Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Destiny General Discussion 2.0

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,574 ✭✭✭EoinHef

I got an invite to the Boards clan Discord chat. Are you in the clan too?

Still in the clan ye. Ive only really got into the game recently.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,088 ✭✭✭Static M.e.

Are there any clan members here leveling up thier Solstice armour by any chance?
    I need to do the 5 missions and the Nightfall to get over the line to legendary.
    Teaming up would make it a whole lot easier.

I play on PC if you need a hand.

On the Solstices set. A handy trick for this one "60 solar\void\arc melee kills" is to use a solar* sword with no ammunition\power and just go around hacking mobs in escalation protocol. Makes it very easy.

When you are doing the Crucible ones you don't have to have all the Solstice armour on, you just the one piece that needs the Crucible super kills. It should make it easier for you.

I think the hardest one by a mile is the "Complete the Prestige Leviathan raid"...as a hunter i'm dead in two shots.

GL

• Registered Users Posts: 3,935 ✭✭✭Tazzimus

On the Solstices set. A handy trick for this one "60 solar\void\arc melee kills" is to use a solar* sword with no ammunition\power and just go around hacking mobs in escalation protocol. Makes it very easy.

When you are doing the Crucible ones you don't have to have all the Solstice armour on, you just the one piece that needs the Crucible super kills. It should make it easier for you.

I think the hardest one by a mile is the "Complete the Prestige Leviathan raid"...as a hunter i'm dead in two shots.

GL
    It's hard for a different reason for most of us; trying to get a team to do the full raid :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,549 ✭✭✭jcd5971

Tazzimus wrote:
    It's hard for a different reason for most of us; trying to get a team to do the full raid

On ps4 or pc?

We're running at least 1 raid every night sometimes more on ps4 anyway.

• Advertisement

jcd5971 wrote: »
    On ps4 or pc?

We're running at least 1 raid every night sometimes more on ps4 anyway.
    PS4, haven't got the willpower to go through all of it on my third character, never mind on a whole new platform :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,971 ✭✭✭OptimusTractor

GL

Unfortunately the sword trick doesn't work for Warlocks.

Unfortunately the sword trick doesn't work for Warlocks.

Not being smart here but did you use a sword for no ammo and the right energy? I think it's Arc for Warlocks. So you would need an Arc Sword with no ammo and the Gauntlet equipped. I hope it does work for you otherwise it's a pain in the ass.

GL

• Registered Users Posts: 7,590 ✭✭✭sniper_samurai

Not being smart here but did you use a sword for no ammo and the right energy? I think it's Arc for Warlocks. So you would need an Arc Sword with no ammo and the Gauntlet equipped. I hope it does work for you otherwise it's a pain in the ass.

GL

Doesn't work for warlock. Use the top Stormcaller tree, that chains lightning to nearby enemies upon melee.

Ive got the nightfall and 5 crucible wins to get through to get the legendary set.

Working nights is a real pain regarding getting it done,not on at sociable hours and limited time.

Is there any specific reward other than cores for the masterworks version of the armour?

I most likely wont make it through all those challenges in the time left but i have a decent few cores already so could just masterwork them that way instead of getting the cores from the challenges

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,575 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

This is a great wee CGI video for the upcoming DLC...

EoinHef wrote: »
    Ive got the nightfall and 5 crucible wins to get through to get the legendary set.

Working nights is a real pain regarding getting it done,not on at sociable hours and limited time.

Is there any specific reward other than cores for the masterworks version of the armour?

I most likely wont make it through all those challenges in the time left but i have a decent few cores already so could just masterwork them that way instead of getting the cores from the challenges

Just the cores to make it a masterwork. The masterwork conditions can be completed after the Solstice event.

Gambit will be available for all players for 24 hours at reset on September 1st.

Just the cores to make it a masterwork. The masterwork conditions can be completed after the Solstice event.

Gambit will be available for all players for 24 hours at reset on September 1st.

Cheers sniper. Didnt know they could be done post solstice.

The only one to be wary of is the Valor rank, as that'll reset come next week, if you're already maxed, then you should be ok.
    I had to grind like **** to get from rank 3.

The rest can be done whenever

EoinHef wrote: »

I wouldn't be in a hurry to masterwork them at all, the new Forsaken Armour could very quickly render them useless...whereas the cores are supposedly going to be very hard to come by so I would save them up instead.

I wouldn't be in a hurry to masterwork them at all, the new Forsaken Armour could very quickly render them useless...whereas the cores are supposedly going to be very hard to come by so I would save them up instead.

You will apparently be able to buy cores for a currently unknown currency. There is also a milestone that has a guaranteed drop of cores.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,141 ✭✭✭Yakuza

Back from my holiers, will be poking around somewhat (have an exam on Sept 28th so still a fairly rare drop). I guess ye are all 400 power uber full Solistice kit w@nkers now? :)

Yakuza wrote: »
    Back from my holiers, will be poking around somewhat (have an exam on Sept 28th so still a fairly rare drop). I guess ye are all 400 power uber full Solistice kit w@nkers now? :)

Well 395 but Yes full Solistice kit w@nkers. It doesn't mean anything though come September 4th when Forsaken comes out. I imagine a lot of people will be 500+ before the raid comes a week (or 10 days?) after that...

• Registered Users Posts: 10,013 ✭✭✭✭Wonda-Boy

Looking forward to 4SKN lets hope its a good edition and improves the game.....fingies crossed.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,549 ✭✭✭jcd5971

Wonda-Boy wrote:
    Looking forward to 4SKN lets hope its a good edition and improves the game.....fingies crossed.

That's an awful optimistic post...... Wheres the real wonda

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,575 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

• Registered Users Posts: 10,350 ✭✭✭✭AbusesToilets

Has there been any indication on what level gear will start dropping at in Forsaken? Sitting at around 350 at the minute, is likely that all new gear will drop above 400 or will you still have to level up thru there and beyond?

Has there been any indication on what level gear will start dropping at in Forsaken? Sitting at around 350 at the minute, is likely that all new gear will drop above 400 or will you still have to level up thru there and beyond?

Level up through your LL until you hit the soft cap I assume.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,979 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

Destiny 2 DLC reduced, guessing it's a result of it being free on PsPlus and Forsaken being released next week

Expansion Pass down to €17.99
    Expansion I Curse of Osiris down to €9.99
    Expansion II: Warmind down to €9.99

• Registered Users Posts: 12,586 ✭✭✭✭AdamD

Meta certainly feels better. Enjoying Mida/high ROF Pulses with shotguns. Biggest issue is 6v6, was never much of a fan on D1 and its worse on D2 because the maps were just not designed for that many players.

May well get the dlc now. So I can get Forsaken for 40 and the other 2 for 18?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,870 ✭✭✭✭Generic Dreadhead

AdamD wrote: »

Yes

• Registered Users Posts: 45,665 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

AdamD wrote: »
    Meta certainly feels better. Enjoying Mida/high ROF Pulses with shotguns. Biggest issue is 6v6, was never much of a fan on D1 and its worse on D2 because the maps were just not designed for that many players.

IMO they really need to look at the maps.

They weren't designed for 6vs6 and they weren't designed for high uptime of One Hit Kill weapons and abilities.

Now we have both.

I think they need to bring new D2 maps designed around the new sandbox, and at the same time they should bring back a bunch of the D1 maps to flesh out the map numbers.

Twilight
    Rusted Lands
    Fronteir
    Pantheon
    Widows Court

I reckon they would be good additions to the map pack.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,870 ✭✭✭✭Generic Dreadhead

4 Cosmodrome Maps? Bit Planetist of you

• Registered Users Posts: 12,586 ✭✭✭✭AdamD

IMO they really need to look at the maps.

They weren't designed for 6vs6 and they weren't designed for high uptime of One Hit Kill weapons and abilities.

Now we have both.

I think they need to bring new D2 maps designed around the new sandbox, and at the same time they should bring back a bunch of the D1 maps to flesh out the map numbers.

Twilight
    Rusted Lands
    Fronteir
    Pantheon
    Widows Court

I reckon they would be good additions to the map pack.
    I agree on the 6v6 issue, though I think the maps suit the TTK more than the slow TTK. I know there are too many corners for shotgunners etc. but the corners were a bigger issue IMO when TTK was so slow that you could use all of the cover to get yourself out of a losing gunfight way too easily.

Hopefully we get more maps or they mess around with the playlists, at least half are still viable but some are a cluster****. Also think nades might be a little strong? Telesto needs dumping too, unfortunately Bungie nerf things 3 months at a time...so could be here to stay. Too early to tell if its completely OP but it does make for absolutely garbage gameplay.

If I was choosing D1 maps I'd want:

Rusted Lands (for 4v4)
    Bannerfall
    Frontier (debatable?)
    Pantheon
    The Timekeeper
    Cauldron (4v4)
    Bastion!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 45,665 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

4 Cosmodrome Maps? Bit Planetist of you

Loved rusted lands and widows court.