Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

215 Saturday early bus - reliable?

Options
  • 08-12-2017 3:32pm
    Registered Users Posts: 448 ✭✭

I have to get out to Mahon Point early tomorrow and was wondering of the 06:35am 215 from Grand Parade is likely to be running?

Does anyone here get this regularly?

I ask as I have found that the extreme times on the schedules actually do not run (e.g the latest 11:40pm 207 from Patrick Street which is still listed on the timetable available on the BE site).

Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,800 ✭✭✭CHealy

I would always say as a rule of thumb when depending on public transport in this country, make sure you have a solid plan b.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,029 ✭✭✭SusieBlue

Gamayun wrote: »
    I have to get out to Mahon Point early tomorrow and was wondering of the 06:35am 215 from Grand Parade is likely to be running?

Does anyone here get this regularly?

I ask as I have found that the extreme times on the schedules actually do not run (e.g the latest 11:40pm 207 from Patrick Street which is still listed on the timetable available on the BE site).

Thanks in advance.

At that hour of the morning you should be grand. Anything after 7:30am is very hit and miss, almost always extremely late if they turn up at all.

A better option is the 202, which leaves from the riverside of Merchants Quay and stops right outside the door of MP.
    Unlike the 215, the 202 goes every 10 minutes so even if one is late/doesn't turn up, there will be another one in 10mins. The 215 is only every half hour.

I work in the MP area and get the 202 every day and for the most part its great, its only dodgy territory after 7:30am but at least there's another one in 10 mins if one doesn't show up.

• Registered Users Posts: 448 ✭✭Gamayun

WhiteRoses wrote: »
    At that hour of the morning you should be grand. Anything after 7:30am is very hit and miss, almost always extremely late if they turn up at all.

A better option is the 202, which leaves from the riverside of Merchants Quay and stops right outside the door of MP.
    Unlike the 215, the 202 goes every 10 minutes so even if one is late/doesn't turn up, there will be another one in 10mins. The 215 is only every half hour.

I work in the MP area and get the 202 every day and for the most part its great, its only dodgy territory after 7:30am but at least there's another one in 10 mins if one doesn't show up.

Great shout on the 202, I wasn't aware of that. Thanks.

It looks better than the 215 for the return journey too, especially Saturdays when there's no 215A running. Also the 215\A stop by Johnson and Perrott is awful, exposed and right next to heavy traffic.

Advertisement