Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Destiny General Discussion 2.0

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 593 ✭✭✭cavemeister

gimli2112 wrote: »
    there was a time it was practically mandatory to use hand cannons in pvp. still have to try gambit, it just sounds a little stressful

They have changed the rules for the Gambit bit. PvE kills now count towards the quest (200 I think) so it's very easy.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,710 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

Love gambit but that sleep simulant thing ruins it, i dont have it myself, im guessing its a real grind?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,590 ✭✭✭sniper_samurai

Dcully wrote: »
    Love gambit but that sleep simulant thing ruins it, i dont have it myself, im guessing its a real grind?

A couple of hours should get it done. Getting the node keys takes longer than opening them, especially if you are using the interactive map of Mars from https://lowlidev.com.au/destiny/

• Registered Users Posts: 7,636 ✭✭✭Doctor Jimbob

It's not bad in terms of the amount of time you have to sink in, one of the steps is just fecking tedious.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 8,766 Mod ✭✭✭✭mossym

some of the steps are okay, some are just awful. at least if you have to kill a large amount of things you can try them in different ways., getting 4 tokens for every one of 6 nodes, then having to go find them, that was a royal pain in the ^%$£. did it last week and was so relieved when it was done. and the n i play a lto of gambit and haven't used it since :)

the ace of spades was much tougher, the headshot kills in crucible were rough(did mine in iron banner matches) and are tough on console at least. but at least i use the AoS all the time.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,587 ✭✭✭✭AdamD

I'm on the node part of that quest, how long do you reckon it takes?

AdamD wrote: »
    I'm on the node part of that quest, how long do you reckon it takes?

depends how many duplicates you get when you get them,once you merge the 4 it can give you one you already have which is a sickener, shouldn't take more than a couple of hours but when you have the 64 you may not be done as you may get a couple of repeats, i did

That's genuinely painful. I will never understand having a quest like that in a video game. Its not supposed to feel like a chore to play

• Registered Users Posts: 45,675 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

mossym wrote: »
    depends how many duplicates you get when you get them,once you merge the 4 it can give you one you already have which is a sickener, shouldn't take more than a couple of hours but when you have the 64 you may not be done as you may get a couple of repeats, i did

Duplicates don't matter for Sleeper. just have to get to 15 done. I know there is something that needs all 40, so dupes matter, but its not sleeper.

Duplicates don't matter for Sleeper. just have to get to 15 done. I know there is something that needs all 40, so dupes matter, but its not sleeper.

The interactive map will keep track of what nodes you have already open and will highlight the location of the node you have the key for which will reduce the time a little bit.

• Advertisement

you need to open 15 though, if you already have one opened you can't open it again can you? if you can then you are good.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,470 ✭✭✭SolvableKnave

This. Duplicate nodes make no difference in getting the Sleeper. It just requires opening 15 of them. That's it. Getting all 40 individual nodes rewards an emblem, that tracks the number of nodes you've done.

There are also a tonne of clips on YouTube telling you the exact location of each one.
    Type the whole code into YT search bar and up each video comes.

Very handy!

There are also a tonne of clips on YouTube telling you the exact location of each one.
    Type the whole code into YT search bar and up each video comes.

Very handy!

The map has YouTube links for the nodes that aren't in plain sight.

Well balls anyway, if you can reopen the same one again and it counts then I wasted half an hour doing that quest, I got two, knew I had opened the and deleted them, and had to go off and get another 8 fragments.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,574 ✭✭✭EoinHef

Didnt really have problems finding most of them,the audio cues are done pretty well imo and the clue in the description was usually enough to find the right area to look in.

Although there were one or two i did just give up on in the end and look up.

It's also worth doing the nascent dawn quest for the Polaris Lance on Mars - It's now very easy to complete.
    You get the lance on Quest 4/5 and completing the 5/5 quest, it applies firefly to the gun!!
    It's a crazy good PvE weapon!
    A steady hand will give you unlimited ammo with no reload along with a solar blast every 5th shot! Boss killer for sure.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,710 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

So i thought id grind this out, running a lost sector over and over for the yokes i need to make the other yoke to find these little yokes with the tunes coming from them.
    Mind numbing for sure so i thought id stick on spotify and some metallica, only to have to turn down metallica to hear the little yokes :D

Had 5 of them found, now on 11, 4 more to go :P

• Registered Users Posts: 10,870 ✭✭✭✭Generic Dreadhead

The Sleeper is worth the Grind. Its essentially D2 G-Horn.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,408 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

I just got the quest and am stumbling through it. Sounds like one I need do on the weekend.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,408 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

So i thought id grind this out, running a lost sector over and over for the yokes i need to make the other yoke to find these little yokes with the tunes coming from them.
    Mind numbing for sure so i thought id stick on spotify and some metallica, only to have to turn down metallica to hear the little yokes :D

Had 5 of them found, now on 11, 4 more to go :P

One never turns down Metallica...…...ever!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,574 ✭✭✭EoinHef

I suppose a major part of it would be gathering the mats required for the keys if you hadnt played warmind all that much.

By the time id finished the campaign of warmind and levelled,did some of the new stuff on mars etc i had plenty of them to craft all the keys i needed. A player going through the game starting at the end of the vanilla campaign aftwr buying the DLC may see that differently npw that forsaken is out. Might feel like a backward step to have to go back to mars.

On the plus side it only has to be done with one character and the alts can just get it from the collection. Be painful if each character had to unlock it:(

• Registered Users Posts: 4,909 ✭✭✭nix

Ok so some questions for ya'll lovely people plz :D

How do i get more exotic weapons/armour? I havent got any since i left the early game leveling process except for the Ace of spades. Theres quite a few id love to get my hands on to try out. Sleeper simulant, Crimson, Vigilance wing, Telesto and then some armour.. Is it all raiding loot?

Also, what does raising a weapons tier do? The wording attached to it in game is fairly vague, and ive no clue what it actually does :confused:

Also, the "Prime attunement" buff, is that a daily buff? as in it triggers an engram then falls of until the next day? Anybody know a good place to farm to trigger it quick?

Also, which vendors are worth ranking up? I'm mostly just focusing on gambit (The shifter)and crucibles (Lord Shaxx) now. Thats about it.. are there any other vendors worth grinding that offer good rewards? I was doing the Strikes vendor but the rewards are meh and i stop doing strikes as soon as all dailies/weeklies are done.

Trying to get my power to level 540 to do dreaming city and nightfall content is a slow process, im mainly just focusing on dailies/weeklies and random engrams to raise my power level. Is that all i can do or is there a better way of grinding higher level items than what i have?

Any help is greatly appreciated, I havent found useful info to clear up the above via google, unless its buried deep on reddit or in the middle of an annoying youtube video :(

@nix,

I found this link to be very helpful:

https://www.shacknews.com/article/101225/destiny-2-complete-strategy-guide#d2-exotic-gear

It will detail almost everything you need to do to get your light up. It's my go to guide at the moment.

nix wrote: »

How do i get more exotic weapons/armour? I havent got any since i left the early game leveling process except for the Ace of spades. Theres quite a few id love to get my hands on to try out. Sleeper simulant, Crimson, Vigilance wing, Telesto and then some armour.. Is it all raiding loot?

Exotics, mostly, are just random drops. With the release of Forsaken, they have scaled back the rate at which they drop, to make it "feel more special" when you do get one. I've gotten 2, both Y1 exotics. Yay!!!
    Also, what does raising a weapons tier do? The wording attached to it in game is fairly vague, and ive no clue what it actually does :confused:

The tier on a weapon is it's Masterwork level. Kinda like Prestige in CoD. At Level 5, multi kills will generate orbs of light, and level 10 will give you the maximum level of the associated stat (Reload speed / Stability / Range / Impact) I wouldn't worry too much about this yet though, as Masterwork Cores are required and they are quite rare drops at the moment.
    Also, the "Prime attunement" buff, is that a daily buff? as in it triggers an engram then falls of until the next day? Anybody know a good place to farm to trigger it quick?

The Prime Attunement is a buff for the chance of a Prime Engram (Purple Powerful Engram) to drop. The mostly drop from yellow bar enemies, but can drop as an end game reward in crucible and gambit. It will always be +5 over your Power Level. You can get more than 1 a day, but it requires some serious grinding.
    Also, which vendors are worth ranking up? I'm mostly just focusing on gambit (The shifter)and crucibles (Lord Shaxx) now. Thats about it.. are there any other vendors worth grinding that offer good rewards? I was doing the Strikes vendor but the rewards are meh and i stop doing strikes as soon as all dailies/weeklies are done.

Vendors I wouldn't worry about, as you can get their gear from Purple Engrams randomly. Outside of an Emblem / Ship / Ok Gun, it's ok to not worry about.
    Trying to get my power to level 540 to do dreaming city and nightfall content is a slow process, im mainly just focusing on dailies/weeklies and random engrams to raise my power level. Is that all i can do or is there a better way of grinding higher level items than what i have?

Once you hit 520 power, start to knock out the Dreaming City weeklies first, as there is a softcap after 520 for the normal weekly power engrams. The DC ones, with NF / Raid / Spiders weekly Bounty will give you a +5 boost to power level, whereas the others will give a +2 after 520. So do DC / NF / Spider first, then the others.
    Any help is greatly appreciated, I havent found useful info to clear up the above via google, unless its buried deep on reddit or in the middle of an annoying youtube video :(

This infographic isn't 100% gospel from 560 up, but the lower PL info is.
    image0.png?width=1442&height=663

• Registered Users Posts: 3,935 ✭✭✭Tazzimus

Most are drops, some are quests.
    Likes of Sleeper, Polaris Lance and that are quests

It's the new way of masterworking basically, hit tier 10 and it's masterworked.

It increases the drop rate of prime engrams I think, basically ones that buff your LL up.

Vendor rewards aren't up to much at the mo so they're all much of a muchness really.

Dreaming City can be done at 500, 510 would make you a bit less squishy though. Then you can do Petra's bounties and get decent level gear to drop to help you up your LL

*Awaits Sniper to give a much better, more detailed answer*

Exotics, mostly, are just random drops. With the release of Forsaken, they have scaled back the rate at which they drop, to make it "feel more special" when you do get one. I've gotten 2, both Y1 exotics. Yay!!!

The tier on a weapon is it's Masterwork level. Kinda like Prestige in CoD. At Level 5, multi kills will generate orbs of light, and level 10 will give you the maximum level of the associated stat (Reload speed / Stability / Range / Impact) I wouldn't worry too much about this yet though, as Masterwork Cores are required and they are quite rare drops at the moment.

The Prime Attunement is a buff for the chance of a Prime Engram (Purple Powerful Engram) to drop. The mostly drop from yellow bar enemies, but can drop as an end game reward in crucible and gambit. It will always be +5 over your Power Level. You can get more than 1 a day, but it requires some serious grinding.

Vendors I wouldn't worry about, as you can get their gear from Purple Engrams randomly. Outside of an Emblem / Ship / Ok Gun, it's ok to not worry about.

Once you hit 520 power, start to knock out the Dreaming City weeklies first, as there is a softcap after 520 for the normal weekly power engrams. The DC ones, with NF / Raid / Spiders weekly Bounty will give you a +5 boost to power level, whereas the others will give a +2 after 520. So do DC / NF / Spider first, then the others.

Played against you in Crucible the other night!

On the topic of vendors I think Gambit has the strongest weapons, Crucible ones aren't great.

AdamD wrote: »
    Played against you in Crucible the other night!

On the topic of vendors I think Gambit has the strongest weapons, Crucible ones aren't great.

Yeah noticed that myself. Don't think I did too well in that game either.

Some exotics can be gotten from world questlines(Sleeper Simulant, Polaris Lance, MIDA Multi-tool, Sturm, Rat King, Worldline Zero) while most of them are RNG and are available for purchase from Xur. Only 2 exotics are locked behind raid content(Legend of Acrius and One Thousand Voices)
    Raising a weapons tier will increase the stat stated on it by 1% per tier. Upon reaching tier 10 the weapon will be considered to be a Masterwork. Masterwork weapons drop orbs of light upon kills in quick succession to charge your super.
    Prime attunement allows prime engrams to drop. This is not necessarily a daily buff and can reappear sooner or later. Prime engrams will normally drop from orange or yellow bar enemies making activities like Escalation Protocol and Blind Well to be good farming points.

Dreaming City is doable solo from about 520, as is the Nightfall with a fireteam and helpful modifiers from the challenge card. Dreaming City and the nightfall will provide your highest jumps in LL until you reach 540.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,870 ✭✭✭✭Generic Dreadhead

I have to say, Forsaken has surpassed The Taken King for me as a €40 content drop.
    In terms of gameplay it offers a huge amount of content, and the content that is there is for a good quality.

The only thing that may have been better in TTK was the overall improvements to the games QoL etc, but there were more (surprising and exciting) learnings to implement, whereas the QoL stuff in the Forsaken is stuff that should have been in there at D2 launch or soon after.

Aside from very low Exotic Drop rates, I've very little to fault nowadays. Only other minor criticism is I do feel weapon archetypes need to be rebalanced to make the Sandbox that little bit better. Stuff like high impact scouts in PvP suck, low impact scouts in PvE suck etc.

The way the Dreaming City opened up, grew, changed, expanded over the 1st few weeks was amazing.
    I expected the Dreaming City to be on par with Mercury, how wrong I was.

Money well spent. And really had a blast over the last 4 weeks :)

Advertisement