Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Destiny General Discussion 2.0

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,352 ✭✭✭✭AbusesToilets

Have Bungie said anything in relation to cross platform accounts?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,470 ✭✭✭SolvableKnave

Have Bungie said anything in relation to cross platform accounts?

Not that I'm aware of. It would only benefit those that aren't PS4 anyway, due to Sony's policy on it.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,709 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

Sorry, was implying the boards community when I said that, not the overall Destiny Community. If Vicarious Visions hadn't hit the ball out of the park when they built the PC version, it could have gone very badly. They really nailed it.

My one wish for Destiny endgame would be for it to be similar to Diablo, in relation to Greater Rifts. I'm sure there is some technical difficulties preventing it, as they had a template for it with Infinite Forest, but that turned out to be not so infinite. Would also like a Transmog system, again similar to Diablo / WoW versions.

Totally agree, im a big diablo3 fan [season 15 starts tomorrow] also path of exile and world of warcraft, games with fantastic endgame.

Yes they done a hell of a job on the PC version, baring in mind im on a 5 year old PC with only an i5 2500K and GTX 970 onboard and getting huge framerates at 2560X1440 resolution.
    Add in the always great gunplay and now endgame im very happy with the current state of the game.
    Im only back playing a week or so after quitting 3 weeks into vanilla destiny2.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 8,766 Mod ✭✭✭✭mossym

i would love if they had cross platform syncing, i'm bang up to date on xbox, two characters in the 52x to 53x and a third i'm letting sit for a while before i replay forsaken. can pick up the entire game for pc for 40 euros including all expansions to date, but the idea of starting everything again is putting me off, i don't want cross platform play, but cross platform progress/stash syncing would be superb.

i had the same issue with division, would have loved it there too

• Registered Users Posts: 5,574 ✭✭✭EoinHef

Bought the PC version when my TV died and couldnt get on PS4. Not gonna lie,im slogging through the main campaign now and it does feel tedious. Im getting through it quick but its just not fun givin the amount of times ive done it.

Was tempted to use the spark but seeing as it bars you from everything pre forsaken (used it on warlock on PS4)i decided not too. Also found that once the first character is through the levelling is so much quicker for the second so ill get there in the end.

PC version is what all modern PC titles should be,not the usual poorly performing ports that are so common on PC.

Have a Pro now and a 4k TV with decent HDR,nice improvement over the vanilla PS4. Never had an issue playing on either platform though,the vanilla PS4 was grand imo.

Agree totally with knave also,this game is built for co-op.

• Advertisement

EoinHef wrote: »
    PC version is what all modern PC titles should be,not the usual poorly performing ports that are so common on PC.

Bungie knew they needed to succeed on PC. Bungie knew a straight port just wouldn't cut it. Vicarious Visions did a masterful job of building it from the ground up. I may be on the PS4, but I can agree the PC version is just .... buttery smooth.

mossym wrote: »
    i would love if they had cross platform syncing, i'm bang up to date on xbox, two characters in the 52x to 53x and a third i'm letting sit for a while before i replay forsaken. can pick up the entire game for pc for 40 euros including all expansions to date, but the idea of starting everything again is putting me off, i don't want cross platform play, but cross platform progress/stash syncing would be superb.

i had the same issue with division, would have loved it there too

Do it!
    I only bought the DLC last week, granted i had 2 character at lvl 20 but wasnt long at all getting to 50 at LL 526 now.
    Only negative about Forsaken is crucible is a joke now supers everywhere with 12 players per map.
    They need to do something there.
    Gambit however i could play forever.

Iron banner 524 engrams gave me 506 gear twice just there now, wtf?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,568 ✭✭✭DeSelby83

Sorry don't want to derail the forsaken discussion but can I level a second character in crucible or do I have do go through the story again?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,971 ✭✭✭OptimusTractor

DeSelby83 wrote: »
    Sorry don't want to derail the forsaken discussion but can I level a second character in crucible or do I have do go through the story again?

You can use the crucible to level your character but you'll still have to do the story to unlock certain modes

• Registered Users Posts: 2,568 ✭✭✭DeSelby83

You can use the crucible to level your character but you'll still have to do the story to unlock certain modes
    Am I just better off to get through the campaign as quick as I can so I open all available modes?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,971 ✭✭✭OptimusTractor

Am I just better off to get through the campaign as quick as I can so I open all available modes?

Probably. Use crucible for xp and boost yourself a few levels.

• Registered Users Posts: 278 ✭✭Daraa

after all my moaning about Edge Transits... redeem go and beat Riven just using Edge Transits!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v4VUQItXtuo&t

• Registered Users Posts: 2,505 ✭✭✭Titzon Toast

Has anyone else gotten their hands on The Lord of Wolves exotic shotgun yet?
    I got one the other day and it's an absolute beast.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,587 ✭✭✭✭AdamD

Nah but got killed by it a few times last night. Played a fair amount of IB and got the full gear a fair few times on Hunter. As it was 10 tokens for a win and more for bounties I've pretty much decided to commit to IB armour and get as much as possible in my vault for whatever loadout I need.

Managed to end up with:
    Helmet - Hand Cannon Targeting and Shotgun Reserves
    Gloves - Hand Cannon Loader and Shotgun Scavenger
    Chest - Unflinching Hand Cannon Aim
    Boots Hand Cannon Dexterity / Stompees

Thinking of using 3 super mods and 2 grenade mods

Which suits my current set up of Ace of Spades + Shotgun

Hoping to finish the Luna's Howl Quest next week. Its a bit of a beast but I'm down to needing about 20 solar kills then 100 HC headshots in comp. Then will try some Luna + Chaperone

Double Valour Weekend this weekend as well if anyone is doing the Broadsword quest this season.
    Double Valor Weekend

Start: 10 AM PDT on September 21

End: 10 AM PDT on September 25

What you guys think of all these glitches for opening raid boss loot popping up on youtube?
    Personally i think its BS, only way to get this gear should be through the proper means, stuff like this would never make it into world of warcraft etc.

Dcully wrote: »
    What you guys think of all these glitches for opening raid boss loot popping up on youtube?
    Personally i think its BS, only way to get this gear should be through the proper means, stuff like this would never make it into world of warcraft etc.

You mean with the secret wall thingy? Or the actual glitching into the raid area?

The secret wall thing is a mechanic Bungie added to the game, so as such, I would not call that a glitch or a hack. Going under the map to glitch in is ****ty and should be stopped.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,549 ✭✭✭jcd5971

AdamD wrote:
    Hoping to finish the Luna's Howl Quest next week. Its a bit of a beast but I'm down to needing about 20 solar kills then 100 HC headshots in comp. Then will try some Luna + Chaperone

I have done the solar kills and the 100HC headshots now.
    Last step is get to fabled rank In comp.

That's the tough bit, I'm around 1100 now so going well.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,222 ✭✭✭Calvin

Got back into Destiny last week since D2 was free for PS+. Finished the main campaign and hit 258 light, what’s the max without dlc ?

Got a legendary alien head looking thing as well from an engram. Anyone know what it is? I activated it but I don’t see anything different

• Registered Users Posts: 7,590 ✭✭✭sniper_samurai

Got back into Destiny last week since D2 was free for PS+. Finished the main campaign and hit 258 light, what’s the max without dlc ?

Got a legendary alien head looking thing as well from an engram. Anyone know what it is? I activated it but I don’t see anything different

The max for year 1 players is 400, but that is with CoO and Warmind. I think the max for vanilla is 300LL.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,587 ✭✭✭✭AdamD

jcd5971 wrote: »
    I have done the solar kills and the 100HC headshots now.
    Last step is get to fabled rank In comp.

That's the tough bit, I'm around 1100 now so going well.

Have the 2100 myself just need to do those steps. Can we swap :D

I don't know how anyone listens to him. Nothing about the actual fights just stirring **** and taking digs at UFC.Really gave up on it when he cried live on air. What a steamer. No real guests but Anik an Florian is the best mma podcast I can find.

AdamD wrote:
    Have the 2100 myself just need to do those steps. Can we swap

Not for all the tea in China lol.

Finally got to 2100 this morning, got the gun, haven't played with it yet had to go to work but phew what a grind

AdamD wrote:
    Have the 2100 myself just need to do those steps. Can we swap

I'd recommend trust (gambit) or nature of beast for energy and West of sunfall or service pistol as kinetic.

Basically the 180 rate handcannons, they are really consistent in comp.

I tried ace of spades but unless you are criting every shot its too unforgiving.

Giving the game a whirl again after a long break, working my way through the year 1 DLC, and then I will make a decision on Forsaken.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,632 ✭✭✭Glebee

Giving the game a whirl again after a long break, working my way through the year 1 DLC, and then I will make a decision on Forsaken.

Same here, original DLC half price at the moment.

Try not to base your decision on the DLC. Warmind is better than COO though. Forsaken has brought me back into playing Destiny. I've resubscribed to /r/dtg, textting clan mates all day and looking forward to getting home every night to grind out a powerful engram.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,505 ✭✭✭Titzon Toast

Daraa wrote: »
    Try not to base your decision on the DLC. Warmind is better than COO though. Forsaken has brought me back into playing Destiny. I've resubscribed to /r/dtg, textting clan mates all day and looking forward to getting home every night to grind out a powerful engram.

Same as that, I haven't had a proper nights sleep since Forsaken dropped. Can't wait to get stuck back in tonight either.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 8,766 Mod ✭✭✭✭mossym

yup, so much, maybe too much to do now. hadn't really touched it since it came out first, hadn't done warmind nor COO. so got through those and forsaken. then realized you needed some of the guns. got ace of spades last night. now working on the sleeper simulant, but while you are doing that you're not chasing light level as much as you should be, and then i still need to level up my warlock and and and and and and...

• Registered Users Posts: 13,408 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

it's a serious slog to get from the end of forsaken to the end game. The barons thing went on forever, then kill all these bosses, then kill more enemies, do a public event, another quest......ffs and I have to do this twice more? I just want to solo the raid chest.

• Advertisement

Daraa wrote: »

That's a fair point.
    Ah I've been watching some more streams lately, and it feels almost a given that I will get Forsaken.
    I'll be happy to get back to raiding and PVPing.
    gimli2112 wrote: »
    it's a serious slog to get from the end of forsaken to the end game. The barons thing went on forever, then kill all these bosses, then kill more enemies, do a public event, another quest......ffs and I have to do this twice more? I just want to solo the raid chest.
    How much booze have you gotten through with one character so far, Gim?

Advertisement