Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

D&D Act One Scene IV - In the shadow of Sanderjarn

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,705 ✭✭✭✭Tigger

sKeith wrote: »
    Ekbard goes ove to join Goodie Xanthea and Bandylegs. "I have some pouches for each of you, Bandylegs, this will help pay for them new shiny legs", he hands Bandy a pouch with 2618gp 7sp and 5cp, he hands goodie a pouch containing 2800gp, and then he hands xanthea a pouch containg 2800 gp.

"Bandylegs, have you talked to elin yet about refusing to take her share?"

Goodie says
    "thanks " but I also had a few finds." he hands Eckbard back 1,248 gp "split this amongst the group."
    and tears off to the the bank with his wages. (he deposits another 1500 leaving 102 in his purse.)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,404 ✭✭✭✭sKeith

"well, since you're here, that 178gp to bandy, and xantea, here goodie, here is Elins share 178gp, it might be better coming from you, she has trouble taking her share from me, if you can convince her, i also have a 2800gp pouch for her."

"well, since you're here, that 156gp to bandy, and xantea, 156gp back to goodie, here goodie, here is Elins share 156gp too, it might be better coming from you, she has trouble taking her share from me, if you can convince her, i also have a 2800gp pouch for her."

Goodie returns from the bank. " your maths or mine are faulty ?"

Tigger wrote: »
    Goodie returns from the bank. " your maths or mine are faulty ?"
    "1248 8 way is 156."

"1248 8 way is 156."

Who is the eigth ?

• Advertisement

"me, and you, bandy, moy, xanthea, searos, othegre and elin."

"me, and you, bandy, moy, xanthea, searos, othegre and elin."

so 7
    i took my share

ooc, changed to 7 way split above. +22gp each.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭Digital Solitude

Fourier wrote: »
    He hands Moy an amulet.

"Duncan said to give this to a cleric. You're the best option I think.

As for what's up there, I only know what Duncan told me, a dark temple. With a darker history. What he saw up there scarred him. Something foul"

OOC: Moy in particular would take this as "evil" and probably view it as a duty to remove. However up to you Digi what your cult is like, this is just the average lawful cleric.

The princess was also a friend of Duncan's and this BandyLegs seems to be Vergadain's new chosen. They'll be going up the mountains together, it seems to be ordained. They'll need all the help they can get. Seeing as ye were with them before, I hope ye will be again."

He smiles "for the treasure at least!"

"This doesn't sound good, I will accompany Bandylegs and Xanthea to this temple. Thank you Master Dwarf, I pray we may defeat any evils we find."

I thank him and bid my leave, meeting with the rest of the party outside the alehouse.

OOC: Seems like we should sort that out. Is it likely we'll be heading up the mountain before we rest again?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,558 ✭✭✭✭Fourier

OOC: Seems like we should sort that out. Is it likely we'll be heading up the mountain before we rest again?
    OOC: Ye can rest if you want. The inn would be a good place.

• Advertisement

Ekbard spies Moy. Howdy, I have your share of last quest. Ekbard hands over a pouch with 2978GP in it.

"Bandylegs, you're a little... taller. I near thought you an elf" I laugh.

"Have you learned anything of this temple we're to visit? Myself and Goodie met a dwarven friend of Duncan's. He passed on this amulet, for a cleric.

I am disturbed by his description of the temple, Nír knows what we may find there."

I show the amulet to the rest of the party.

Goodie goes to the stables and checks on Humility
    he retrieves his travelling gear and goes to the inn for a few beers beforw the morrows suicide mossion
    the inn keeper starts to annoy his about his age till he flasehes a gold coon between uisbfingers soo gast it makes the mans eyes hurt

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 52,008 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

"A cleric of Vergadain, my word!! Granny get yer arse in here"

An old female dwarf sporting a regal twenty foot beard enters. BandyLegs can tell it was an eye turning beard in her younger days.

"Look the new cleric of Vergadain"

The old woman rubs some old ruins against BandyLegs for good look, making sure not to look him in the eye for good look.

"I am not worthy to praise Vergadain, may ye do it in my name noble cleric."

She hobbles out.

"Thank ye, she's a good old bird. Anyway, what weapon will ye be wanting?"

Bandylegs peruses the weapons, running his hands along a huge battleaxe nearly twice the size of him.

'I'll be needing one o'these. Any particular one ye'd recommend? Also a backpack, a smaller hand axe, and 20 preserved rations if it please ye.'

Ekbard spies Moy. Howdy, I have your share of last quest. Ekbard hands over a pouch with 2978GP in it.

"Ah, my thanks Ekbard, I trust you had no trouble selling the gems?"

I pocket the gold.

"Must find myself a bank"

"Ah, my thanks Ekbard, I trust you had no trouble selling the gems?"

I pocket the gold.

"Must find myself a bank"

"theres a lovley bank beside the temple justvtell them the little boy with the bow sent you".

"I had some trouble but nothing i could not handle, i'll go to the bank with you"

"My thanks Goodie"

I'll toddle over to the bank, informing Ekbard of my charitable plans for any treasures and riches I accumulated, and desposit most of my gold. I keep 300gp on my person (will calculate later)

Ekbard deposits 3103gp in the name of Saeros the elf, 3103gp in the name of the cleric Othegre Enru. 2600gp in the name of the Nerosian Ekbard Ravenseye.
    He puts 2800GP in a seperate account of Ekbards labeled party fund.

Necrominus wrote: »
    Bandylegs peruses the weapons, running his hands along a huge battleaxe nearly twice the size of him.

'I'll be needing one o'these. Any particular one ye'd recommend? Also a backpack, a smaller hand axe, and 20 preserved rations if it please ye.'
    "The one you have is the best I have. Seeing as the Masters are sending ye on this quest and yer holy status. I cannot charge you anything."

OOC: Dwarven society holds you in too high a regard for you to be charged.

• Advertisement

Ekbard having finished up banking and feeling unburdend with party business and now want to spend some me time, He goes in search of a weapons shop.

"The one you have is the best I have. Seeing as the Masters are sending ye on this quest and yer holy status. I cannot charge you anything."

OOC: Dwarven society holds you in too high a regard for you to be charged.

Bandylegs bows his head.

'You do me an honour. Thankee sir and may Vergadain bless the ground you walk upon.

Bandylegs goes to leave but shakes his head. He takes 10GP from his 181GP Ekbard had given him.

'Here sir, I cannae take anything for free. Give it to the temple if you do not wish to keep it.'

He nods at Xanthea, gathers his items and they head for the inn together.

"Bandylegs, you're a little... taller. I near thought you an elf" I laugh.

"Have you learned anything of this temple we're to visit? Myself and Goodie met a dwarven friend of Duncan's. He passed on this amulet, for a cleric.

I am disturbed by his description of the temple, Nír knows what we may find there."

I show the amulet to the rest of the party.

Bandylegs divulges the information to the rest of the party he garnered from the temple.

He then turns to Moy.

'Thankee sir. I might also make ye aware the dwarven masters have deemed me worthy of makin' me a cleric like yersel, dedicated to Vergadain o'course. We haven' had any quarrel regardin' our differen' choice o'God yet, so I'd be hopin' it would continue.

I too am concerned, especially given this amulet. It is a foul place no doubt, but adventurers must be paid! What say ye to tryin' to close this place off fer good, as well as fillin' our pockets with a few coin as well?

Equal share fer all this time, no deals or bargainin'.'

Tigger wrote: »
    Goodie sprints over to Bandy, "oh Dwarf I'm so gld to see you got your legs back!" he hugs the cleric.

It's nice to see you as well X.

"why are we going up the mountain ?" he asks

Bandylegs smiles as the smaller Halfling hugs him.

'And it's great to be well. Blessings of Vergadain upon you.'

Bandylegs explains what he has learned regarding the temple on the mountain to Goodie, and his new calling.

Necrominus wrote: »
    Bandylegs divulges the information to the rest of the party he garnered from the temple.

He then turns to Moy.

'Thankee sir. I might also make ye aware the dwarven masters have deemed me worthy of makin' me a cleric like yersel, dedicated to Vergadain o'course. We haven' had any quarrel regardin' our differen' choice o'God yet, so I'd be hopin' it would continue.

I too am concerned, especially given this amulet. It is a foul place no doubt, but adventurers must be paid! What say ye to tryin' to close this place off fer good, as well as fillin' our pockets with a few coin as well?

Equal share fer all this time, no deals or bargainin'.'

"Nah bother there, I know every man follows his own beliefs. I didn't know dwarves could cast spells truth be told, have you always known?"

I want to cast Detect Evil on the amulet, just to be sure.

"Regardless, should we settle for a slug and a snooze for the night, I would appriciate a lie down after my time mining, Nír knows why dwarves are stout after that"

I make my way into an inn and book myself a small room.

"Nah bother there, I know every man follows his own beliefs. I didn't know dwarves could cast spells truth be told, have you always known?"

I want to cast Detect Evil on the amulet, just to be sure.

"Regardless, should we settle for a slug and a snooze for the night, I would appriciate a lie down after my time mining, Nír knows why dwarves are stout after that"

I make my way into an inn and book myself a small room.

'Aye lad, twould be foolish to attempt the mountain at this late hour, that's for sure. I'll join ye in the tavern. Not the room mind, Bandylegs sleeps alone :P

As for the magick abilities I knew nothing of dwarves being able to conjur such until the masters told me. A shock to the system for someone like meself, who had no love for magick or their users in particular.

But adapt I shall.'

Bandylegs wanders into the tavern.

'A round for the house, and the biggest vat of ale ye can get fer me. Bandylegs is thirsty!

Barkeep, a leg of mutton for the group and whatever they want to drink as well. Tis on me.'

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,631 ✭✭✭Mollyb60

Well, I have this.

He unfolds a stunningly crafted lockpick.

"I've been working on it for over a year. She's got an incredibly fine tip. 100GP"

OOC: +10% lockpicking

Elin inspects the lockpick carefully, "this is very fine workmanship, I'm glad I came this way good sir. Here's your 100GP with thanks. I feel the need for a fine ale to go with my new lockpick, can you recommend a boarding house with an imbibing emporium nearby?"

[OOC: assume Elin makes her way back to wherever the party are gathered for the night]

Saeros and Othegre arrive in Sanderjarn and are pointed toward the inn where their compatriots are. The rest are asleep when they arrive, so they will need to be informed in the morning.

Day 1:
    OOC: Everybody with spells give them to me.

The group awake in the tavern ready for the arduous task ahead.

• Advertisement

Day 1:
    OOC: Everybody with spells give them to me.

The group awake in the tavern ready for the arduous task ahead.

Breakfast
    Beer and bacon

Advertisement