Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

EIR suppport

Options
  • 08-12-2017 3:56pm
    Registered Users Posts: 124 ✭✭

I had an absolute nightmare dealing with EIR today and I thought I'd share it with anyone considering switching their service over to EIR mobile.

I'm eligible for an upgrade so I was shopping around a little. If I stay with EIR, the options nearest what I'm willing to spend is €45 per month and €500 up front for an iPhone 8 plus. ID are doing a similar deal on the same phone for €42:50 per month and €400 up front. So I was looking to speak to a Sales representative to see if my 6 years of loyalty would grant me a preferential rate or deal.

I first phoned 1905 and went through the various channels until I was sent a text message inviting me to go to www.eir.ie/chatnow

I hung up and went on to the url above. I entered into a chat window and 'Nithya' asked me how she could help me today. I explained my situation and what I was looking to speak to a sale person about. "Representative Nithya has left the session" brought about a swift end to that query!

I then called 1800 77 37 29, the main sales line. I spoke to someone and they said they'd transfer me to another Dept to deal with my query. I got transferred through to someone called 'Tom' in accounts. How was short, unfriendly and unhelpful. He took my mobile number but once he realised I did not have an outstanding balance on my account, that I'd been transferred to the wrong person (apparently), he grew frustrated at me apparently, and not his colleague who had incorrectly transferred my upgrade query through to him.
    At this point I just hung up.

And so ends my 6 year stint with Meteor/EIR. Absolutely shocking level of support. I wanted to upgrade and hand over a lump sum and 24 monthly amounts but alas no, it's not meant to be.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,136 ✭✭✭eir: Tracey

I had an absolute nightmare dealing with EIR today and I thought I'd share it with anyone considering switching their service over to EIR mobile.

I'm eligible for an upgrade so I was shopping around a little. If I stay with EIR, the options nearest what I'm willing to spend is €45 per month and €500 up front for an iPhone 8 plus. ID are doing a similar deal on the same phone for €42:50 per month and €400 up front. So I was looking to speak to a Sales representative to see if my 6 years of loyalty would grant me a preferential rate or deal.

I first phoned 1905 and went through the various channels until I was sent a text message inviting me to go to www.eir.ie/chatnow

I hung up and went on to the url above. I entered into a chat window and 'Nithya' asked me how she could help me today. I explained my situation and what I was looking to speak to a sale person about. "Representative Nithya has left the session" brought about a swift end to that query!

I then called 1800 77 37 29, the main sales line. I spoke to someone and they said they'd transfer me to another Dept to deal with my query. I got transferred through to someone called 'Tom' in accounts. How was short, unfriendly and unhelpful. He took my mobile number but once he realised I did not have an outstanding balance on my account, that I'd been transferred to the wrong person (apparently), he grew frustrated at me apparently, and not his colleague who had incorrectly transferred my upgrade query through to him.
    At this point I just hung up.

And so ends my 6 year stint with Meteor/EIR. Absolutely shocking level of support. I wanted to upgrade and hand over a lump sum and 24 monthly amounts but alas no, it's not meant to be.
    Hi OldPeculier, 

Thanks for getting in contact with us. 

I'm very sorry to hear about the issues you are having with ourselves, I understand this is frustrating. 

Feel free to PM me your mobile, PIN, full name on the account and I'll have a look into this for you. 

Thanks 

Tracey 

Advertisement