Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Destiny General Discussion 2.0

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,587 ✭✭✭✭AdamD

Unlocked the new solar hunter super from the mission. Then did the well activity (court of oryx style thing) and got some drop that you can use to unlock another new super...

We were doing a tier 2 so was intense enough, realised I was using the wrong nightstalker tree and wasn't making enough orbs so went to change, clicked the tree below the one I was using which...turned out to be the new nightstalker one so unlocked it by mistake :pac:

Seems decent but wasn't the plan!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,549 ✭✭✭jcd5971

The new arc warlock super is very good, I was unsold at first as its very short, but Jaysus anything it hits is dead.

]Also the mele being a projectile is great when you get used to it, surprisingly effective in PvP for getting someone running away, or to start an engagement.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,935 ✭✭✭Tazzimus

jcd5971 wrote: »
    The new arc warlock super is very good, I was unsold at first as its very short, but Jaysus anything it hits is dead.

]Also the mele being a projectile is great when you get used to it, surprisingly effective in PvP for getting someone running away, or to start an engagement.
    That's next on my list and then the Dawnblade one.

Voidlock super is fairly cool, dropping into a mob like a big purple grenade :)

• Registered Users Posts: 10,350 ✭✭✭✭AbusesToilets

New nightstalker super tree is class. Basically Arc blade from Y1. Could see it getting nerfed cause people hate fun lol

• Registered Users Posts: 981 ✭✭✭wexdevil

Got forsaken today, I'm 501 and I have only done the story up until the spider bounties.

Going through it slowly(havent even done the new subclasses yet)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,727 ✭✭✭amadablam

Got forsaken and annual pass yesterday on xbox.

Never received the spark of light?

Anyone else have this issue?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,590 ✭✭✭sniper_samurai

amadablam wrote: »

Check the Postmaster for all your characters.

I didn't receive one either, but all my characters were already at the previous level cap.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,574 ✭✭✭EoinHef

Is the spark not only usable on the character select screen?

Dont think we get it in inventory like in Destiny 1

• Registered Users Posts: 709 ✭✭✭goon_magee

amadablam wrote: »

Spark of light isn't an inventory item this time, it just appears beside your character select screen. Blue diamond shape. Should be there when you log in.

EoinHef wrote: »
    Is the spark not only usable on the character select screen?

Dont think we get it in inventory like in Destiny 1

Thanks lads.

Yeah it's supposed to be on the character select screen but I never got one.

All characters were level 30 is that why you don't get it? I thought you could restart a character and use it?

My mistake, im an idiot, hadn't realised it was just if you were not at level 30 already :o

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,013 ✭✭✭✭Wonda-Boy

#GRINDISREAL

Main Warlock is 520 now....hard grind. So easy ranking up the 2nd he is already 500 and not even finished the story.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,088 ✭✭✭Static M.e.

I infused my 380 Whisper to 500 last night using a Grenade Launcher...which was surprising...but worth it.

Finally reached the Dreaming City last night at LL 515. It's going to be a bit of slog...but I'm still enjoying it a lot. For a casual player there seems to be loads of stuff to do.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,470 ✭✭✭SolvableKnave

For a casual player there seems to be loads of stuff to do.

Weekly Reset (9 per week per char):
    1 - Complete 3 Daily Heroic Story Missions
    1 - Complete 3 Vanguard Strikes
    1 - Complete 1 Nightfall
    1 - Complete 1 Nightfall with a score above 100k
    1 - Complete 3 Gambit Matches
    1 - Complete 5 Crucible matches
    1 - Complete Flashpoint
    1 - Complete 5,000 XP worth of Clan Bounties
    1 - Complete 1 Weekly Spider Wanted "Heroic" Bounty

Daily Reset (14 per week per char):
    7 - Complete 1 PVP/Gambit/Strike/Adventure (One of these made available every day, stacks up to four if not completed daily, max 7 completions per week)
    7 - Daily Prime Engram with Buff

Unsure which of these are absolutely coming back next week (Potentially 4 more per week per char):
    1 - Complete 1 Ascendant Challenge Bounty for Petra (Dreaming City)
    1 - Complete 8 Daily Bounties for Petra (Dreaming City)
    1 - Complete 3 Weekly Bounties for Petra (Dreaming City)
    1 - Complete Ikora's Weekly Challenge (Either the 0/3 Challanges or 0/20 Bounties, maybe both again?)
    1 - Complete a Strike with Full Set of S4 Strike armor on
    1 - Win a Gambit match with Full Set of S4 Gambit armor on
    1 - Win a Crucible match with Full Set of S4 Crucible armor on

Other Potential Sources:
    4 - Sloane's Clan Engrams (Nightfall/Raid/Crucible/Gambit) Think he meant Hawthorne, unless I'm missing something with Sloane
    ? - Crucible and Gambit Rank ups and Rank Resets

Random Powerful Drops (Potentially unlimited):
    Additional Prime Engrams
    Exotic World Drops

Still Yet To Come (TDB):
    ? - New Raid Drops

That was taken from reddit.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,709 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

Tempted to buy forsaken, i loved the base game but got bored with a week as there was no endgame to speak.
    Im hearing things have changed bigtime with forsaken, anyone care to sum up what endgame is on offer?
    Baring in mind i regularly play games on PC with robust endgame like POE,Diablo3,WOW etc whose endgame is the soul reason these games exist and survive for years and years..

• Registered Users Posts: 7,636 ✭✭✭Doctor Jimbob

Dcully wrote: »
    Tempted to buy forsaken, i loved the base game but got bored with a week as there was no endgame to speak.
    Im hearing things have changed bigtime with forsaken, anyone care to sum up what endgame is on offer?
    Baring in mind i regularly play games on PC with robust endgame like POE,Diablo3,WOW etc whose endgame is the soul reason these games exist and survive for years and years..

There's a whole endgame zone to explore with challenging content for solo/smaller groups which is apparently going to evolve over time, progression is slower so you don't just jump to max power within a week of max level, and weapons have random rolls so there's more of an incentive to grind.

It's a significant step up from the base game IMO, but from my admittedly limited experience of the games you mentioned (played a fair bit of FF14 though which I've heard is quite similar to WoW) I don't think it's going to compare with those in terms of the sheer diversity of things to do.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 689 ✭✭✭Ray Bloody Purchase

I have the vanilla version of Destiny 2. Is there any need to own the other content/DLC before buying the Forsaken?

• Registered Users Posts: 45,666 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

I have the vanilla version of Destiny 2. Is there any need to own the other content/DLC before buying the Forsaken?

yes, unfortunately you need to previous two DLC released (Curse of Osiris and Warmind) for Forsaken.

I think you can buy a package of the lot, but i'm not sure.

yes, unfortunately you need to previous two DLC released (Curse of Osiris and Warmind) for Forsaken.

I think you can buy a package of the lot, but i'm not sure.

FFS. The robbin bastids!!! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 10,575 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

If you are on PS I think the two DLCs were 17 for both last week and obviously you would need the forsaken one also...

I think it's 40 standalone

Fieldog wrote: »
    If you are on PS I think the two DLCs were 17 for both last week and obviously you would need the forsaken one also...

I think it's 40 standalone
    That's not too bad, herself is stuck for ideas for a birthday present for me, so i might point her in that direction.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,590 ✭✭✭sniper_samurai

If you are in no hurry expect them to eventually bundle Curse of Osiris and Warmind into the Forsaken purchase, this happened with Taken King in Destiny 1 as well. Iirc this happened around Christmas.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,549 ✭✭✭jcd5971

What I really don't like is that they make you buy both expansions, a bit ****ty but OK at least I have a lot of content.

But if you then use the boost to be able to play forsaken story, you can't do the osiris or warmind expansion campaign, seems a tad u fair to me.
    Yes you can start a new character but that's an awful lot of hassle and grind especially if your a casual player.

Was playing with someone yesterday who had this dilemma, and was a bit annoyed over it.

What I really don't like is that they make you buy both expansions, a bit ****ty but OK at least I have a lot of content.

But if you then use the boost to be able to play forsaken story, you can't do the osiris or warmind expansion campaign, seems a tad u fair to me.
    Yes you can start a new character but that's an awful lot of hassle and grind especially if your a casual player.

Was playing with someone yesterday who had this dilemma, and was a bit annoyed over it.

But you have the option of not using the boost, completing those two and then using it?

Even a casual player could run bother COO and Warmind in a day, no hassle.

Id never use a spark of light for anything other than a new character.

It would be far more unfair on the regular player base, to allow new players to use the spark to jump in and then also have the luxury of being able to do everything in the previous expansions after they hit 500 light or level 50. Even more so to allow them to go back with over powered weapons and builds to go through the story they could easily do in the first place if they purchased it.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,935 ✭✭✭Tazzimus

It seems like a lot of people used the spark, going by the amount of cabbages at level 50 that don't know how to make most of the PE's heroic

Tazzimus wrote: »
    It seems like a lot of people used the spark, going by the amount of cabbages at level 50 that don't know how to make most of the PE's heroic

I hear ya there! I've changed my emotes to try and communicate with them at times but I usually end up racing to try and get it triggered before they have it completed :D

• Registered Users Posts: 12,587 ✭✭✭✭AdamD

Spark only got me from level 20 - 30 on my 2nd character

• Registered Users Posts: 5,574 ✭✭✭EoinHef

Lvl 30 is the starting point for forsaken so that sounds right.

Used my spark just last night on a new character. Wanna try out the warlock but dont have the will to power through the campaign again.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,013 ✭✭✭✭Wonda-Boy

Looking forward to the raid now on Friday.....hopefully get two teams into it at the same time and see who wins!!!! I might have to stack the cards on this one.....lol.

Not going to be anywhere near the light level required (550 I think) but should be only 15-20 light below it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,567 ✭✭✭DeSelby83

Put destiny on last night for the first time in about 6 months. Man it's a lot of fun. I have the first 2 expansions, haven't played them but I don't have forsaken but was wondering has there been any major changes with the forsaken patch?

Advertisement