Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Destiny General Discussion 2.0

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,141 ✭✭✭Yakuza

Looking forward to getting back into it. Been offline with study for the last while, exam on Friday so I should start to get back online from this weekend. I've done some of the missions to avenge our favourite hunter and have been impressed with Gambit (but not that impressive *cough*)

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 8,766 Mod ✭✭✭✭mossym

There is indeed. Search for Irish Boards XBL I think. Or add me on the friends list and I'll get one of the admins to add you. There's normally a good few on of an evening now.

Edit - I have you on the friends list already mossy!

cheers for that, possibly from division days i would suspect

i;ve joined the boards clan now, got accepted,so hopefully get to make up a few fireteams with others in the clan now, had a few games with demeyes last night, much for fun with a bit of chat

read somewhere that running up to the blind well almost guarantees you'll be dropped into a active event rather than riding/driving up. has worked twice for me tonight, second time got into a tier 3 which went all the way to heroic, and boss beaten. nice.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,935 ✭✭✭Tazzimus

Been using the Archons Forge trick of walking up to it from after the stairs.
    Works most of the time.

• Registered Users Posts: 593 ✭✭✭cavemeister

I have been seeing online that since the yesterday, the Ascendant boss will not spawn in Gambit if any of your team have a Sleeper Simulant equipped.

They were talking about the Sleeper in Gambit a few weeks ago.. This is a very clever change to the activity.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,470 ✭✭✭SolvableKnave

I have been seeing online that since the yesterday, the Ascendant boss will not spawn in Gambit if any of your team have a Sleeper Simulant equipped.

They were talking about the Sleeper in Gambit a few weeks ago.. This is a very clever change to the activity.

That can't be true.

That can't be true.

Seems to be.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,549 ✭✭✭jcd5971

That can't be true.

That can't be true.

Seems to be.

Yep dumbest "fix" ever.
    As soon as I get quest back on goes sleeper.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,590 ✭✭✭sniper_samurai

That can't be true.

A lot of people on Reddit corroborating it. Might try it later.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,587 ✭✭✭✭AdamD

Is that whole thread not a piss take?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 45,672 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

I'm gonna solo queue into Gambit, equip Sleeper and check my messages a few hours later

Nah, butthole summon is where it is at.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,709 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

Cant stand that KingGothalion guy, one of the most annoying streamers , up there with lirik and co.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,574 ✭✭✭EoinHef

Most streamers are marmite though arent they

Pretty much.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,574 ✭✭✭EoinHef

Well thats one way to make myself feel like im absolutely terrible at this game,just watched esoterikk do the whisper mission with no weapons only abilities

• Registered Users Posts: 13,408 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

Damn it I posted this earlier but the site crapped out on me. Was moaning about the weapons in 2. In 1 we had Thorn, Fatebringer, Vex Mythoclass, Ghally, VOC, Clever Dragon, The Truth, Suros Regime, Hopscotch Pilgram.......the list goes on and on. Sure some of them were horribly broken but great fun. There's nothing like this in 2.

Still enjoying forsaken but the levelling up's about to become tiresome, currently have all 3 at a.round 515

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,163 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

Is there any point in getting Forsaken before completing the previous two DLC? Just thinking of giving it a go again, but will hold off buying Forsaken if you have to go through the DLC's first.

I hadn't finished some of the DLC after buying the season pass. I'm not sure what bits I did that were part of the DLC and what was forsaken, although I was over levelled for a lot of stuff. I 've pushed three characters past 500 / lvl 50 now and it wasn't a chore.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,587 ✭✭✭✭AdamD

Think you would have enjoyed pushing 1 character to 540 more than 3 to 515 tbh, get to experience more of the new activities etc.

• Advertisement

Yeah probably it's easy get to the end game but am getting my ass handed to me now in the new areas. Could have done with concentrating on the Titan, it's always the Titan.

i'd go ahead and get forsaken now, just for the bit of variety on what to do. it gives you more options on activities, i've my hunter and titan up to 540ish now, took my warlock from 402 to 521 yesterday (hadn't done any of the forsaken stuff on that)

if you are going to get forsaken anyway i'd go ahead and get it, just gives you more choices of what to do

My bank balance will forgive me the €10 for the DLC's, but maybe not the additional €40 for Forsaken :P

Nevermind, it seems like they raised the price of the DLC's back to €20.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,470 ✭✭✭SolvableKnave

Kiith wrote: »
    My bank balance will forgive me the €10 for the DLC's, but maybe not the additional €40 for Forsaken :P

Nevermind, it seems like they raised the price of the DLC's back to €20.

Not sure if this is any help, but it's a great deal for the PS4 version.
    For anyone that hasn't picked up the dlc, Game Collection are selling the Legendary Collection for £29.99 £35 now.

This contains Destiny 2 on disc and a code for all 3 expansions. This is cheaper than buying Forsaken digitally saving about €5. If you don't have the year 1 dlcs it will save you about €22.

https://www.thegamecollection.net/destiny-2-forsaken-legendary-collection-ps4/?tduid=d393cf27e3d3244c68e9f0e4b70f189f

PC only i'm afraid. I might pick them both up at the end of the month, as it's only €44 on cdkeys.

https://www.cdkeys.com/pc/games/destiny-2-forsaken-legendary-collection-pc-cd-key

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,709 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

Seems its gone up in price a bit Kiith but well worth it, its where Destiny 2 should be at, a mountain of weekly stuff to and thats even before you get stuckinto Gambit mode which is like an AAA pvpve game on its own, then you can work on alts but more than likely wont have time.
    Thats all after you complete the campaign which will be about 8 hours for forsaken and longer depending where you left off previously.
    For me i quit 3 weeks after release so i played through curse of osiris and warmind before forsaken.
    I recommend you do that first then do that on one character then go back and use your character boost on another character because if you use the boost on a new character you will miss out on osiris and warmind, its will tell you similar ingame anyways so nothing to worry about.

The game right now is approaching MMO levels of content and activities to do.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,632 ✭✭✭Glebee

Kiith wrote: »
    Is there any point in getting Forsaken before completing the previous two DLC? Just thinking of giving it a go again, but will hold off buying Forsaken if you have to go through the DLC's first.

Do you not have to play through the 2 DLCs to get to level for Forsaken?. Im on Warmind at the moment. Prity decent. Osiris DLC is crap. Got them both for 10 euro last week.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,590 ✭✭✭sniper_samurai

Glebee wrote: »
    Do you not have to play through the 2 DLCs to get to level for Forsaken?. Im on Warmind at the moment. Prity decent. Osiris DLC is crap. Got them both for 10 euro last week.

Around 330LL is probably the minimum you want to be starting the Forsaken dlc.

I got the Ace of Spades yesterday!!
    I was dreading doing this quest mainly due to the 25 handcannon headshots in PvP.

I was surprised how easy it was in the end - Just used Crimson in Rumble and got it completed in only 4 runs.

That was my first time 1. Using Crimson and 2. Using a HC in PvP! Highly recommended.

• Advertisement

there was a time it was practically mandatory to use hand cannons in pvp. still have to try gambit, it just sounds a little stressful

Advertisement