Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Customs & TPD

• 08-12-2017 2:53pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 160 ✭✭

I ordered 8 x 60ml bottles of 15mg E liquid from Vermillion River who are in the US.
    This is my second time ordering from there since the TPD came into effect.

This time the package was intercepted and opened by customs.
    I received an email from customs asking to supply an invoice, which I did.
    Two days later an post left an attempted delivery note with a VAT and Excise bill for €52.
    So I went along to the Post Office paid my duty and off I went with my illegal quantities of e liquid.
    I guess that customs are more concerned with money than enforcing EU legislation, which is just as well for me as I dont really vape any other liquid and they dont have a EU supplier afaik.

What has other vapers experience been when importing non-TPD compliment liquids and hardware?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 413 ✭✭IRISH OS1R1S

Haven't had any issue either when importing nicotine or 2ml+ tanks. A couple of things were sent to customs and released. Maybe they are not educated on the subject enough, or they turn a blind eye.

Happy days regardless.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,984 ✭✭✭Venom

Only had one package snagged by customs so far. Got the letter looking for the receipt so emailed it to them and they released my tank and as it was under €23 no extra monies did they get :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,042 ✭✭✭youcancallmeal

Haven't had any issue either when importing nicotine or 2ml+ tanks. A couple of things were sent to customs and released. Maybe they are not educated on the subject enough, or they turn a blind eye.

Happy days regardless.

Yeah seems like they don't really know about tpd and are only interested in the value of the goods. I've looked into ordering e-liquids from the US myself but can't find any sites that offer reasonable shipping to Ireland. In particular I'm looking to get some ANML eliquid like looper and fury, any suggestions?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 413 ✭✭IRISH OS1R1S

I make my own juices so I wouldn't know where to order ready made juice, but I hear the Darkstar website mentioned here a lot.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,555 ✭✭✭youdipstick

Yeah seems like they don't really know about tpd and are only interested in the value of the goods. I've looked into ordering e-liquids from the US myself but can't find any sites that offer reasonable shipping to Ireland. In particular I'm looking to get some ANML eliquid like looper and fury, any suggestions?

Have you thought about using AnPost AddressPal,they have an American address now...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,185 ✭✭✭Dr Bill V1.5

Jo Satan wrote:
    This time the package was intercepted and opened by customs. I received an email from customs asking to supply an invoice, which I did. Two days later an post left an attempted delivery note with a VAT and Excise bill for €52. So I went along to the Post Office paid my duty and off I went with my illegal quantities of e liquid. I guess that customs are more concerned with money than enforcing EU legislation, which is just as well for me as I dont really vape any other liquid and they dont have a EU supplier afaik.

Customs aren't responsible for enforcement of the TPD here YET. That responsibility lies with the HSE thankfully. :) Customs will still charge vat on goods purchased outside of the EU regardless of the contents and whether they are within the TPD or not.

Advertisement