Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lga 1155 socket motherboard

Options
  • 08-12-2017 1:22pm
    Registered Users Posts: 13

Does anyone have one for sale or know where I can get one in Ireland. So hard to find them used in decent condition.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

Ebay is the best bet for reasonable prices. Also, a lot of the dell optiplex boards from the full sized towers are just standard ATX and will work in any system (the front panel wiring is a pain but will work through hit and miss as the Dell cases have a single block connector).

If you a decent board rather than a basic one, Adverts should have a few also.

• Registered Users Posts: 13 Jamesyb1989

Only the 1155 will work with my i7 2600k. EBay has a few but all mainly China and usa. And I need it urgently enough that's why im looking in Ireland or UK.

Board I have atm is asrock b75 pro3 m.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

Only the 1155 will work with my i7 2600k. EBay has a few but all mainly China and usa. And I need it urgently enough that's why im looking in Ireland or UK.

Yes, there are loads of S1155 boards on Ebay that will work. Some of the OEM boards will only work with those systems but a lot of the Dell optiplex full sized matx/atx boards are standard S1155 and will work in any system.

I've used loads of them before, think I paid about €35 a piece for about 10 of them. All used in standard cases.

EG this should be OK, it's a little longer than a standard board but will fit most cases fine.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,495 ✭✭✭Lu Tze

Board I have atm is asrock b75 pro3 m.

What's wrong with the board by the way?

• Advertisement

Pc wouldn't start. Power light would flash once the odd time but most times nothing. I replaced the psu and still nothing.

Pc wouldn't start. Power light would flash once the odd time but most times nothing. I replaced the psu and still nothing.

Fair enough, I have the exact same board so was just wondering if there was something to look out for!

Do ya wanna sell it 😂😂
    Ah no. It went dead completely randomly. I reset the cmos via the pins. Changed cmos battery etc so board definitely dead. Pity. Last a long time. Just stuck without a board now and can't wait for overseas shipping

Do ya wanna sell it 😂😂
    Ah no. It went dead completely randomly. I reset the cmos via the pins. Changed cmos battery etc so board definitely dead. Pity. Last a long time. Just stuck without a board now and can't wait for overseas shipping

Not really no! I would be in the same situation as you then, with all the associated problems with likely a different board model, reinstalling etc! So if I was to sell it the price would be too high to account for that!

I do have spare 1155 machine, but again not worth selling just the board, and being left with everything else and a non functioning computer.

Keep an eye on adverts, setup an alert for 1155

What price ya looking at for the machine 😂

On another note
    If I was to buy a new cpu and mobo, how do i know if it will run with the other parts I already have. Is it just the cpu and motherboard that need to be compatible with each other or is their other factors.

• Advertisement

The specs are:

Processor

Intel Core i7 2600K Unlocked S1155 Sandy Bridge, Quad, 3.4GHz, HD3000 Integrated Graphics + Intel Reference S1156 Aluminum/Copper Base Heat Sink Fan

Motherboard

ASRock B75 Pro3-M, 7.1 CH HD Audio with Content Protection, ASRock XFast RAM, XFast LAN, XFast USB, Internet Flash, On/Off Play, Dehumidifier, UEFI System Browser

Memory

16GB DDR3 1333Mhz

Storage

2000GB SATA II Hard Drive, 7200 RPM

Graphics

NVIDIA GeForce GTX650 1GB graphics card

Power

750w ATX Power Supply,

Case

Vantage Midi ATX PC Gaming Tower Computer Case, 3 x built-in 120mm Blue LED Fans

REAR PORTS

1 x PS/2 Keyboard
    4 x USB 2.0 Ports
    2 x USB 3.0 Ports
    1 x HDMI Connector
    1 x DVI -D Connector
    1 x D-SUB Connector
    1 x RJ-45 Port
    1 X OPTICAL SPDIF OUT PORT
    HD AUDIO JACK REAR SPEAKER / CENTRAL / BASS / LINE-IN / FRONT SPEAKER / MICROPHONE

TOP FRONT PORTS

2 x USB 2.0 Ports
    1 x Microphone Port
    1 x Speaker Port

What price ya looking at for the machine 😂

On another note
    If I was to buy a new cpu and mobo, how do i know if it will run with the other parts I already have. Is it just the cpu and motherboard that need to be compatible with each other or is their other factors.
    So long as it is a socket 1155 motherboard it should be compatible with all your existing hardware. Unfortunately you will likely need to reinstall windows as the motherboard will likely require different drivers to your previous motherboard.

Yes but if I bought a new cpu too and upgraded both cpu and mobo. A newer one because 1155 are proving hard get. Could I just buy a newer mobo and cpu and install it

Yes but if I bought a new cpu too and upgraded both cpu and mobo. A newer one because 1155 are proving hard get. Could I just buy a newer mobo and cpu and install it

Yeah as you would have to reinstall windows anyway you could upgrade to a new Intel/ AMD motherboard and CPU, but you would also need to replace the ram, as they are DDR4, and your existing ram is Ddr3 and not compatible. Ram
    prices are expensive at the moment as well

****e yeah I forgot about the ram. Ah I dunno what to do. Leave it dead it's looking like.
    Cheers for your help anyways

Advertisement