Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

D&D Act One Scene IV - In the shadow of Sanderjarn

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,263 ✭✭✭robyntmorton

"I think we can do that. Come Ekbard, let us lead the way"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,705 ✭✭✭✭Tigger

Necrominus wrote: »
    Bandylegs examines the path ahead.

'I suppose we should decide on a formation fer our route.

Xanthea, Ekbard ye should take the front. Moy just behind. Elin and Goodie then and I'll guard our arses from danger.

What say ye to that plan?'

I should go ahead
    I’m basically invisible and I can shoot them from a very long distance
    All I ask for is someone with good sight a spotter to my sniper

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,404 ✭✭✭✭sKeith

Tigger wrote: »
    I should go ahead
    "Sure thing, but don't be afraid of falling back if anything gets too close."

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 52,008 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

Tigger wrote: »
    I should go ahead

Bandylegs pauses for a moment.

'If the others have no objections, that's fine by me laddie. Who amongst us is keenest of sight to help Goodie?'

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,705 ✭✭✭✭Tigger

Necrominus wrote: »
    Bandylegs pauses for a moment.

'If the others have no objections, that's fine by me laddie. Who amongst us is keenest of sight to help Goodie?'

At night it’s you

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,558 ✭✭✭✭Fourier

OOC: To help with the in character discussion, both you and Saeros would be joint. Ye both have heat vision and can notice subtle details from a far, although different types of details. In this particular scenario, it would be you.

OOC: Thanks Fourier, I thought it would be me but just wanted to check.

'I guess that'd be me, lad. In that case, I'll take front with Ekbard. Xanthea do ye mind guardin' the rear so I can spot fer Goodie?'

"No problem, Bandy. Though, if the talk of how bad it is on the path up there is true, we really should get going as soon as possible."

When Bandylegs get up to the front beside him, Ekbard asks him if his god, Vergadain, is clever, and if he could question him, what would he want to know.

'Aye. Let us proceed then. I'll go a little ahead of the main party so I can spot the area fer our sniper. Whene'er ye're ready Goodie we can go.'

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,637 ✭✭✭✭OldGoat

Saeros rises early with the sun and unbars his door and window after spending a few hours eating cleaning resting and studying. Magic missile served him well so he restudies it.

OOC: From memory lvl 2 magic user gets 2 lvl 1 spells. Going with MagicMissile twice. Also, I'll divy up my collected spoils among the gang at the earliest.

I spend some time re-equipping, only getting standard equipment as the dwarves don't hand out bargains to elfs (bastards). I fit the equipment to AlanTracy.

I see the warrior princess heading out and I make my way over to her. "Don't go yet, I have need of the cleric Moy. Something...strange has happened to Othgerere and I think a cleric could help.

I look at Bandylegs.
    You seem taller dwarf. There is news here too I warrant.

I'm older than Minecraft goats.

sKeith wrote: »
    When Bandylegs get up to the front beside him, Ekbard asks him if his god, Vergadain is clever, and if he could question him, what would he want to know.

'Vergadain? Clever? He be the God of Luck and Wealth lad! Ye don't become a god of such things without intelligence.

I wouldnae dare to question Vergadain's wishes lad, to even be in his presence fills me with hope fer our travels ahead. Why ye ask?'

Ekbard explains to Bandylegs the blank stone he has been given by the master dwarf.

ooc: "Only once, you may ask it a question and Vergadain himself will inscribe the answer, so long as it does not interfere with the plans of a god of equal rank. Have BandyLegs close to hand, as the answer will appear in our tongue"

OldGoat wrote: »
    I see the warrior princess heading out and I make my way over to her. "Don't go yet, I have need of the cleric Moy. Something...strange has happened to Othgerere and I think a cleric could help.

"Very well Saeros. I don't want to venture up the mountain short handed, yet I don't wish to tarry here longer than is really necessary. Though for someone to say something strange has happened to Othegre, things must be extreme. She has always been strange."

Bandylegs stares in shock at Saeros.

'Elf? How in Dumathoin's beard did ye get here? I feared the worse I mus' say.'

Bandylegs forgets himself for a moment and moves to hug the elf, then remembers himself and shuffles awkwardly towards him and punches his arm. He explains what happened to him, what he has now become and where they are going currently.

sKeith wrote: »
    Ekbard expalins the blank stone he has been given by the master dwarf.

ooc: "Only once, you may ask it a question and Vergadain himself will inscribe the answer, so long as it does not interfere with the plans of a god of equal rank. Have BandyLegs close to hand, as the answer will appear in our tongue"

Bandylegs thinks about this for a few moments.

'I wonder why he left it in yer hands. Ne'er mind. I suspect it mayhap somethin' to do with the tomb at the mountain top. When ye think of yer question, keep me nearby and I'll tell ye what ye want to know.'

Opening up Othegre's room the group find the floorboards wrenched open and her sleeping within.

Bandylegs spies Othegre sleeping within the floor.

'What in blazes? What's happenin' Saeros?'

"Okay. Now I understand what you mean by strange, Saeros. Though really she left strange behind two cities over. this is WAY BEYOND STRANGE. I don't remember her being that pale anyway."

Saeros rapidly exchanges news with the gang - after grabbing the dwarf in a heartfelt hug. "Ahhh Rustylegs, I'm happy to hear you still live. If anyone were to kill you I would be sad that the opportunity was stolen from me.

If it is as I fear that Othgerere is unable to travail by day then I shall stay here and come with her by night to find you."

• Advertisement

Bandylegs eyes Othegre suspiciously.

'Ye know, I have 12 spikes in me saddlebag that'd solve her problem...

Blasted slime god. I'd love another round with him and me axe. See how clever he is then!'

"we can put her in my cart with blankets over her during the day"

"Are you sure you can handle this Saeros? I am not sure anyone should be alone with her at the moment. Keep the room warm. Get Moy. Do what has to be done"

OOC: And have the chef prepare pasta sauce, just like mamma used to make. Extra garlic

I have a plan that I hope will keep me safe, as well as garlic. I intend to ask the local guards of any known bandits in the area and I'm going to lead the Vamp to them. When she has fed we shall follow ye up the hill. I have rapid transport.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭Digital Solitude

"Shes a vampire is she?"

I gingerly walk over, weapon at the ready, focus in my offhand.

Looking at her pale skin I can see why it's suspected, I try to remember all I can about the beasts, and seperate the myth from the truth.

OOC: What do I know about vampires and how to handle them?

OOC: Everything, all Clerics function as vampire hunters (originally that's what the class was going to be). Standard folk weaknesses are true, except religious iconography does little, unless very potent.

Othegre leaps up out of the floorboards onto the roof, eyes blood red and roars at the party.

She dives at Ekbard.

OOC: Saving throw suceeds, so you stopped her with out harming her, up to you how.

"Othegre, have you any last will & testament?"

Xanthea draws her two handed sword. Obviously this is going to have to be done the noisy, destructive way.

"Oh goody. I've been wanting to do this for a long time"

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭Digital Solitude

OOC: So are they standard fantasy vampires, can't go out in sunlight or weaker during the day, steak to the heart and garlic?

Can they control their feeding habits, have they memories of pre-death and do they suffer from morality?

Advertisement