Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Destiny General Discussion 2.0

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,013 ✭✭✭✭Wonda-Boy

Bravo lads, deffo would of had it last week but for lads leaving for various reason....roll on the Prestige!!!

Emblem is nice too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 648 ✭✭✭SeanHarty

So in other words you guys will be able to carry me through the new raid lair???:p

• Registered Users Posts: 10,013 ✭✭✭✭Wonda-Boy

Ahh you will be well able for it noob, but then again its not your typcial shoot ****e in the face run its much more technical. But great fun....

Wonda-Boy wrote: »
    Ahh you will be well able for it noob, but then again its not your typcial shoot ****e in the face run its much more technical. But great fun....

Ah don't worry I've changed my play style, I shoot ****e in the face from range with my better devils now.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,068 ✭✭✭✭My name is URL

Don't really like SMGs in this game but just trying the Trials one (Adjudicator) out in PvP atm and it's kinda awesome.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,935 ✭✭✭Tazzimus

Some interesting reading for the raid lair from a Reddit thread.
    We were having trouble with the wipe phase mostly, this probably explains why.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/10QCbk3DTtRHXiLXn3nfRhAyi3L2YthRS/view

• Registered Users Posts: 45,661 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

Finally got the raid completed, took way longer that I'd like to have thought it would!

Went with just the single dps phase per wipe mechanic, we just weren't getting the dps without the cannons for the two phase strat. Went a lot better when we went back to single phase strat and using three cannons for dps.

Almost screwed the pooch at the end having not got him killed on the third dps but we got there by the skin of our teeth.

Finally got the raid completed, took way longer that I'd like to have thought it would!

Went with just the single dps phase per wipe mechanic, we just weren't getting the dps without the cannons for the two phase strat. Went a lot better when we went back to single phase strat and using three cannons for dps.

Almost screwed the pooch at the end having not got him killed on the third dps but we got there by the skin of our teeth.

Have to say I found this raid very good, the way its more mechanics is great but there's still ads coming out to take you down, great fun.

I think the dlc was just about worth the money, I've not played it a stupid amount but taking the story new planet and the raid into account it has been pretty decent!

I have a final boss checkpoint if anyone would like it later on let me know, wont get to finish it myself but happy to pass it on.

• Registered Users Posts: 593 ✭✭✭cavemeister

How is everyone getting on with the new 3oC?

Lots of posts online saying it's broken and instead of adding a % increase, it's adding a % decrease!

That being said, I got 2 exotic drops from 6 Heroic strikes at the weekend.

How is everyone getting on with the new 3oC?

Lots of posts online saying it's broken and instead of adding a % increase, it's adding a % decrease!

That being said, I got 2 exotic drops from 6 Heroic strikes at the weekend.

For all the strikes I ran.... I never thought to pop one. Not used one at all so far.

Deej said Bungie will have some info on 3oC today, they are investigating.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,125 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

I used two 3oC, and I didn't get a single exotic from strikes, and only one from a public event.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,543 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

Used one the other night doing Raid/Crucible/Public Events and got about 3/4 exotics in all.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,935 ✭✭✭Tazzimus

jonnycivic wrote: »
    Used one the other night doing Raid/Crucible/Public Events and got about 3/4 exotics in all.
    Ah you're an exotic magnet as it is.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,543 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

Tazzimus wrote: »
    Ah you're an exotic magnet as it is.

True that haha, I'm only missing about 4 now which isnt bad considering I have hardly played it.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,125 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

I think all I'm missing at this point is Legend of Acrius, Crimson, and The Colony. Might be missing some of the armour pieces, but I don't really keep track of those ones.

Angron wrote: »
    I think all I'm missing at this point is Legend of Acrius, Crimson, and The Colony. Might be missing some of the armour pieces, but I don't really keep track of those ones.

If only there was someway to know which ones you have and which you don't, like I dunno a kiosk?? I know its a mad idea :pac:

SeanHarty wrote: »
    If only there was someway to know which ones you have and which you don't, like I dunno a kiosk?? I know its a mad idea :pac:

Psh, who has time to look at a thing like that.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,589 ✭✭✭Hail 2 Da Chimp

Here's what I use for tracking my gear: https://destinysets.com/

Finally got the Titan to level 20, so that's all of them levelled up.
    Still need to do CoO with the Hunter and Titan but no rush there :eek:

I had enough Crucible rep tokens to get a full set of Crucible armour too :cool:

Here's what I use for tracking my gear: https://destinysets.com/

Chimp I really think we should both get Sea of Thieves so when we attack someone's both we I can just scream "Chimp AHOY!"

• Advertisement

The Destiny app shows you in collections whats missing etc :P

jonnycivic wrote: »
    The Destiny app shows you in collections whats missing etc :P

So it does. So yeah, missing the three guns I mentioned (need to do Arms Dealer for Legend of Acrius), have all Titan exotic armour, missing a couple of the armour pieces for Hunter and Warlock.

• Registered Users Posts: 593 ✭✭✭cavemeister

Angron wrote: »

I'm missing the Rat King - Saw the hoops you need to jump through to get it and thought it would be too much of a pain in the @ss to be bothered.

Is it decent?

I'm missing the Rat King - Saw the hoops you need to jump through to get it and thought it would be too much of a pain in the @ss to be bothered.

Is it decent?

Not really. On its own it's not as good as other exotics, I've never run it with a team though. Everyone just prefers to use other guns in my experience.

Chimp I really think we should both get Sea of Thieves so when we attack someone's both we I can just scream "Chimp AHOY!"

I've bought games for less content (No Mans Sky, Destiny 2 :pac:)!

I've bought games for less content (No Mans Sky, Destiny 2 :pac:)!

Just think of how happy it'll make me to be able to shout that and it actually make sense!

• Registered Users Posts: 25,068 ✭✭✭✭My name is URL

Fall of Osiris web-comic is out for anyone that can be arsed reading it

https://comics.bungie.net/

• Registered Users Posts: 981 ✭✭✭wexdevil

Fall of Osiris web-comic is out for anyone that can be arsed reading it

https://comics.bungie.net/

There's also a code for an ingame emblem

(XFVKHPN97 for the lazy, redeem on bungie.net )

I GOT MY JADE RABBIT BACK!

Its not as good as it used to be.... BUT I GOT MY JADE RABBIT BACK!

• Advertisement

I GOT MY JADE RABBIT BACK!

Its not as good as it used to be.... BUT I GOT MY JADE RABBIT BACK!

Never had one :(

Finished off the raid lair last night! Pretty good addition to the game!

Advertisement