Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

D&D Act One Scene IV - In the shadow of Sanderjarn

1414243444547»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,558 ✭✭✭✭Fourier

Tigger wrote: »
    Running
    Goodie reaches the Cabin again by mid-evening.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,404 ✭✭✭✭sKeith

Ekbard noticing the effects of the potion turns back towards bandlegs

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,705 ✭✭✭✭Tigger

Fourier wrote: »
    Goodie reaches the Cabin again by mid-evening.

Enter that madhouse ?
    Rolls d2

Nope

sKeith wrote: »
    Ekbard noticing the effects of the potion turns back towards bandlegs
    OOC: STR check to grab him without stopping.

• Advertisement

Goodie looks for an alternators

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,485 ✭✭✭✭Banjo

"it's happening agaaaaain!.... Wait, how do you know that? And how come you're part of this cloud? What happens if I need to go pee?.....about 4 da- oooooooooh! Wait, if I don't pee any more, why have I still got a.. y'know.... It does WHAT???"

Ooc : I'm going to make a run for the dwarf city. Have I lost all my stuff now?

Ekbard picks up BandyLegs, dumps him in the cart and goes off the slope.

The descent is fast, but nothing fatal happens.

The land in a snow field, Dwarrowtown can be seen two miles away.

Goodie looks for an alternators
    Alternators? (Sorry I'm being thick here :))

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,993 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

Bandylegs sighs with relief and looks around to see who is with him.

'Make for the city, Ekbard. I get me arms back and we can plot our next move.'

• Advertisement

Alternators? (Sorry I'm being thick here :))

Alternate route

Ekbard gets 5800 of gems and takes off as fast as possible towards town, "hurry, we must warn the folks of dawwortown about this horde." Ooc: encumbrance 3 unless thick skin slows me down.

Alternate route
    There is a path 90 degrees from the current one going down the mountain.

sKeith wrote: »
    Ekbard gets 5800 of gems and takes off as fast as possible towards town, "hurry, we must warn the folks of dawwortown about this horde." Ooc: encumbrance 3 unless thick skin slows me down.

Bandylegs halts Ekbard.

'Hold on lad. Can we not drive the cart there?

If not load me up with 7800 worth of gems lad. I'd do it meself only I have no arms...'

Bandylegs shakes his head.

'No accident, laddies. Take me to the smiths'

They reach the gates of Dwarrowtown.

The guards at the gates see BandyLegs.

"Aye now that's a proper mining accident. Fair play man!!"

There is a path 90 degrees from the current one going down the mountain.

I go for it hell for leather
    No life till leather

BandyLegs heads straight for the Limbsmith.

"Aye laddie, I can rebuild you, make ye stronger..."

A few hours tinkering later, the dwarven masters enter the smithery. They discuss the slab in front of them with interest. BandyLegs hears them...

"..Aye and the ear as well, me most extensive work my Masters. He is the pinnacle of our limb smithing."

He pulls a switch and the slab rotates to face the Masters.

The main master speaks...

"Rise Lord McGillicuddy, steel champion of Dwarrowtown".

AhAj8o.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,263 ✭✭✭robyntmorton

AhAj8o.jpg

Looking good, Bandy

• Advertisement

Ekbard check to see if the piano still works...

sKeith wrote:
    Ekbard check to see if the piano still works...

OOC: Sell and lodge in shared fund. Picture is mine though. :P

Ooc : I'm a little unclear... Did I follow the sleigh? Am I a cloud floating over the horde? Am I at the mercy of the winds? Can I move independently? How quickly/slowly? Can I turn back? If I turn back am I back in armour? Am I in the nip? Is it day time? Should I just Othegre my way out of this by answering those questions myself in narrative and hope you don't destroy the dwarven city to set the world to rights and restore balance?

OOC: Followed sleigh, can move, day, armour morphs with you

Ekbard remembers the merchant from the last time he was in town, the one who called with scum, and smirks, then he pulls the sleigh there, all the rest of the group tag along. "Hey Merchant, you wanna buy any of this junk, but the potions and the painting are not for sale?"

"form of wolf!"
    Othegre appears out of relatively thick looking air and lands a foot behind Ekbard. Ok, that didn't work but form mist is still pretty cool.
    "Form of mist!"
    Nothing happens. Practice, practice. She takes advantage of the confusion her arrival has caused to shove ahead of Ekbard and sell the 5800 gp worth of jewels she was carrying and retrieve her stuff from the sleigh. She leaves 577gp with Ekbard, the Company's share of the spoils from the eye gems from Thurmonton. It seems like so long ago.

"Hey, how much will you give me for this topaz Statue?.... (No, that's ridiculous...there's no such- fine I'll ask) also, could you please point me towards your Spider Armoury?"

Ekbard tells Othegre that he opened an account in her name at the bank around the corner with her share from thurmonton deposited in it.

Othegre thanks Ekbard for the Avaricious Abbathor's Super Saver Club card and novelty moneybox but reminds him that she's 21, not 12. Still, more money can't be bad. To buy.... Um.... Uh.....
    Ooc - cheers! Had forgotten. Also I owe the kitty 5/6 or 4/5 of 5800... Unless we all took the same amount. Or I took less than I thought...

Banjo wrote: »
    Othegre thanks Ekbard for the Avaricious Abbathor's Super Saver Club card and novelty moneybox but reminds him that she's 21, not 12. Still, more money can't be bad. To buy.... Um.... Uh.....
    Ooc - cheers! Had forgotten. Also I owe the kitty 5/6 or 4/5 of 5800... Unless we all took the same amount. Or I took less than I thought...

Yeah I’m counting

• Advertisement

Othergre returns to the sleigh and untethers the wolves. She's not entirely sure why the city guards allowed this many feral man-eaters into the city and right up to the door of a merchants in the central square but, she reflects, there are more dangerous things loose under the mountain. Her, for a start. She thanks Munch-Munch for his assistance. He leaves his eldest daughter with her as protection, the rest of the pack return to the mountain.

OOC - that's right, I'm too cheap to buy a guard dog and I'm on a roll with the self modding :D

Othegre bites a length of the rope free and tethers the wolf with it. Passing Moy who's still sitting on the sleigh, she calls "Hey, God-squad! Meet my new doggie. Her name is Nír. You know, like your deity. Her. She's a bitch. Nír is my bitch! Do you get it? Because that's the name of your god? Do you? Do you get the joke?" She gets no reaction.
    "....Don't be jealous, she's not going to replace you.... how could anyone replace yo-.... no she won't, she can't even talk!"
    "rrrrrres ri rrrrran!"
    "AAAAAARGH!"
    Othergre has never heard a spider laugh, or do ventriloquism. It was not worth the wait.

Advertisement