

Elin feels a weight around her neck and realises that she may hold the key to this tomb already.
    'Oh yes, I..............remember this. It's for opening things' she says slowly. She turns to look for a keyhole in the doors. The hoard stops dead and parts like the red sea so that Elin can approach the doors.

OOC: Oh ****, there are big locked doors between us and the ladder....

"Well it's been a long day of moving chests full of jewels to the bottom of the pit by torchlight, having goodie tie the knots and Ekbard haul them upstairs. I think that's the last of them. Whaddya say Moy, shall we celebrate by heading out of this pit and seeing how much of your blood I can hold in my mouth at once? ... Wait! Come back! Don't you want to know what you taste like?"

The undead that dig beneath the doors are fried deader as a set of magic spells incinerate the. The ones travelling along the wall find no entrance.

Upon approaching the doors Elin's key emits a gentle green hum, the magic spells deactivate and the undead complete a successful tunnel beneath the door.

'Hey, ye bastards! Dinnae forget abou'me!! I've been sittin' here in the dark watchin' ye all this time! It might sound weird, but I figured, where's the 'arm in that!'

The undead that dig beneath the doors are fried alive as a set of magic spells incinerate the. The ones travelling along the wall find no entrance.

Upon approaching the doors Elin's key emits a gentle green hum, the magic spells deactivate and the undead complete a successful tunnel beneath the door.

[OOC: don't you mean fried deader? lol]

Elin enjoys the humming noise and holds the key closer to her chest. 'Can any of us see the keyhole?'

There is no keyhole. Though a hoard of thousands have burrowed to the other side.

The hoard looks around at the scene inside the doors.

Elin sighs and moves to go under the doors with the rest of the hoard. The rest will hold back until the interior can be determined.

• Advertisement

Elin enters the tomb, which is in fact a cavern in a natural cave system, with the roof smoothed in one spot to look like a dome.

At the top of the dome is a circular hole leading upward. Beneath which is a large sarcophagus.

"I can't believe how trouble-free that operation to move all these boxes of jewels and empty sarcophagi from the Chapel up to the surface was. No rope snappage, all ropes recovered, no one died and Bandy still has his torso and head mostly intact! Given everything that's happened to me since I met you people has involved me getting beaten up and killed, I guess we were due a break. High Fives! .... Oh, sorry Bandy."

OOC : So what's the rule? Fourier has 30 seconds to rule this post invalid before it becomes canon?

Othegre puts the final shovel-full of dirt on Xantheas grave beside Duncan's. She'll leave the erecting of a headstone to the others.

"Goodbye Xanthea. You were like a half-sister to me.

My half-sister was a bitch."

She spits on the grave and returns to the cabin to look for the sledges she vaguely remembers seeing earlier.

Elin enters the tomb, which is in fact a cavern in a natural cave system, with the roof smoothed in one spot to look like a dome.

At the top of the dome is a circular hole leading upward. Beneath which is a large sarcophagus.

[ooc: no obvious corridors lead out of the cavern I assume? What is the sarcophagus hanging from? Is it on the ceiling? I can't really picture that in my head at all]

Elin blinks slowly. 'I wonder what's in that sarcophagus?'

The hoard begins to climb on each other to reach the sarchphagus, eventually forming a pile that Elin can climb up to reach it.

Bandylegs, now on his feet in the lodge (OOC: Until Fourier deigns otherwise) speaks to the others.

'We should burn this cursed place below us to the ground. Now, I'm going to try something.'

Bandylegs walks outside and tries to use his telepathy to send a message to Citra.

'Citra, it be Bandylegs 'ere. I 'ave some grave news fer ye, concerning Xanthea and Duncan. We're at the peak o'the mountain above Sanderjarn. We 'ad to kill Askit. If ye find it in yer power, please come and rescue us... especially me. I've lost me arms.'

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,404 ✭✭✭✭sKeith

Ekbard says to othegre, "now that we have all these chests up to the sitting room in the cabin, Do you think we could try and remove the roof of the cabin and tie ropes to it and then see if we all drag these chests away from here."

Mollyb60 wrote: »
    [ooc: no obvious corridors lead out of the cavern I assume? What is the sarcophagus hanging from? Is it on the ceiling? I can't really picture that in my head at all]

Elin blinks slowly. 'I wonder what's in that sarcophagus?'

The hoard begins to climb on each other to reach the sarchphagus, eventually forming a pile that Elin can climb up to reach it.
    OOC: The sarcophagus now hangs from the ceiling by archaic chains. It was just on the ground beneath the hole in the roof before, but this is cooler.

The sarcophagus has writing on it that Elin somehow understands, even though she knows she shouldn't.

"Tomb of the Conqueror, any who tread near this tomb leave, do not release that within - Ursula the Wizard. "

The sarcophagus has magic seals on it.

OOC: The sarcophagus now hangs from the ceiling by archaic chains. It was just on the ground beneath the hole in the roof before, but this is cooler.

The sarcophagus has writing on it that Elin somehow understands, even though she knows she shouldn't.

"Tomb of the Conqueror, any who tread near this tomb leave, do not release that within - Ursula the Wizard. "

The sarcophagus has magic seals on it.

'Aww, is poor Ursula locked up? I don't like it when people are locked up. Let's get her out shall we?'

Elin steps up onto the sarcophagus and tries to reach up to get out through the whole in the ceiling. She is helped by the hoard who push up behind her with the sarcophagus.

sKeith wrote: »
    Ekbard says to othegre, "now that we have all these chests up to the sitting room in the cabin, Do you think we could try and remove the roof of the cabin and tie ropes to it and then see if we all drag these chests away from here."

"I can't believe how much easier that was than I expected. Quicker too. With your engineering skills, and my magical engineering knowhow, and this ingenious system of ropes and pulleys, we can achieve anything!"

Othegre reaches out with her mind, finding Munch Munch, teat-brother to Sir Chompington and leader of the East Slope pack. She calls him and his pack to their location and they use the ropes to harness the wolves to the makeshift sled. Bandylegs mans the foot-operated tiller at the back, Goodie watches for traps and danger at the front. They load the sled up with <fill in outlandish amount later> of jewels in chests and sarcophagi, along with all of their gear including the stuff they ditched earlier for encumbrance reasons, the body of Saeros which they'll bury in the first wood they find and away they go.

"Mush!"

OOC : What's he going to do to us? The further we take this the bigger our punishment is going to be...

• Advertisement

OOC: :pac: :pac:

Advertisement