Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

HMV.ie Serious Issues

Options
  • 08-12-2017 3:48pm
    Registered Users Posts: 45

Hi there,

Just wondering if anyone has any advice. So I orderes an item 3 weeks ago from HMV's Irish website and money was pre-authorized from my prepaid card, but the order remains as 'being proccessed'.

So the serious issue, HMV customer service does not exist anymore. Email is completely unresponsive and phone is a full answering machine.

For a reputable company, this is crazy. I feel robbed. HMV uk will not help although I think they are the same company? (Not 100%)

Do I just write it off? It was 60 euro order. There FB actively posts new releases etc but ignore comments.

Very strange situation

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,512 ✭✭✭Wheety

Is the money still just held or were you charged?

• Registered Users Posts: 45 whitneytfc

Wheety wrote: »
    Is the money still just held or were you charged?

Hi Wheety, thabks for the reply!

It is a pre-auth. Issue is that it is a pre loaded master card I got as a gift and not linked to a bank account.

Who is the card issued by? I don't mean Visa or Mastercard. Is it a One4All etc.? Have you tired contacting them?

• Registered Users Posts: 45 whitneytfc

Wheety wrote: »
    Who is the card issued by? I don't mean Visa or Mastercard. Is it a One4All etc.? Have you tired contacting them?

It is a company called perfect card. Good idea. I will contact them to see if they can do anything. They are an Irish based company so should be okay.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,795 ✭✭✭sweetie

Try hmv uk

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 19,123 Mod ✭✭✭✭byte
    byte

sweetie wrote: »
    Try hmv uk
    According to the OP, they already did.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,298 ✭✭✭Snotty

Doesn't a pre-auth only last for a certain time limit, I know terminal pre-auth in a place I worked years ago last 2 weeks max, maybe yours is expired and you could use the card elsewhere now. Have you tried?

Snotty wrote: »
    Doesn't a pre-auth only last for a certain time limit, I know terminal pre-auth in a place I worked years ago last 2 weeks max, maybe yours is expired and you could use the card elsewhere now. Have you tried?

It sounds like HMV haven't cancelled the order. It's still 'processing' so I'm not sure how long they can hold the pre-auth in this situation.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 ems123

Not sure i can add too much here but i was in the same situation.

After a little research it seems hmv ireland are a seperate entity to hmv uk. After numerous attempts at contacting the company in every way possible besides smoke signals, i contacted my bank and had a short discussion with them and they were able to help me out.

The thing is i initially only wanted to make a minor change to my order details...i wouldnt have known of the issues otherwise.

Ive never had any issue like this before with any website and i should have searched trustpilot but i thought hmv were a fairly reputable company.

The website page is excellent but the lesson has been learned...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,104 ✭✭✭jenn1984

Having the same issue - when I started seeing so many negative reviews on fb, I tried contacting HMV about an order I placed last week (€17- not horrendous but it's still my money). No email response and their phone number goes through to a voicemail that is full. Agree with checking trustpilot, I'm kicking myself. Is this legal? As my order is still processing with the Visa Debit I used, my bank can't do a chargeback yet.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,880 ✭✭✭johndoe99

• Registered Users Posts: 1,988 ✭✭✭tripperman

Hi there,
    I'm wondering did anyone receive there orders from hmv, I ordered from them in December, I know one item wasn't released till the 19th of December, I got the dispatch email on the 19th, but as of yet received nothing,

I wish I had checked online for problems before the 19th and cancelled my order now, anyone got any advice, I tried that phone number to no avail

• Registered Users Posts: 1,880 ✭✭✭johndoe99

tripperman wrote: »
    Hi there,
    I'm wondering did anyone receive there orders from hmv, I ordered from them in December, I know one item wasn't released till the 19th of December, I got the dispatch email on the 19th, but as of yet received nothing,

I wish I had checked online for problems before the 19th and cancelled my order now, anyone got any advice, I tried that phone number to no avail

just looking at there facebook page and your not the only one still having issues.

You should contact the sun:

https://www.thesun.ie/contact-us/

and let them know of the ongoing issues. Nothing gets the ball rolling like bad publicity.

• Registered Users Posts: 194 ✭✭happyfriday74

bumping this. looks like dozens of people are in the same boat.

My order from before xmas hasnt arrived and the money has been taken from me with no goods delivered. The infuriating thing is the facebook has been inactive for months and is now back posting fluff on the page. A lot of people have been leaving angry comments on the pages comments and these appear to be getting deleted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,596 ✭✭✭threein99

I ordered a DVD on December 8th and it arrived last week. It had a Swedish post mark on it

• Registered Users Posts: 919 ✭✭✭Danjamin1

My wife had the same issue before Christmas, ordered a CD off them which said 5-10 working days delivery. When it didn't arrive in that timeframe she contacted them. She got through to them once by e-mail and never heard another word despite following up with them to the same e-mail address repeatedly. The CD eventually arrived but it was about a month later. They're a complete sham, there's no way o get through to a customer care line, they don't respond on social media and HMV UK have completely washed their hands of them, just pawn it off as not their problem.

If it's possible to cancel a pending payment on your end I would advise it, otherwise it's a case of hoping the order comes eventually.

The handful of people who got through to customer service say HMV are blaming the post. I've ordered a lot of stuff of amazon, homestore and other providers of late and none of them seem to have the same problem with delivery.

Swedish postmark is interesting, my email said An post was the messenger who are normally very good.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,988 ✭✭✭tripperman

Got most of my money back of hmv not all as my order was split into two parts, kept filling there help forms one day I got an email back giving me more options that went nowhere, so I replied telling then there customer service was awful and that I was going to order off Amazon and get them to bill them, next day I got s reply telling me I was refunded in full on that part of the order, they blamed an post for the problems and that my order could still be delivered,

Ordered off Amazon on Friday evening and have it delivered already this morning so I've learned my lessons not to deal with hmv

I got refunded in full after blowing up with them loads of times. They continued to blame everything on Post.

About a week after I got the refund my order arrived with a German(Bavaria) post office tag on it so nothing to do with An post.

Very very fishy.

Advertisement