Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Very disappointed loyal Eir customer!

Options
  • 08-12-2017 3:58pm
    Registered Users Posts: 148 ✭✭

Hi, renewed my contract end of August last. Unlimited up to 100Mb fibre, unlimited landline and mobile calls to Ireland and U.K. for 57.50 per month. That was the best you could do I was told. Now same bundle works out at 37.50 per month and with 50euro cashback works out at 35.50 per month! And that's for new customers! So much for loyalty! So it seems it pays to keep switching.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,136 ✭✭✭eir: Tracey

Hi, renewed my contract end of August last. Unlimited up to 100Mb fibre, unlimited landline and mobile calls to Ireland and U.K. for 57.50 per month. That was the best you could do I was told. Now same bundle works out at 37.50 per month and with 50euro cashback works out at 35.50 per month! And that's for new customers! So much for loyalty! So it seems it pays to keep switching.
    Hi tommyamnesia, 

Thanks for getting in touch with us here. 

There would be promotions and discounts on at different times for all our customers. The loyalty team on 1901 will be able to advise you if there are any promotions or discounts available to you as an existing customer at the moment.  

Thanks 

Tracey 

• Registered Users Posts: 148 ✭✭tommyamnesia

Hi tommyamnesia, 

There would be promotions and discounts on at different times for all our customers. The loyalty team on 1901 will be able to advise you if there are any promotions or discounts available to you as an existing customer at the moment.  

Thanks 

Tracey 
    Hi Tracey, just been on to loyalty and told 'sorry, can't do anything for you, that's for new customers only' She suggested I could cancel and  rejoin as a new customer! Can you believe that, forgetting to tell me that I would have to pay for 9 months remaining on my contract? I really am disgusted now. Loyalty! What loyalty?  

• Registered Users Posts: 354 ✭✭rachaelf750

When I called the other day they gave me a discount €76-€36=€40pm on a 12 month contract.
    I'm with eir 9years now.
    Mabey you could try again.

When I called the other day they gave me a discount €76-€36=€40pm on a 12 month contract.
    I'm with eir 9years now.
    Mabey you could try again.
    Can't really understand your post. Is that 76e -36e =40e per month. Were you already in a contract? What bundle do you have? Thanks for reply, I certainly will be back to them.

• Registered Users Posts: 354 ✭✭rachaelf750

Can't really understand your post. Is that 76e -36e =40e per month. Were you already in a contract? What bundle do you have? Thanks for reply, I certainly will be back to them.

I was out of a 18mth contract, unlimited (1TB) 100 peak mobile calls, free offpeak landline calls.
    Yes,€40 p/m

• Advertisement

Hi tommyamnesia, 

Thanks 

Tracey 
    Hi Tracey, just been on to loyalty and told 'sorry, can't do anything for you, that's for new customers only' She suggested I could cancel and  rejoin as a new customer! Can you believe that, forgetting to tell me that I would have to pay for 9 months remaining on my contract? I really am disgusted now. Loyalty! What loyalty?  
    I'm sorry to hear this tommyamnesia. 

I'm afraid the loyalty team may not always have a discount or promotion to offer you. There would be different promo's for new customers also.

Apologies for the agent advising you incorrectly on this and I'm sorry it's not better news.  

Thanks

Tracey 

Hi tommyamnesia, 

Thanks 

Tracey 

I'm afraid the loyalty team may not always have a discount or promotion to offer you. There would be different promo's for new customers also.

Apologies for the agent advising you incorrectly on this and I'm sorry it's not better news.  

Thanks

Tracey 
    I wouldn't mind too much if the difference was 7 0r 8 euro but 22euro?? Not acceptable. I hope Eir inform me my subscription is going to be increased so I can get out out of my contract and say goodbye to Eir after being a loyal customer for decades. Thanks.

Hi tommyamnesia, 

Thanks 

Tracey 

Thanks

Tracey 
    I wouldn't mind too much if the difference was 7 0r 8 euro but 22euro?? Not acceptable. I hope Eir inform me my subscription is going to be increased so I can get out out of my contract and say goodbye to Eir after being a loyal customer for decades. Thanks.
    I understand your frustration here. I'm sorry it's not better news. 

Thanks 

Tracey 

Hi tommyamnesia, 

Thanks 

Tracey 

Thanks

Tracey 

Thanks 

Tracey 
    Not your fault Tracey but maybe you could pass on my posts to Loyalty.

Hi tommyamnesia, 

Thanks 

Tracey 

Thanks

Tracey 

Thanks 

Tracey 
    No problem, I'll be sure to pass your feedback on. 

Thanks 

Tracey 

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 172 ✭✭Shuttle666

Hi tommyamnesia, 

Thanks 

Tracey 

Thanks

Tracey 

Thanks 

Tracey 

Thanks 

Tracey 
    The Loyalty team should be done under Trade Descriptions - their modus operandi is to force you to stay, furstrate any attempts to switch/change and have no concept of earning our loyalty. 

Shuttle666 wrote: »
    Hi tommyamnesia, 

Thanks 

Tracey 

Thanks

Tracey 

Thanks 

Tracey 

Thanks 

Tracey 
    The Loyalty team should be done under Trade Descriptions - their modus operandi is to force you to stay, furstrate any attempts to switch/change and have no concept of earning our loyalty. 
    Couldn't agree more.

Advertisement