Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Agreed contract with Eir was not updated by outsource company - will not backdate

Options
  • 08-12-2017 5:33pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,188 ✭✭✭

Hi I contacted eir prior to the 3euro price increase (9th September) to either cancel contract or get a better deal as i am on a 2.5mb download direct to exchange "broadband" only account and the 3 euro increase to 53 euro was going to make this not worthwhile.

Eir forwarded me to their "price increase team" (outsourced) and a deal was agreed of a 5 euro discount from 53 to 48 so long as i agreed to an 18 month contract and if efibre became available i would be upgraded for free.

This was on the 9th September, i have just found out eir has billed me 53 euros for both the month of october and november overcharging by 10 euro.  What is worst is that when i contacted eir today they again transferred me to the price increase team they said they can refund but the contract would start from today.

I have told them that this is unacceptable and the issue is theirs to resolve, my contract for 48 euros is due from the 9th September and i want that applied.  The price increase team has said they cannot apply the 18 months from the 09/09/17.

Presently i have no refund, no contract for 48 from 9th Sept and no fixed billing going forward.

I wish for this to be resolved asap as fault is with eir team.

Thank you

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,508 ✭✭✭eir: Adam

Hi I contacted eir prior to the 3euro price increase (9th September) to either cancel contract or get a better deal as i am on a 2.5mb download direct to exchange "broadband" only account and the 3 euro increase to 53 euro was going to make this not worthwhile.

Eir forwarded me to their "price increase team" (outsourced) and a deal was agreed of a 5 euro discount from 53 to 48 so long as i agreed to an 18 month contract and if efibre became available i would be upgraded for free.

This was on the 9th September, i have just found out eir has billed me 53 euros for both the month of october and november overcharging by 10 euro.  What is worst is that when i contacted eir today they again transferred me to the price increase team they said they can refund but the contract would start from today.

I have told them that this is unacceptable and the issue is theirs to resolve, my contract for 48 euros is due from the 9th September and i want that applied.  The price increase team has said they cannot apply the 18 months from the 09/09/17.

Presently i have no refund, no contract for 48 from 9th Sept and no fixed billing going forward.

I wish for this to be resolved asap as fault is with eir team.

Thank you
    Hi there,

Can you PM me your account number and full name, please? I'll look into this for you.

- Adam

• Registered Users Posts: 1,188 ✭✭✭kennethsmyth

Hi Adam PM sent

Hi Adam PM sent
    Thanks, I'll get back to your PM today.

- Adam

Adam 

I am posting this publicly as your reply has essentially stated Eir have decided to do nothing.

"Thanks for your PM.

Apologies for the delay here I was seeing if there was anything I could do for you. I'm afraid I can't offer you better news from here and I am very sorry about this. 

I recommend logging a formal complaint to have this looked into further. You can view our complaints process on the below link.

https://www.eir.ie/complaints/

- Adam"

Adam I have already logged a formal complaint on the 8th December that states they will be in touch within 2 working days - today is the 4th working day!  - so already Eir has failed again.

I will not be relenting on this matter, I have an agreed contract over the phone that stated 48 euro per month since September 8th and my contract will run from September.  Eir would make me pay to break contract so its only right that Eir either uphold the agreed contract or pay compensation to be released from it.

3 things are necessary to bring this issue to a conclusion.

1. Refund for the last two months overcharging and this will probably be 3 months at least by time resolution.

2. I want my contract to be 48 euros for the remaining months

3. I want the contract to run from September as agreed.

Eir is responsible for its agents and its agents are at fault, I expect Eir to solve not ignore.

As and from today I am allowing Eir 14 days to complete their side of the contract and if not I will escalate directly to comreg as they have already proven that their complaints proceedure is ineffective by not contacting within their own limits.

If comreg does not find a satisfactory conclusion with Eir I will then bring my complaint to small claims and so forth. 

Please note I will also be contacting Eir by every means available as its seems to be the only way to get their attention.

Adam I would advise you return to your manager and let them know that I will not relent on this and it would be better for all parties to just bring this to a conclusion quickly rather than your representatives being constantly called, emailed, messaged, posted and generally held up with this issue until it is resolved.

Any further news on this Adam?

Thank you

• Advertisement

Any further news on this Adam?

Thank you
    Hi,

I'm afraid I don't have any further updates on this as we don't handle contract renewals from here. You'll need to follow the instructions that I have outlined to you previously in order to have this looked into further.

- Adam

Ok back onto this - forget the contract renewal.

Your Eir customer service has sent me 4 emails with the same answer of sorry we cannot help - all from a service center that seems to be abroad.

I have asked Eir in writing for an official complaint number so i can revert to comreg 4 times now and they have conviently ignored my request.

I have also asked Eir to ensure the security of the call on the 9th September 2017 and original customer agent said they could see that i called - now they say they have no record of call!

AGAIN please forward an official complaint number

• Registered Users Posts: 916 ✭✭✭1hnr79jr65

You may be out of luck with the call as i believe under the distance selling regulation act, there is no requirement for a company to verify a sale with a call recording nor is there a retention requirement for said call also. 

You may be out of luck with the call as i believe under the distance selling regulation act, there is no requirement for a company to verify a sale with a call recording nor is there a retention requirement for said call also. 

I understand where you’re coming from but it wasn’t a sale it was a contract, which the do have to keep a record of.

Either way I gave now requested an official complaint number by email and web at least 5 times only to be ignored.

Eir please forward complain number so I can move this onto the regulatory body.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,136 ✭✭✭eir: Tracey

I understand where you’re coming from but it wasn’t a sale it was a contract, which the do have to keep a record of.

Either way I gave now requested an official complaint number by email and web at least 5 times only to be ignored.

Eir please forward complain number so I can move this onto the regulatory body.
    Hi Kennethsmyth,

I understand your frustrations here however, I am unable to assist with this further.

The complaints team are the only ones that would be able to investigate this further.

You can view our complaints process below.

Thanks 

Tracey

• Advertisement

This is getting beyond ridiculous - I have asked multiple times for an official complaint number to my complaint both online and emails to your complaints email account.  I have yet to receive one.

We are going in complete circles!!!!!

Absolutely disgraceful behavior by eir.

Why is eir refusing to give me an official complaints number so I can take this to the regulator?

Emailing / phoning is not getting the required response, please forward my complaint number otherwise I will need to look to other communication communication which would be more in the public view.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 46 eir: Kevin

This is getting beyond ridiculous - I have asked multiple times for an official complaint number to my complaint both online and emails to your complaints email account.  I have yet to receive one.

We are going in complete circles!!!!!

Absolutely disgraceful behavior by eir.

Why is eir refusing to give me an official complaints number so I can take this to the regulator?

Emailing / phoning is not getting the required response, please forward my complaint number otherwise I will need to look to other communication communication which would be more in the public view.
    Hi Kennethsmyth,

I'm very sorry for any inconvenience caused. We are not refusing to provide you with a complaint reference number, In order to obtain a complaint reference number, you will need to log a formal complaint by following the process in the link below.

Thanks

Kevin

Advertisement