If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

First time buying a turntable/record player

Options
  • 08-12-2017 7:31pm
    Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭

Hi guys, 

I've been trying to research a bit about record players/turntables and where is best to start! Reading reviews I've kind of settled on something in the Project range possibly either the Project Debut Carbon Esprit or the Project Debut Carbon. 

Could you recommend either of these and what might work with them with regard speakers, preamp etc. 

Thanks, 

Conor

Comments

• Company Representative Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: John

youngco87 wrote: »
    Hi guys, 

I've been trying to research a bit about record players/turntables and where is best to start! Reading reviews I've kind of settled on something in the Project range possibly either the Project Debut Carbon Esprit or the Project Debut Carbon. 

Could you recommend either of these and what might work with them with regard speakers, preamp etc. 

Thanks, 

Conor
    Hi Conor,

you have done your research well :)

You really can't go wrong with the Project Carbon - we just had some delivered today in the Green Finish and they look A M A Z I N G !

I would partner that with the Yamaha As301 - I picked the As301 as it has a really good dedicated phono level input for your turntable but it also has digital inputs ( and it doesn't hurt that it's been reduced to £199 / €219 just today :D ) 

On the speaker front - add the Monitor Audio Bronze 1 and you will have a super sounding system - line up as follows

Project Carbon Turntable
    Yamaha AS301 Amplifier
    Monitor Audio Bronze 1 Speakers ( Pair)
    Cambridge Audio Symphony 100 Speaker cable * 5 mtrs
    Delivery

Normal price = £710 / €837
    Boardie Bundle deal - £649 / €759

Have a browse on www.richersounds.ie and keep us posted - but that would be a sweet sounding system ( especially if you added a sub later as the AS301 unusually has a SUbwoofer output :D  )

ATVB,

John Mc & Crew

John McDonald / Managing Director / Richer Sounds Ireland / www.richersounds.ie / johnmc@richersounds.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭youngco87

Hi guys, 

Thanks, 

Conor
    Hi Conor,

You really can't go wrong with the Project Carbon - we just had some delivered today in the Green Finish and they look A M A Z I N G !

I would partner that with the Yamaha As301 - I picked the As301 as it has a really good dedicated phono level input for your turntable but it also has digital inputs ( and it doesn't hurt that it's been reduced to £199 / €219 just today :D ) 

On the speaker front - add the Monitor Audio Bronze 1 and you will have a super sounding system - line up as follows

Project Carbon Turntable
    Yamaha AS301 Amplifier
    Delivery

Have a browse on www.richersounds.ie and keep us posted - but that would be a sweet sounding system ( especially if you added a sub later as the AS301 unusually has a SUbwoofer output :D  )

ATVB,

John Mc & Crew
    Thanks! 

I've sent you a PM to try sort this out! 

• Company Representative Posts: 17,282 ✭✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Kenny

Hi guys, 

Thanks, 

Conor
    Hi Conor,

Project Carbon Turntable
    Yamaha AS301 Amplifier
    Delivery

ATVB,

John Mc & Crew
    Thanks! 

I've sent you a PM to try sort this out! 
    Hey Conor.

John has been in and out of the office.

If you want to forward me your PM I can look after it for you.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.