Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eir Gouging me for hunderds after 17 years with them because I am moving house.

Options
  • 08-12-2017 5:13pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 128 ✭✭

Rang to cancel my account as we are moving house and cannot bring the Eir package with us as it will be a few months before the new house sale closes..

17 years with the Eir and they are trying to charge me 240 euro to cancel . Trying to tell me I am still in contract because I added international calls to my Eir package in April,  which I never agreed to. 

A complete joke. Worse again was the agent and her supervisor who enter robot mode when speaking, trying to say I agreed to a new contract and they cannot do anything and this is the policy etc . Furthermore I never entered into a contract with them.  Not surprisingly the person I supposedly entered into a contract with is no longer with Eir. Nor could they provide a transcript of this call, despite " All calls being recorded "

Very poor customer service from Eir "Loyalty Team" ,after 17 years with the company.  I imagine I have been with Eir longer than anyone of their "Loyalty Team" .They will not cancel the phone in the house until they get their money.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,136 ✭✭✭eir: Tracey

damianch wrote: »
    Rang to cancel my account as we are moving house and cannot bring the Eir package with us as it will be a few months before the new house sale closes..

17 years with the Eir and they are trying to charge me 240 euro to cancel . Trying to tell me I am still in contract because I added international calls to my Eir package in April,  which I never agreed to. 

A complete joke. Worse again was the agent and her supervisor who enter robot mode when speaking, trying to say I agreed to a new contract and they cannot do anything and this is the policy etc . Furthermore I never entered into a contract with them.  Not surprisingly the person I supposedly entered into a contract with is no longer with Eir. Nor could they provide a transcript of this call, despite " All calls being recorded "

Very poor customer service from Eir "Loyalty Team" ,after 17 years with the company.  I imagine I have been with Eir longer than anyone of their "Loyalty Team" .They will not cancel the phone in the house until they get their money.
    Hi damianch, 

Thanks for getting in touch with us. 

I'm really sorry to hear this, feel free to PM me your account details, name on the account and I'll look into this for you. 

Thanks 

Tracey 

• Closed Accounts Posts: 128 ✭✭damianch

Hi damianch, 

I'm really sorry to hear this, feel free to PM me your account details, name on the account and I'll look into this for you. 

Thanks 

Tracey 
    Pm'd 10 days ago, still no reply

Also asked Eir as a last resort to move my account to new address and no one got back.

Yet still looking for 3 months extra and won't even move my service to new house even after compromising.

Seems Eir just want their 3 months extra and don't want to move service . Call the 01-7992963 number about 10 times, and was given an automated reply that I would be called back.... Guess what? Never happened!

I think I have done enough at this stage. 

Been with Eir 17 years at current address, added international calls, Eir trying to say I am a new customer as a result and in a new contract. Try to take them up on offer of moving service to temporary accommodation, and when I agree they won't do that.... 

Clearly just want cancellation fee 

• Registered Users Posts: 5,566 ✭✭✭bennyl10

Also asked Eir as a last resort to move my account to new address and no one got back.

Yet still looking for 3 months extra and won't even move my service to new house even after compromising.

Seems Eir just want their 3 months extra and don't want to move service . Call the 01-7992963 number about 10 times, and was given an automated reply that I would be called back.... Guess what? Never happened!

Been with Eir 17 years at current address, added international calls, Eir trying to say I am a new customer as a result and in a new contract. Try to take them up on offer of moving service to temporary accommodation, and when I agree they won't do that.... 

Wait, did you add international calls or not?

If you added them then yes it is a new contract..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,508 ✭✭✭eir: Adam

Hi damianch, 

Thanks 

Tracey 

Hi damianch,

Tracey is out of the office today, however, if you PM me your account number and full name I'll check on this for you.

- Adam

eir: Adam wrote: »

Hi damianch, 

Thanks 

Tracey 

Hi damianch,

Tracey is out of the office today, however, if you PM me your account number and full name I'll check on this for you.

- Adam

Being told now that I can indeed move my service to a new address but will have to enter an 18 month contract! 

Currently on the phone to Megan who refuses to put me onto a manager or supervisor and will not transfer me to anyone who can help are speak about the issues on my account. I am moving out of my house in 2 hours time and am still waiting .

The attitude of your reps and their inability to understand anything beyond their script is a disrgace.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,508 ✭✭✭eir: Adam

eir: Adam wrote: »

Hi damianch, 

Thanks 

Tracey 

Hi damianch,

- Adam

Being told now that I can indeed move my service to a new address but will have to enter an 18 month contract! 

Currently on the phone to Megan who refuses to put me onto a manager or supervisor and will not transfer me to anyone who can help are speak about the issues on my account. I am moving out of my house in 2 hours time and am still waiting .

The attitude of your reps and their inability to understand anything beyond their script is a disrgace.
    This information is correct I'm afraid, damianch. If you are moving home and getting set up at your new address you are required to enter a new contract. You can view more on the on the below link if you scroll down to the FAQ section.

https://www.eir.ie/movingHome.jsp

A manager will be unable to offer you better news in relation to this I'm afraid as the information you're receiving from the agent is correct. I understand that this is frustrating and I'm sorry that I can't give you better news here. I have received your PM about your other issue and I'll be back in touch shortly.

- Adam

• Registered Users Posts: 10,882 ✭✭✭✭Realt Dearg Sec

That's a ludicrous policy! Wouldn't expect any more from ye to be honest, awful company, was delighted when my own mobile contract with ye ended. That said if we're stupid enough to enter an 18 month contract with a company with your reputation more fool us.

That's a ludicrous policy! Wouldn't expect any more from ye to be honest, awful company, was delighted when my own mobile contract with ye ended. That said if we're stupid enough to enter an 18 month contract with a company with your reputation more fool us.
    Yes and it turns out Megan wasn't telling the truth about the 18th month contract. She was adamant it was the only option I had. Then Mark the head of the move team eventually came back from lunch and Megan could suddenly offer me a 6 month contract. 

Mark couldn't see my frustration that my intial complaint was about being miseld with contracts, and his own department were doing it the same day which he admitted. 

Marks manager, who he eventually admitted having, is Michael Cantwell and I will take the issue up with him directly in realation to Eir misleading people in relation to contract lenghts .

Will keep both Boards and Facebook updated with progress. 

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,136 ✭✭✭eir: Tracey

Yes and it turns out Megan wasn't telling the truth about the 18th month contract. She was adamant it was the only option I had. Then Mark the head of the move team eventually came back from lunch and Megan could suddenly offer me a 6 month contract. 

Mark couldn't see my frustration that my intial complaint was about being miseld with contracts, and his own department were doing it the same day which he admitted. 

Marks manager, who he eventually admitted having, is Michael Cantwell and I will take the issue up with him directly in realation to Eir misleading people in relation to contract lenghts .

I'm very sorry to hear about the ongoing issues you have been having with your order and for the wrong information being given to you.  I understand your frustrations here. 

This manager will investigate this further for you. 

Thanks 

Tracey 

I'm very sorry to hear about the ongoing issues you have been having with your order and for the wrong information being given to you.  I understand your frustrations here. 

This manager will investigate this further for you. 

Thanks 

Tracey 
    Well they haven't Tracey, but Eir has been ringing my Father who is in his late 70s and texting him all over Christmas , in relation to a bill that is not his , not in his name, has nothing to do with him. Eir have clearly now given out details about my account to someone who should no corresspondence with Eir as the account is in my name. 

• Advertisement
Advertisement