Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

D&D Act One Scene IV - In the shadow of Sanderjarn

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 52,008 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

sKeith wrote: »
    edkard examines bany, "why, those are mighty fine legs you got there."
    "i don't notice a difference in you apart form the legs, but if you say so, thats great"
    "i'll go a treasure hunting with you, and for an equal share as you say."
    "as for coin, lets discuss that cause i was in a quandy working that out. Citra wants a piece of your share, is that only the stone, or a piece of your share in the loot too, i couldn't read between the lines when she spoke, but its your deal, so, i'll let you explain your interpetation of that. Also, Elin has said she dont want a share, do you think we can change her mind? if elin takes a cut, its an eight way split, but if elin is refusing to share, do we split 7 ways instead? your advise is welcomed."

Bandylegs nods.

'Twas half me share lad. But that is nae yer concern. Let me settle up with the dragon, I'll take me full share and deal with her soon.

As for Elin... Divide the treasure 8 ways lad. If she dosnae take it we can use her share as a central fund should anyone fall on hard times like I did mesel'.'

Bandylegs turns to the masters again.

'Now, where were we masters? Oh yeah, the reward fer returnin' yer priceless jewel..'

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,404 ✭✭✭✭sKeith

"I've only got 1450gp of the church haul cashed before a hoard of dwarf guards ripped me away,
    currently your cut of an eight way split is 181gp 2sp and 5 cp.
    i've 950GP worth of treasure still to cash, and this here stone that that master wants as he owes a dragon one."

ekbard gives bandylegs 181gp 2sp and 5 cp.

Bandylegs takes the coin.

'Aye, tis a start. A mere drop in the ocean when it comes to payin' fer me legs, but I'll find the coin fer that.'

He stops for a moment.

'Actually, back when we were dealin' with Askit ye were very good at securin' any extra coin. Mesel, on the other hand, had to part with half me share fer everyone's benefit.'

Bandylegs turns to the masters.

'As I was sayin', I vouch for the Narosian, he is of good character. He'll be very helpful to me headin' to the mountain top. I give him leave to negotiate our reward fer the jewel on behalf of the group. Now, I must take me leave. There's a battle axe with me name on it calling from one o'the master craft stores!'

Bandylegs nods at Ekbard, bows to the masters, and finally bows his head in prayer before Vergadain's altar. Then he turns on his heel and heads out into the street.

He notices Xanthea looking slightly disheveled wandering the streets and heads in her direction.

'Xanthea, what in Dumathoin's beard happened to ye? I told ye drink yer fill, but I ne'er realised yer fill be ter empty the bar! How much do I owe the barkeep fer ye?'

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,263 ✭✭✭robyntmorton

Necrominus wrote: »
    He notices Xanthea looking slightly disheveled wandering the streets and heads in her direction.

'Xanthea, what in Dumathoin's beard happened to ye? I told ye drink yer fill, but I ne'er realised yer fill be ter empty the bar! How much do I owe the barkeep fer ye?'

"Hail Brand-"

Xanthea squints a little...

"There's something different about ye. Did ye get your beard trimmed or something? Anyway, I've been tending to business, getting my weapons sorted, and learning of the tidings of this great city. Did ye know 7 of the 10 mayors were reelected?

As for what ye owe the barkeep, it's all taken care of, and ye owe neither him nor me a penny. They'll never bet on how much a human can drink again though, that's for sure *hic*"

Xanthea hands over the bucket of ale.

"There ye go. As promised, I have a gallon of ale for ye. Now, where're we going?"

"Hail Brand-"

Xanthea squints a little...

"There's something different about ye. Did ye get your beard trimmed or something? Anyway, I've been tending to business, getting my weapons sorted, and learning of the tidings of this great city. Did ye know 7 of the 10 mayors were reelected?

As for what ye owe the barkeep, it's all taken care of, and ye owe neither him nor me a penny. They'll never bet on how much a human can drink again though, that's for sure *hic*"

Xanthea hands over the bucket of ale.

"There ye go. As promised, I have a gallon of ale for ye. Now, where're we going?"

Bandylegs takes the bucket with a large smile on his face.

'I like you Xanthea. The way to a dwarves' heart is through ale.'

He takes a deep drink and then composes himself.

'As fer what's new with me, do ye like me new legs. I'm a little slower than before, but stronger and sturdier. The masters also saw fit to bestow me with Vergadain's blessin', makin me a magick man! As well as that, they also asked a favour of me, and those who will join me...'

Bandylegs explains the situation to Xanthea, including the mention of Duncan and an equal share in any treasure.

• Advertisement

"I knew there was something different about ye. Ye stand about three inches taller, and carry yourself differently. Maybe you really do have the powers of magic!"

Xanthea listens to the tidings of the temple on the mountain, but remains resolutely silent on the mention of Duncan or the letter she has received...

"I knew there was something different about ye. Ye stand about three inches taller, and carry yourself differently. Maybe you really do have the powers of magic!"

Xanthea listens to the tidings of the temple on the mountain, but remains resolutely silent on the mention of Duncan or the letter she has received...

'So ye see, the masters want us to journey to the mountain top and check on Duncan, they're worried of his safety.

Me, I could care less abou' Duncan or whatever poxy religion the humans have up there. Can I count on yer sword one more time? They believe there are mountains of gold contained within.

I'm on me way to pick up a fancy new battleaxe fer me troubles. Mayhap I'll get a master crafted one. Care to join me? Ekbard is in Vergadain's temple yonder, negotiating our reward fer returining the jewel of Carax. I know not where t'others are.'

"I think it best that we stick together, rather than all wandering off alone again, so I will accompany you to get your battleaxe. I'm sure the others will find their way back to us soon."

'Very well. Did you manage to get your weapons re honed? Lead the way to the craftsman if so.'

Bandylegs follows Xanthea down the street

Xanthea leads Bandy to Durivoc, the weapon smith.

"Greetings again Master Durivoc! I have brought someone to meet you. May I introduce Master Dwarf, and Cleric of Vergadin, Bandylegs McGillicuddy. I believe he is in need of armament, and as you took good care of me, I think you both will get on well together"

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,558 ✭✭✭✭Fourier

The masters watch BandyLegs leave.

"Here is the 20,000 GP Nerosian" says the lead master.

"I feel somebody has been conned here, but I am not sure who, for it is to Citra that we owe the entire gem."

They shift on their feet and glance at each other, uncomfortable that they may have been caught out in someway.

"Though we know you have your own motivations as an adventurer, you risk a lot for our city. Take this"

They hand over a blank stone.

"Only once, you may ask it a question and Vergadain himself will inscribe the answer, so long as it does not interfere with the plans of a god of equal rank. Have BandyLegs close to hand, as the answer will appear in our tongue"

Tigger wrote: »
    the over coat is large so goodie cuts two finger wide strips off it and wraps his bow tightly to help disguise it.
    he thanks the Dwarf and asks:
    "whats up there?"
    I also follow the dwarf to his home with Goodie.

"Was Bandylegs and Xantheas arrival expected? Who are you Master Dwarf, if I can ask, and how do you know we will be mountain climbing?"
    He hands Moy an amulet.

"Duncan said to give this to a cleric. You're the best option I think.

As for what's up there, I only know what Duncan told me, a dark temple. With a darker history. What he saw up there scarred him. Something foul"

OOC: Moy in particular would take this as "evil" and probably view it as a duty to remove. However up to you Digi what your cult is like, this is just the average lawful cleric.

The princess was also a friend of Duncan's and this BandyLegs seems to be Vergadain's new chosen. They'll be going up the mountains together, it seems to be ordained. They'll need all the help they can get. Seeing as ye were with them before, I hope ye will be again."

He smiles "for the treasure at least!"

Fourier wrote: »
    The masters watch BandyLegs leave.

"Here is the 20,000 GP Nerosian" says the lead master.

"I feel somebody has been conned here, but I am not sure who, for it is to Citra that we owe the entire gem."

They shift on their feet and glance at each other, uncomfortable that they may have been caught out in someway.

"Though we know you have your own motivations as an adventurer, you risk a lot for our city. Take this"

They hand over a blank stone.

"Only once, you may ask it a question and Vergadain himself will inscribe the answer, so long as it does not interfere with the plans of a god of equal rank. Have BandyLegs close to hand, as the answer will appear in our tongue"

Edkard says, "Thank you Master dwarf, at least we can both honour our agreements now."
    "Regarding the stone, is it for me and me alone, or may I give it to another?"

Edkard says, "Thank you Master dwarf, at least we can both honour our agreements now."
    "Regarding the stone, is it for me and me alone, or may I give it to another?"
    "Yours alone Nerosian, so Vergadain judges"

"Yours alone Nerosian, so Vergadain judges"
    "I'll take my leave now if thats okay with you, and you can send the commander to come find me if you need to talk with me again."

I need a bank you see because all is not as it seems, The Dwarf who leads us; I herd the trye story of how he lost his legs, he was left behind to die by his "friend" Ekbard so he could carry more riches.
    If the opportunity arises i feel he would do the same to any of us.
    I'm a little bit scared of him.
    "Well Dwarves are more reliable bankers than any human, just go to the main gold house next to the temple of Vergadain. Your coin will be safer than a pineapple at a..."

He considers the grave situation and thinks best of a lewd joke

"Your coin will be safe."

"I'll take my leave now if thats okay with you, and you can send the commander to come find me if you need to talk with me again."
    "You are free Nerosian, we all hope to see you again"

Ekbard is shown the way out.

Mollyb60 wrote: »
    "Yes indeed my friend, a real human thief's thief. I'm here to peruse your wares and see if you would have anything that might interest a human such as myself with such amazing talents."
    Well, I have this.

He unfolds a stunningly crafted lockpick.

"I've been working on it for over a year. She's got an incredibly fine tip. 100GP"

OOC: +10% lockpicking

On leaving the temple, Edbard makes his way back to the stables, he retrieves the last 950gp worth of treasure from the cart (+1 encumbrace) and sets off back to the same merchants shop, the one who called him scum.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,705 ✭✭✭✭Tigger

"Well Dwarves are more reliable bankers than any human, just go to the main gold house next to the temple of Vergadain. Your coin will be safer than a pineapple at a..."

He considers the grave situation and thinks best of a lewd joke

"Your coin will be safe."

Goodie sprints down to the Gold house and deposits all but 50gp of his stack, he leaves instruction that in the event of his demise it will go to the person of his choosing.

he sprints back to await the Dwarf and the madman

• Advertisement

Xanthea leads Bandy to Durivoc, the weapon smith.

"Greetings again Master Durivoc! I have brought someone to meet you. May I introduce Master Dwarf, and Cleric of Vergadin, Bandylegs McGillicuddy. I believe he is in need of armament, and as you took good care of me, I think you both will get on well together"
    "A cleric of Vergadain, my word!! Granny get yer arse in here"

An old female dwarf sporting a regal twenty foot beard enters. BandyLegs can tell it was an eye turning beard in her younger days.

"Look the new cleric of Vergadain"

The old woman rubs some old ruins against BandyLegs for good look, making sure not to look him in the eye for good look.

"I am not worthy to praise Vergadain, may ye do it in my name noble cleric."

She hobbles out.

"Thank ye, she's a good old bird. Anyway, what weapon will ye be wanting?"

On leaving the temple, Edbard makes his way back to the stables, he retrieves the last 950gp worth of treasure from the cart (+1 encumbrace) and sets off back to the same merchants shop, the one who called him scum.
    He enters the shop.

"So the scum returns. Have you come to defecate in my shop, is no act too low for you? I can't believe the masters let you off."

ooc
    i have given the name of who i would have collect it if i was to die.there is also a note

er whas gonning on?

He enters the shop.

"So the scum returns. Have you come to defecate in my shop, is no act too low for you? I can't believe the masters let you off."

"Would you like to buy this treasue off me?" Ekbards places the 950 GP of treasure on the bench.

ooc
    i have given the name of who i would have collect it if i was to die.there is also a note

er whas gonning on?
    OOC: My fault, I realised I should be asking these questions in the OOC thread. No worries.

"Would you like to buy this treasue off me?" Ekbards places the 950 GP of treasure on the bench.
    "You humans, always with the coins, I'll buy yer treasure, so that it's back in dwarven hands."

He hands over 950GP

"I do not want to know the foul desecration ye visited on our ancestors tombs to obtain these you scum."

Ekbard wishes the merchant well and exits the shop. He now looks around for any signs of any of his party.

Leaving their respective mercantile establishments, Ekbard and Goodie can see Xanthea and BandyLegs standing outside a dwarven ale house. Elin is visible discussing something with a long bearded dwarf in a shack a quarter mile past the ale house.

Leaving their respective mercantile establishments, Ekbard and Goodie can see Xanthea and BandyLegs standing outside a dwarven ale house. Elin is visible discussing something with a long bearded dwarf in a shack a quarter mile past the ale house.

Goodie sprints over to Bandy, "oh Dwarf I'm so gld to see you got your legs back!" he hugs the cleric.

It's nice to see you as well X.

"why are we going up the mountain ?" he asks

• Advertisement

Ekbard goes ove to join Goodie Xanthea and Bandylegs. "I have some pouches for each of you, Bandylegs, this will help pay for them new shiny legs", he hands Bandy a pouch with 2618gp 7sp and 5cp, he hands goodie a pouch containing 2800gp, and then he hands xanthea a pouch containg 2800 gp.

"Bandylegs, have you talked to elin yet about refusing to take her share?"

Advertisement