Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Destiny General Discussion 2.0

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,543 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

verycool wrote: »
    I'm on 345 and still finding 350 Heroic Adventures and Strikes impossible!?! It's nearly that I'm resorting to cheesing them. Is it meant to be this difficult when you're so close to the 'level'?!

Oh yeah that's normal, get to 355ish and all will be a bit easier :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,935 ✭✭✭Tazzimus

I'm on 345 and still finding 350 Heroic Adventures and Strikes impossible!?! It's nearly that I'm resorting to cheesing them. Is it meant to be this difficult when you're so close to the 'level'?!
    Yes, which is what a lot of us wanted, some difficulty.

Even over 350, they're no walk in the park, depending on modifiers.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 965 ✭✭✭verycool

Kimbot wrote: »
    Oh yeah that's normal, get to 355ish and all will be a bit easier :)

Oh good! One rare instance I can blame the game and not me being terrible at it (sort of). Thanks a mil.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,543 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

Oh good! One rare instance I can blame the game and not me being terrible at it (sort of). Thanks a mil.

Get a raid or two done to up the light level and you'll be grand :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,549 ✭✭✭jcd5971

I like the difficulty spike game was gone way too easy.

Can't wait to get high enough for escalation protocol

• Advertisement

jcd5971 wrote: »
    I like the difficulty spike game was gone way too easy.

Can't wait to get high enough for escalation protocol

High enough, you need more people for it haha

• Closed Accounts Posts: 172 ✭✭Vargulf

Hey

I never played the original Destiny and was wondering if this is worth getting without the DLC?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,870 ✭✭✭✭Generic Dreadhead

Vargulf wrote: »
    Hey

I never played the original Destiny and was wondering if this is worth getting without the DLC?

Not really no.

Get the original Destiny with all the DLC included for €25. Much better value and gameplay experience imho.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 172 ✭✭Vargulf

Not really no.

Get the original Destiny with all the DLC included for €25. Much better value and gameplay experience imho.

Thanks, would you say the same about Destiny 2 as well?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,870 ✭✭✭✭Generic Dreadhead

Depends totally on how Destiny 2 shapes up if/when they have a substantial update in September 2018.
    The last time they did that it changed enough of the core game, added enough content and provided a "complete edition" to make it a much better value proposition.

So wait 4 months and/or pick up the Complete (physical) edition of D1

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,549 ✭✭✭jcd5971

Vargulf wrote:

I'd wait on d2 until next expansion as it will be better value to pick up.

Especially if your getting destiny complete edition, that has more than enough content to hold you till september.

Not sure on the player base though for raids etc, maybe something to consider.

Although I'm sure if that became an issue there's enough of us on here prepared to reinstall d1 for a few raid runs.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,171 ✭✭✭syboit

Have to say, can't stop using the tractor cannon at the moment in D2. If you get the catalyst version even better. Even went as far as using it in Iron Banner and it was a blast, boppin lads all over the place.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,470 ✭✭✭SolvableKnave

Got my second catalyst last night. DARCI. So that's Crimson and DARCI. Both requiring headshot kills. Lovely.

giphy.gif

Are you on PC?

I have yet to get a catalyst to drop, annoying.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,171 ✭✭✭syboit

Got my second catalyst last night. DARCI. So that's Crimson and DARCI. Both requiring headshot kills. Lovely.

200 precision kills was needed for the darci, by the time I finished I ended up with 426 kills! Guess my head shots need some work.

Working on the vigilance wing at the moment, you need to get 250 kills with it in crucible.

• Registered Users Posts: 593 ✭✭✭cavemeister

syboit wrote: »
    200 precision kills was needed for the darci, by the time I finished I ended up with 426 kills! Guess my head shots need some work.

Working on the vigilance wing at the moment, you need to get 250 kills with it in crucible.

I read the Vigilance Wing catalyst makes the gun full auto - Now that's a serious perk!

I read the Vigilance Wing catalyst makes the gun full auto - Now that's a serious perk!

I wonder what the stability is like with it full auto, as that will probably trump the Claymore.

All I know is, if you go up against it, you'll lose. Badly.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,971 ✭✭✭OptimusTractor

All power to whoever gets the 450 (150 for each element type) for the Borealis catalyst.

• Advertisement

All power to whoever gets the 450 (150 for each element type) for the Borealis catalyst.

I wonder, if like DARCI, do crucible kills count as significantly more than PvE kills?

• Registered Users Posts: 45,661 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

Have got the catalyst drops for:

Crimson
    Vigilence Wing
    Colony
    Tractor Cannon
    Jade Rabbit

Think that is all, so far.

Still waiting patiently for my first one to drop

• Registered Users Posts: 400 ✭✭Mcsirl

ANyone know how to get the Warmind Engrams that Anna Bray decrypts for you ?

Ive only got 1 so far and no idea how i got it.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,590 ✭✭✭sniper_samurai

Mcsirl wrote: »
    ANyone know how to get the Warmind Engrams that Anna Bray decrypts for you ?

Ive only got 1 so far and no idea how i got it.

You get the Braytech weapons randomly from the sleeper nodes.

You get the Iklos weapons from level 7 Escalation Protocol.

• Registered Users Posts: 400 ✭✭Mcsirl

Cant get past round 1 at the mo, ran one the weekend with about 6 other randoms and got the Ogre down to a fraction but it timed out :(

• Registered Users Posts: 7,590 ✭✭✭sniper_samurai

Mcsirl wrote: »
    Cant get past round 1 at the mo, ran one the weekend with about 6 other randoms and got the Ogre down to a fraction but it timed out :(

Bungo balanced it for a ft of 385s. Tbh can't see it being doable even with that.

Bungo balanced it for a ft of 385s. Tbh can't see it being doable even with that.

Apparently it has been done with teams of 3 ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 593 ✭✭✭cavemeister

When I first started doing the EP's at 340 light, we couldn't even do the ogre.. now I'm at 360 and easily getting to round 4. It's getting better and better.. I suggest a Linear Fusion rifle for the bosses - They absolutely wreck with the new buffs!

• Advertisement

When I first started doing the EP's at 340 light, we couldn't even do the ogre.. now I'm at 360 and easily getting to round 4. It's getting better and better.. I suggest a Linear Fusion rifle for the bosses - They absolutely wreck with the new buffs!

Pffffftttttt get the tractor cannon going, serious fun in EP :D

Advertisement