Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Destiny General Discussion 2.0

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,781 ✭✭✭PetKing

I'm happy if Trials goes bak to the drawing board. It was in a terrible place. It needs to be rebuilt.

• Registered Users Posts: 45,953 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

PetKing wrote: »
    I'm happy if Trials goes bak to the drawing board. It was in a terrible place. It needs to be rebuilt.
    there are a few problems with it.

1. Rewards for floawless are cosmetic - they need to be more than that.
    2. The game mode is common to Comp, it isn't special.
    3. No mercy boon is too restrictive, imo.

I also don't like there not being Radar, but I don't think they are moving away from that with Comp. I want Radar, the Radar is part of Destiny, rightly or wrongly and I know myself that I don't feel at all comfortable without it.

• Registered Users Posts: 593 ✭✭✭cavemeister

there are a few problems with it.

1. Rewards for floawless are cosmetic - they need to be more than that.
    2. The game mode is common to Comp, it isn't special.
    3. No mercy boon is too restrictive, imo.

I also don't like there not being Radar, but I don't think they are moving away from that with Comp. I want Radar, the Radar is part of Destiny, rightly or wrongly and I know myself that I don't feel at all comfortable without it.

Back in D1, they did a few weeks towards the end of Trials with no radar and it was almost universally praised. Before that, it was streamers and paid carries only going flawless - No radar took away their edge and gave us mere mortals a better chance.

Back in D1, they did a few weeks towards the end of Trials with no radar and it was almost universally praised. Before that, it was streamers and paid carries only going flawless - No radar took away their edge and gave us mere mortals a better chance.

It was only spooky trails on Cauldron for Haolloween I thought, could be wrong - and I remember the reaction being very mixed, from everyone.

Also, i don't think the sound queues for general player movement are good enough for not having Radar.

Also, I fear no radar and 3 shotgun meta!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,654 ✭✭✭✭AdamD

It wasn't remotely universally praised. Think it was one of the lowest participation weeks ever.

No radar is playable but its definitely worse. No idea why they don't just go with CoD style radar where you show up when you shoot. The sound cues aren't good enough for zero radar.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,578 ✭✭✭EoinHef

Again,nobody is complaining about the fact there fixing the game,its the fact that €100 for the season pass edition of the game has funded all these fixes while we were left with a turd.

EoinHef wrote: »
    Again,nobody is complaining about the fact there fixing the game,its the fact that €100 for the season pass edition of the game has funded all these fixes while we were left with a turd.

You have the complaint above that we are expected to pay for the fixes - which simply isn't true - everyone gets these fixes to core game mechanics.

yes it has taken way too long to make these changes - but they are being made, they are wide ranging, they cover most things people have complained about and mostly coming for free.

This is what annoyed me: So revamping current content and selling it as new?

Revamping the current content - this was what people were asking for.
    Selling it as new: They aren't selling it.

"They sold a broken game and have asked their player base to pay huge money to just get it back to what it was at the end of destiny 1."

They sold a broken game - Yep. They made loads of poor decisions and, imo, good decisions that they didn't execute correctly.

asked their player base to pay huge money to just get it back to what it was at the end of destiny 1 - Not true imo. Its an evolution on D1, and you aren't being asked to pay for it.

"I for one won't he spending an extra 50-80 on top of the 80 I spent when the game came out just so bungie can try and fix their game."

The 'fixes' are being supplied to all versions of the game - so you don't need to spend money to get them. Its giving out about a scenario that doesn't exist.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 648 ✭✭✭SeanHarty

Just to be clear I haven't stopped writing back because I think I'm wrong.

I've stopped writing back because even though I wanted a discussion it ended up a back and forth with a grown man who can't get over the past.

This is a discussion thread and I'm not going to contribute to it being dragged off course.

Fan boys will always be fan boys and bungie will exploit that even though their fan boys have been loyal after getting ripped off for a broken game which has taken them this long to drop fixes.

If you buy the expansion and the same happened again you will only have yourself to blame really.

To be fair if you have no intention on buying the expansions the fixes are useless to someone who already paid for the base game, you're not gonna go back and play it again without them.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,935 ✭✭✭Tazzimus

AdamD wrote: »
    To be fair if you have no intention on buying the expansions the fixes are useless to someone who already paid for the base game, you're not gonna go back and play it again without them.
    How so?

Genuine question btw

• Advertisement

Tazzimus wrote: »
    How so?

Genuine question btw

Not really much reason to play. I've been on myself a few times recently (I don't have the 2 DLCs) and didn't last long. You've more than likely completed all of the content, don't have access to anything new, can't level past 305 or whatever, can't upgrade armour etc.

That in itself isn't an issue, I've finished the base game and wouldn't expect much more out of it, but its tough to argue that patches a year down the line are of any use to me (unless I buy Forsaken, which is up in the air).

SeanHarty wrote: »
    Just to be clear I haven't stopped writing back because I think I'm wrong.

I've stopped writing back because even though I wanted a discussion it ended up a back and forth with a grown man who can't get over the past.

This is a discussion thread and I'm not going to contribute to it being dragged off course.

Fan boys will always be fan boys and bungie will exploit that even though their fan boys have been loyal after getting ripped off for a broken game which has taken them this long to drop fixes.

If you buy the expansion and the same happened again you will only have yourself to blame really.
    To be clear:

My issue was with what you said.

I don't care who you are or any history you think I am rallying against. That is, imo, you projecting your own issue with me. I couldn't care less who wrote it. I've made similar points elsewhere to people to people that aren't you.

The comment that annoyed me (Comment, not person...) was 'revamped content and selling it as new'. It simply isn't true.

The revamped (d2 vanilla or D1esque sandbox) content isn't being sold.
    The content that is being sold is the completely new destination, story and PVPVE mode. It is not revamped.

That is where this started, not back 10 months ago or whatever. With a comment that triggered me cause it is an annoying line of thought I have seen and argued against elsewhere.

I saw, rightly or wrongly, what you said as b1tching for the sake of it, not based on the reality of the situation. B1tching about the issues that needed to be fixed (with you on that) and b1tching about the fixing of those issues - which is where I take issue. I've seen people (not just you) moan about the state of the game, and then moan about the fixes Bungie introduce - and it absolutely grates with me.

D2 was broken on release. I fully agree with that - many issues and all down to Bungie.

D2 remained broken for a long time - with Warmind and Exotic changes around that, being really the first good step in the right direction. It hasn't been enough - and I agree with that.

D2 looks like it is getting fixed. Come September (inclusive of currently implemented changes) we are going to have more leathal weapons, and quicker TTK, stronger abilities, faster movement, 6vs6 PVP, stronger and more fun exotics, new PVP modes and new PVP maps. All that is being provided to all players - no need to pay a penny more. Do I wish all of this had come much sooner, yep. Absolutely. 100%. Am I glad the changes are being made now anyway, yep. Absolutely. 100%.

Yeah, if you want the new content in terms of Raid, Raid destination, Gambit , New Supers and the new weapons you need to pay for the new content. I've always been a bit uncomfortable with that system, in any game. But it is a reality of many games, at least up to now in most cases. Season Passes and Expansions are paid for content - it is not unusual.

The way you responded to me and others with similar views was like night and day.

But whatever it doesn't matter.

Adam has said it best in that these fixes are great and all but will more than likely only benefit those that buy the expansion and not the players that just have the base game or other dlcs.

SeanHarty wrote: »
    The way you responded to me and others with similar views was like night and day.

But whatever it doesn't matter.

Adam has said it best in that these fixes are great and all but will more than likely only benefit those that buy the expansion and not the players that just have the base game or other dlcs.

Similar views to yours were not expressed - they were expending on the point I was making. That the changes to the sandbox are coming to all versions of the game.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,870 ✭✭✭✭Generic Dreadhead

Lots of positive changes coming alright but they are a year late for the most part.

A lot of the decisions must have sounded like top-tier, ground-breaking $hit in the boardroom with a bunch of analysts clapping themselves on the back but have been slowly walked back to essentially D1.

Still, I've gotten less for my ~€40 with other purchases so I'll happily continue.
    To me the Raids alone are generally worth the money.
    Went out for a few pints on Friday and was down ~€70 so hey-ho! :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,935 ✭✭✭Tazzimus

Coors must be expensive down that way

Lots of positive changes coming alright but they are a year late for the most part.

A lot of the decisions must have sounded like top-tier, ground-breaking $hit in the boardroom with a bunch of analysts clapping themselves on the back but have been slowly walked back to essentially D1.

Still, I've gotten less for my ~€40 with other purchases so I'll happily continue.
    To me the Raids alone are generally worth the money.
    Went out for a few pints on Friday and was down ~€70 so hey-ho! :pac:

That's about 5 pints up here! That's why I don't drink much anymore!

The rebel red must have been going down well that night!

You have the complaint above that we are expected to pay for the fixes - which simply isn't true - everyone gets these fixes to core game mechanics.

yes it has taken way too long to make these changes - but they are being made, they are wide ranging, they cover most things people have complained about and mostly coming for free.

This is what annoyed me: So revamping current content and selling it as new?

Revamping the current content - this was what people were asking for.
    Selling it as new: They aren't selling it.

"They sold a broken game and have asked their player base to pay huge money to just get it back to what it was at the end of destiny 1."

They sold a broken game - Yep. They made loads of poor decisions and, imo, good decisions that they didn't execute correctly.

asked their player base to pay huge money to just get it back to what it was at the end of destiny 1 - Not true imo. Its an evolution on D1, and you aren't being asked to pay for it.

"I for one won't he spending an extra 50-80 on top of the 80 I spent when the game came out just so bungie can try and fix their game."

The 'fixes' are being supplied to all versions of the game - so you don't need to spend money to get them. Its giving out about a scenario that doesn't exist.

No,again,my complaint is we have ALREADY paid for the fixes,not that were being asked to pay for them now.

If you see "whinging" elsewhere which annoys you and are triggered that easily here i think your a bit too invested maybe. At the end of the day this is not PvP,its a discussion forum. People will have opposing views,there not wrong because you disagree with them.

Any new content to be played with these fixes is behind a paywall.

To he clear,i spend a ton of money on games,i dont mind paying for good content and Forsaken looks like good content along with the fixes,the fact the fixes are too late to save the first year of the game after paying €100 for that year leaves a sour taste though.

Thats not whinging imo,its valid criticism.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,510 ✭✭✭Titzon Toast

Are there any clan members here leveling up thier Solstice armour by any chance?
    I need to do the 5 missions and the Nightfall to get over the line to legendary.
    Teaming up would make it a whole lot easier.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,549 ✭✭✭jcd5971

EoinHef wrote:
    No,again,my complaint is we have ALREADY paid for the fixes,not that were being asked to pay for them now.

Yep you paid for the fixes and you got the fixes, was the game launched poorly, yep it was.
    Have the fixes taken a long time, yes they have.
    Are you being or have you been asked to pay for said changes, no you have not.

I think alot of people here are not seeing for some reason that forsaken and the sandbox update are not the same thing.

EoinHef wrote:
    If you see "whinging" elsewhere which annoys you and are triggered that easily here i think your a bit too invested maybe. At the end of the day this is not PvP,its a discussion forum. People will have opposing views,there not wrong because you disagree with them.

To be fair hard to remain "un-triggered" (I hate this term) when in the middle of the same discussion another poster is calling you a man child.

My personal point of view on it is that its very late fixes, but that's unfortunately modern gaming for you: see- no man's sky, the division, diabolo 3, ffIX etc.
    The shocking thing is they managed to do it 2 games in a row.

I was vocal with my criticisms at launch as we're most others, how they thought the changes they made were positive is beyond me, as generic pointed out, most likely corporate heads using focus groups and metrics and other ****.

Hopefully now that they have steered the ship off the rocks, they can continue doing the good stuff re: small updates, balance passes, catalysts etc.
    Oh and for the love of good hopefully bug fixes (looking at you callus encounter in void room)

For the record I'm not trying to convince you the game is good, that's upto bungie and the ain't payin me any.

But as someone our clan said to me this week, when I was grinding solstice and bitching about it,
    " it's stupid bitching about a problem AND then bitching about them FIXING the problem you were originally bitching about, if you hate it that much write it off as a bad game and move on"

Hard to argue really.

• Advertisement

Any new content to be played with these fixes is behind a paywall.

To he clear,i spend a ton of money on games,i dont mind paying for good content and Forsaken looks like good content along with the fixes,the fact the fixes are too late to save the first year of the game after paying €100 for that year leaves a sour taste though.

Thats not whinging imo,its valid criticism.

I wasn't saying it was your complaint. I was saying it is a complaint that we are seeing in this thread - as you had said it wasn't what you were seeing.

jcd5971 wrote: »
    EoinHef wrote:

Yep you paid for the fixes and you got the fixes, was the game launched poorly, yep it was.
    Have the fixes taken a long time, yes they have.
    Are you being or have you been asked to pay for said changes, no you have not.

I think alot of people here are not seeing for some reason that forsaken and the sandbox update are not the same thing.

EoinHef wrote:

To be fair hard to remain "un-triggered" (I hate this term) when in the middle of the same discussion another poster is calling you a man child.

First of all I never called you a man child.

Secondly I wasn't even addressing you in my first post that "triggered" you so trying to suggest the reason a grown man was "triggered" was because I called you a child is silly.

Also "another poster" I'm not the boogy man for feck sake I won't appear in your mirror if you say my name.

Although that fear would be in line with you calling yourself a man child...

• Registered Users Posts: 39 DinoSteve

Jesus, you guys are still fighting.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,013 ✭✭✭✭Wonda-Boy

Are people still playing this game!!!!!

Jaysus have not played it since getting my 3 chars up to 405.............

• Closed Accounts Posts: 965 ✭✭✭verycool

Wonda-Boy wrote: »
    Are people still playing this game!!!!!

Jaysus have not played it since getting my 3 chars up to 405.............

Completed the "story" plus the Mercury and Mars expansions on all three roughly to 360 light. Couldn't be ar*ed doing any more.

As someone said already, I'll wait until the reviews of the latest expansion come in before I go back to it.

(Playing on XB1)

SeanHarty wrote:

SeanHarty wrote:
    Secondly I wasn't even addressing you in my first post that "triggered" you so trying to suggest the reason a grown man was "triggered" was because I called you a child is silly.

SeanHarty wrote:
    Also "another poster" I'm not the boogy man for feck sake I won't appear in your mirror if you say my name.

SeanHarty wrote:

SeanHarty wrote:

SeanHarty wrote:

SeanHarty wrote:

SeanHarty wrote:

Wait what?

This post makes me very confused who are you mad at? Who are you even addressing in that wall of gibberish. What's going on here... You may have suffered a mild stroke please seek assistance.

Wine o'clock came early jcd. Please ignore 🀣

SeanHarty wrote:
    Wine o'clock came early jcd. Please ignore 🀣

No problem my friend, the pope will be here any day now so I think we should all forgive each other an offer each other the sign of peace and frienship

This mass is ended go in peace to love and serve the Lord. (shaxx)

Are there any clan members here leveling up thier Solstice armour by any chance?
    I need to do the 5 missions and the Nightfall to get over the line to legendary.
    Teaming up would make it a whole lot easier.

I wont be on till tomorrow night but still to do the nightfall aswell,ive done the missions already but id do them again with ye as still need solar super kills. And arc grenade kills.

Ill post here tomorrow when im going on and see if your about. On nights so probably be about 11 pm.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,510 ✭✭✭Titzon Toast

I wont be on till tomorrow night but still to do the nightfall aswell,ive done the missions already but id do them again with ye as still need solar super kills. And arc grenade kills.

Ill post here tomorrow when im going on and see if your about. On nights so probably be about 11 pm.

I got an invite to the Boards clan Discord chat. Are you in the clan too?

Advertisement