Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Destiny General Discussion 2.0

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,590 ✭✭✭sniper_samurai

nix wrote: »
    Wheres the option to que for raids? I wanted to do leviathan the other day but could only load in solo :(

Also, anybody in any decent clans? looking for one thats fairly active

Select the orange icon beside the raid to solo queue for a guided game. Its slow though due to groups being restricted to having members of only a single clan.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,549 ✭✭✭jcd5971

nix wrote:
    Also, anybody in any decent clans? looking for one thats fairly active

There was a split and there are two clans now boards and S*O*.

Both are present on the boards and are mainly ps4.

Boards is to the best of my knowledge organised a lot on discord, wheres s*o* is on psn message group.

I can't speak for boards I'm sure one of their lads will set you right there.

But s*o* is very active we'd have about 10+ people one most nights.

We've Sherpa'd several guys to their first raid recently and myself and a few more are active in PvP every night.

So you have optionsðŸ˜

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 8,766 Mod ✭✭✭✭mossym

is there any active xbox groups on boards?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,909 ✭✭✭nix

Doesn't boards.ie have a clan?

If its the one in the thread at the top of the page, it appears so, but theres hardly anybody in it :(

EDIT: Sorry, forgot to mention im on PC

Select the orange icon beside the raid to solo queue for a guided game. Its slow though due to groups being restricted to having members of only a single clan.

Not seeing that option :(

• Advertisement

nix wrote:
    EDIT: Sorry, forgot to mention im on PC

Can't help you there then sorry.
    Just move to console, sure its only about the performance of a masey Ferguson an all and your frames will drop lower than a Nikki minaj music video whoever you get an engrams...

jcd5971 wrote: »
    Can't help you there then sorry.
    Just move to console, sure its only about the performance of a masey Ferguson an all and your frames will drop lower than a Nikki minaj music video whoever you get an engrams...

haha, no can do, i hate fps on joypad. It would be like changing from basketball to wheelchair basketball :pac:

nix wrote:
    haha, no can do, i hate fps on joypad. It would be like changing from basketball to wheelchair basketball

More like moving from basketball to competitive sequined knitting in the over 85s category with special dispensation for cataracts

• Registered Users Posts: 830 ✭✭✭nevelator

More like moving from basketball to competitive sequined knitting in the over 85s category with special dispensation for cataracts

I googled that and it is a thing, your interests are varied jcd!

nevelator wrote:

Nev you have to be good at something in life.

• Advertisement

Not seeing that option :(

That is odd. The icon should be beside the raid activity and the. Nightfall as shown in the image below.

destiny-2-guided-games.jpg

nevelator wrote:

On a different note are you still playing Nev? Haven't seen you around in ages.
    How's the Russian mates.

That is odd. The icon should be beside the raid activity and the. Nightfall as shown in the image below.

Is it the same in PC?

Is it the same in PC?

Guided games are available on PC. Not sure if they've been activated for the Last Wish raid yet. I think they have been though.

• Registered Users Posts: 830 ✭✭✭nevelator

On a different note are you still playing Nev? Haven't seen you around in ages.
    How's the Russian mates.

On most nights, really enjoying the expansion. I think the Russian lads figured me out for noob fairly early :)

• Registered Users Posts: 45,672 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

so, a few weeks in to Forsaken and I reckon €40 is well worth it for this expansion.

Raid looks awesome, but i've barely scratched it.
    Dreaming City is amazing, as are the changes to it.
    Blind Well is MEH currently - no weapons worth the time.
    Tangled Shore is a great location too.

Changes in pvp have got the community going again.

Not played the new maps or mode yet (released yesterday).

Warden of Nothing strike was great fun.
    Corrupted strike is AMAZING.

Still room to improve though - i think there needs to be far more guns, even accounting for Random Rolls. I think the economy needs to be looked at and armor needs to be looked at too.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,232 ✭✭✭ferrigan101

mossym wrote: »
    is there any active xbox groups on boards?

There is indeed. Search for Irish Boards XBL I think. Or add me on the friends list and I'll get one of the admins to add you. There's normally a good few on of an evening now.

Edit - I have you on the friends list already mossy!

so, a few weeks in to Forsaken and I reckon €40 is well worth it for this expansion.

Raid looks awesome, but i've barely scratched it. Dreaming City is amazing, as are the changes to it. Blind Well is MEH currently - no weapons worth the time. Tangled Shore is a great location too.

Yep it's nice that gambit lunas howl and redrix quest, actually give you a grind to chase and reward investment.

I'm loving the pcp right now, and the new game mode breakthrough is great craic altogether.

My one complaint is masterwork cores... Why have they "forsaken" me.

Guided games are available on PC. Not sure if they've been activated for the Last Wish raid yet. I think they have been though.

oh so the raids yer speaking of are the nightfall 1-3 men?

I was thinking 6 man raids :D

I havent high enough power to do the nightfalls yet, currently at 515

Any recomendations on what to do on my way to 540power?

Currently im just doing weeklies, which ive nearly all done now. Outside them, whats a good thing to do to grind the gear levels?

I keep getting engrams awarded randomly it appears, do they just get awarded randomly or how are they done?

oh so the raids yer speaking of are the nightfall 1-3 men?

I was thinking 6 man raids :D

I havent high enough power to do the nightfalls yet, currently at 515

Any recomendations on what to do on my way to 540power?

Currently im just doing weeklies, which ive nearly all done now. Outside them, whats a good thing to do to grind the gear levels?

I keep getting engrams awarded randomly it appears, do they just get awarded randomly or how are they done?

The image shows the icon beside the Nightfall node. Guided Games are available for the Raids and Raid Lairs too. 515 is high enough for the nightfall if you use Sleeper with solar singe and heavyweight as the modifiers.

As for gear, you also get powerful gear for some of the bounties, the daily activity, gambit/valor/glory rank ups before your first reset, tier 4 Blind Well and the Shattered Throne dungeon(590LL activity)

• Advertisement

The image shows the icon beside the Nightfall node. Guided Games are available for the Raids and Raid Lairs too. 515 is high enough for the nightfall if you use Sleeper with solar singe and heavyweight as the modifiers.

As for gear, you also get powerful gear for some of the bounties, the daily activity, gambit/valor/glory rank ups before your first reset, tier 4 Blind Well and the Shattered Throne dungeon(590LL activity)

ah ha, i think i found it, on the image you showed it just says "Recommended power level 540" so i never clicked into the orange nightfall icon. Just did there and "Seeker" and "Guide" show up. So i take it i que "Seeker"? Also i have a friend i play with can we que in this together as a duo?

Also i keep seeing "Blind well" showing up in my scanning of destiny 2 reddits, where do i access it? Is it a specific strike on a planet? worth farming?

Sorry with all the Q's, im a noob and only playing a week :p:pac:

Thanks a mil!

nix wrote:
    Also i keep seeing "Blind well" showing up in my scanning of destiny 2 reddits, where do i access it? Is it a specific strike on a planet? worth farming?

nix wrote:
    Sorry with all the Q's, im a noob and only playing a week

nix wrote:
    Thanks a mil!

No bother welcome to the grind.

Blind well is in the dreaming city and it is forsaken version of escalation protocol from warmind.

There is a map marker on dreaming city for blind well.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,052 ✭✭✭ImANoob08

Hey stay in your lane.

I'm the only Noob here!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,632 ✭✭✭Glebee

On PC here and only playing through Curse of Osisis at the moment. Any suggestions what to do, do I just continue playing through story mode with the odd strike / Knightfall / raid until im eventually ready for Forsken?

Glebee wrote:
    On PC here and only playing through Curse of Osisis at the moment. Any suggestions what to do, do I just continue playing through story mode with the odd strike / Knightfall / raid until im eventually ready for Forsken?

Burn through osiris as quick as you can because it's the poorest DLC of the lot.

Warmind is leagues better
    And forsaken is fantastic

Glebee wrote: »

Yeah just burn through it stick to the main story, i grinded from level 1 to 50 on my first character and i was doing everything on my way through the game, by the time i got to forsaken i was like level 40 something.. Forsaken is accessible at level 30, so i advise to just stick to main story missions. Unless of course you're a completionist or also if you just enjoy doing all the missions, go for it. ;)

But eh, yeah alot of stuff to do at end of game anyway :pac:

Ok so reason i think i havent stumbled upon the blind well yet is i just dont think ive reached it. I just finished the talisman (got distracted with bounties and gambit) and now ive a mission to go to the dreaming city to meet up with yer whan, mission is called "Beyond the watch tower", so i figure im heading towards it?

nix wrote:
    Ok so reason i think i havent stumbled upon the blind well yet is i just dont think ive reached it. I just finished the talisman (got distracted with bounties and gambit) and now ive a mission to go to the dreaming city to meet up with yer whan, mission is called "Beyond the watch tower", so i figure im heading towards it?

Yep

• Registered Users Posts: 12,587 ✭✭✭✭AdamD

Raid looks awesome, but i've barely scratched it.
    Dreaming City is amazing, as are the changes to it.
    Blind Well is MEH currently - no weapons worth the time.
    Tangled Shore is a great location too.

Not played the new maps or mode yet (released yesterday).

Warden of Nothing strike was great fun.
    Corrupted strike is AMAZING.

Still room to improve though - i think there needs to be far more guns, even accounting for Random Rolls. I think the economy needs to be looked at and armor needs to be looked at too.

Only played 1 game in that mode last night but seemed to come across a massive flaw already? Theres 3 points, your base, the middle (neutral) and the enemy base. From what I could tell you begin the game fighting for the neutral base, once captured you move towards capturing the enemy base. Pretty similar to War on Cod. However from the rounds I played, if my team capped the middle base but didn't succeed in capturing the enemy base we got the loss.

So it would go - we capture middle, objective moves to capturing enemy base. Enemy spawns beside their base so this is a lot more difficult - they defend base - we get the loss.

Which is well, D1Y1 Salvage levels of idiotic logic. So the best tactic from what I could see would be to just let the opposition cap middle then defend your base for 2 mins and win the game? Now maybe I've understood this wrong but I don't think I did.

Actually:
    At the beginning of each round, players will fight to capture a central zone. Once the zone is captured, your team will deploy the Breaker. As players work to deploy the Breaker, the zone can be contested, resulting in an epic tug-of-war between the two teams. Once the Breaker is captured, it will be used to assault and hack the enemy team’s Vault.

If you hack the enemy team’s Vault, you win the round. If you fail to hack the enemy team’s Vault within the round time limit, you lose. If you are in the process of hacking the enemy team’s Vault when time runs out, you will enter Sudden Death until you either hack the Vault, or the enemy removes all your progress.

^ as per Bungie - yeah very very flawed game mode.

managed to get some potatoes in my first round though :pac: :

• Advertisement

AdamD wrote:
    managed to get some potatoes in my first round though :

The defenders spawn timer gets longer the more you kill I noticed.

I got an invite to play with some of the guys I ground out luna with and we won most games due to Co ordination.

You capture middle then blitz the defenders with your supers and heavy.

If you just truckle in one by one your done.

It reminded me of an overwatch type mode.

Just a shame its getting locked behind comp play list so most won't play it again.

Advertisement