Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nangor Road / Adamstown Rd / Baldonnel Rd

• 08-12-2017 4:05pm
    Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 40,037 Mod ✭✭✭✭

(wasn't sure to put this here or in Roads)

Does anyone know if they are commencing the realignment of the Nangor Road (R134) near the Adamstown Rd (R120) and Baldonnel Rd as per drawing 2 here?

There appears to be some initial construction activity around there (more in the Grange Castle side.

I can't see anything on the SDCC site about it though.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 141 ✭✭coward

It and the realignment of Adamstown Road as far as the canal bridge get mentioned in local political notices from time to time. Seems like ages ago since I first read about the projects. Just had a check of the Lucan Newsletter online - I'm not sure if the snippet I see below is recent news - the date at the top of the page is - so maybe..
    12th Lock to Nangor Road works: On Friday I launched this major road upgrade which will commence construction after Christmas and last for 15 months. There will be a temporary “baby” bridge in place to ensure flow but there will still be some traffic disruption, especially during peak hours.

Hopefully that's Christmas 2017..

• Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 40,037 Mod ✭✭✭✭Seth Brundle

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 65,611 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

That straightening of the Nangor Road at its end towards the Adamstown Road has been on the cards for at least a decade alright. Can't see much of a benefit in it myself tbh. What's far more important is to upgrade the R120 from a single lane :rolleyes: (at the canal bridge) to a proper dual lane. It's almost 2018. This is a major regional road right beside our capital city. Why on earth did politicians think it was a great idea to quadruple public servants salaries when the tax money was coming in while leaving our national infrastructure at 1930s levels?

I contacted the council regarding the project details being placed on their website...
    I'm trying to get details on the upgrade to the Nangor Rd and Adamstown Rd. The page listed on sdcc.ie contains old information (and plans appear to be different to what is currently being undertaken) and does not cover the Nangor Rd works.
    Their response...
    The Council's website is currently being updated to include Nangor Road and to update the current situation with regards both it and Adamstown Road. It is confirmed that both roads are being constructed in accordance with their Part 8 Approval.

Re-reading my query, it possibly comes across as accusatory which was not my intention.
    Anyhow, they're flying through this project which is great to see - at this rate the road will be near completed before the details are made available online

I'm also curious to see if there is any plan to resolve the chronic traffic issues at the SuperQuinn/SuperValu roundabout. If there's not then this road upgrade project is of limited value.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 5,111 Mod ✭✭✭✭spacetweek

There was a plan many moons ago to build a link from the Supervalu carpark around the back and south to Tandy's Lane, arriving at where they're building the new Somerton development. Here.

That would improve things somewhat for the congestion at the roundabout.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 65,611 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

kbannon wrote: »
    if there is any plan to resolve the chronic traffic issues at the SuperQuinn/SuperValu roundabout.

Do you remember what it was like when the N4 / R120 crossing was traffic lights? Now that was a chronic traffic issue :D

And there was a crossing at the N4 / M50? And toll booths where you had to stop on the M50? :eek:

But I know, I know, the roundabout has become a right pain again in the last few years :(

Although the council don't seem to have updated their website with anything substantial, the original tender is available here...
    https://irl.eu-supply.com/app/rfq/publicpurchase.asp?PID=95854&HL=0&PS=1&PP=

The overall road plan is the first link on the page...
    https://irl.eu-supply.com/app/rfq/publicpurchase_docs.asp?PID=95854&LID=101194

The road construction is flying - hopefully open for the summer!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,912 ✭✭✭Washout

kbannon wrote: »
    Although the council don't seem to have updated their website with anything substantial, the original tender is available here...
    https://irl.eu-supply.com/app/rfq/publicpurchase.asp?PID=95854&HL=0&PS=1&PP=

The overall road plan is the first link on the page...
    https://irl.eu-supply.com/app/rfq/publicpurchase_docs.asp?PID=95854&LID=101194

The road construction is flying - hopefully open for the summer!

will it not add more pressure to the supervalu end?

Advertisement