Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Destiny General Discussion 2.0

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,870 ✭✭✭✭Generic Dreadhead

AdamD wrote: »
    Bastion!

Did you mix this up with something good?
    Bastion was one of the most boring, unimaginative maps ever and was far too large for 6v6 in D1. It was probably one of the worst maps ever designed in either game. In terms of Combined Arms "First Light" and "Skyshock" were miles better

• Registered Users Posts: 12,587 ✭✭✭✭AdamD

Did you mix this up with something good?
    Bastion was one of the most boring, unimaginative maps ever and was far too large for 6v6 in D1. It was probably one of the worst maps ever designed in either game. In terms of Combined Arms "First Light" and "Skyshock" were miles better

Thought Bastion was the best large map by an absolute mile. Despised First Light! It had a good mix of lanes and small enough (without being cramped) areas and was far less snipey than First Light. I think the actual area of the map which was played on was potentially smaller than First Light, there was big areas behind the A and C flags which essentially werent used. Skyshock wasn't really played much so difficult to judge.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,470 ✭✭✭SolvableKnave

What was the Mars map with B in inside the little room, bendy corridor around it, a window you could jump through from C to get to B. High window above B accessed via a high suspended girder? Heavy spawns next to two big circular doors? That was a good map.

Firebase Delphi.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,549 ✭✭✭jcd5971

Yeah would be nice to get some of the D1 maps back now.

Shores of time felt different in D2, but got it a few times last night and it reminded me alot of the good old days of late night post raid pvp shenanigans, twas a good dose of nostalgia.

What was the map on the dreadnought with b in the middle and and C at either end with two long snipe lanes, I liked that map.

• Registered Users Posts: 830 ✭✭✭nevelator

jcd5971 wrote: »
    Yeah would be nice to get some of the D1 maps back now.

Shores of time felt different in D2, but got it a few times last night and it reminded me alot of the good old days of late night post raid pvp shenanigans, twas a good dose of nostalgia.

What was the map on the dreadnought with b in the middle and and C at either end with two long snipe lanes, I liked that map.

Were there 5 lads in the back of C sniping :)

Think the dreadnought map was the Dungeons.

• Advertisement

nevelator wrote:
    Were there 5 lads in the back of C sniping

That's the one Nev.
    Defiance of yasmin was so good on that map.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,935 ✭✭✭Tazzimus

That map was gas craic for carrying the spark on

• Registered Users Posts: 10,013 ✭✭✭✭Wonda-Boy

1st thing to address in PvP is the absence of skilled based match making.....never should have been removed.

Wonda-Boy wrote:
    1st thing to address in PvP is the absence of skilled based match making.....never should have been removed.

Keep skill based for comp. Connection based is perfectly fine for quick play.

I think SBMM is back in quick-play now?
    Thought I seen something about it on Reddit earlier

• Advertisement

Dunno I had a couple of fantastic games last night, also had a few jcd specials as well though so mixed bag, did enjoy it alot more though.

Also confession I run skull Fort arc striker shoulder charge and shotty..... I feel dirty but yet oh so good.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,408 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

ehm why is the game dumping a 35gig patch onto my HD, what the hell is in it?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,590 ✭✭✭sniper_samurai

gimli2112 wrote: »
    ehm why is the game dumping a 35gig patch onto my HD, what the hell is in it?

Forsaken.

Forsaken.

Yep and even if you don't get forsaken there's a heap of changes for the better coming to the base game with it as well.

jcd5971 wrote: »
    Yep and even if you don't get forsaken there's a heap of changes for better or for worse coming to the base game with it as well.

FIXED THAT FOR YOU JJ :pac:

Having fun in Pve, running sniper as primary secondary is the trials pulse and using a catalyst upgraded acrius as heavy.

I think out of about 5 strikes and a load of running around planets getting mats I've been out of heavy or special ammo only a handful of times,

The new ammo economy is great.

Whats the masterworked Acrius like?
    Mag size goes up considerably doesn't it?

• Registered Users Posts: 593 ✭✭✭cavemeister

So... Be honest, who has bought Forsaken?

I'll start!

Nope.:)

• Registered Users Posts: 400 ✭✭Mcsirl

Me

• Registered Users Posts: 13,408 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

no.

surprisingly I'm not even on the fence. I've fallen off the fence and am struggling to get up and see what is on the other side. Don't even know when it's out.

Bungie have let the community down imo. I gave up on COD for similar reasons. I have no desire to get this, however I have the money, a credit card and a lot of beer at home so probably will.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,141 ✭✭✭Yakuza

I bought it, get good value out of it as the youngfella can play it at the same time as me ("the family that raids together stays together..." :))

• Registered Users Posts: 45,666 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

Bought it today - to the surprise of no one.

have next week off work, can't wait til 6pm Tuesday, gonna be so hype.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,470 ✭✭✭SolvableKnave

Bought it weeks ago.

giphy.gif

I haven't.

Yet.

After the last trailer and info I've been reading though, I probably will. Dammit.

Tazzimus wrote:
    Whats the masterworked Acrius like? Mag size goes up considerably doesn't it?

Yep upto 6 in a mag and increased reload speed.

It's honestly godly on strike bosses.

Also you'll melt a dog in the gardens with a grenade and an acrius clip with time to spare.

And on bathers you can 2 tap the elites who then drop 3 ammo so it's effective as well.

So... Be honest, who has bought Forsaken?

I'll start!

Nope.

Got it yesterday, I'll Contine to get my moneys worth even though it will no doubt let me down again

Acrius MW is brilliant, would prefer the Zenit shotgun over it if not MW.

Yes, I got 4SAKN and played Gambit just there for a bit and its actual quite good.

I'm missing the gambit trial, is it good?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,543 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

Gambit is good so far, should be good craic with comms so I'll be up for a bash of it later if anyone wants in? Will be about 8-9 before I get on

• Advertisement

Kimbot wrote:
    Gambit is good so far, should be good craic with comms so I'll be up for a bash of it later if anyone wants in? Will be about 8-9 before I get on

It's finished at 6 isn't it?

Advertisement