Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Destiny General Discussion 2.0

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,935 ✭✭✭Tazzimus

Stuff like scouts suck

Fixed that for you.
    Scouts feel like you're shooting them with bubbles at the mo.
    Pulse rifles on the other hand, have gotten a nice buff it seems.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,574 ✭✭✭EoinHef

Id add that masterwork cores also need to either be more common or removed from infusion all together.

Fair enough needing them to actually masterwork a weapon but needing them for both is bs.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,590 ✭✭✭sniper_samurai

EoinHef wrote: »
    Id add that masterwork cores also need to either be more common or removed from infusion all together.

Fair enough needing them to actually masterwork a weapon but needing them for both is bs.

They are addressing the economy and renaming the material.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,909 ✭✭✭nix

Thanks for all the helpful info!

Went back to dreaming city to continue quest line, it was Req 540, i was at like 520. It was rough, i had to go from wall to wall and peak out and chip away at the mobs. It was slow and steady, then go to the last big elite. it was rough, i had to keep running back to entrance to cheese it, prior to that i died about 6 times.

It was impossible to tackle him without cheesing it, his attacks were aoe like grenades which he constantly bombarded me with, insane damage. On top of that, countless mobs constantly spawning. Thank god i had a helpful rocket launcher to cushion the blow, bad omens with tracking module and cluster bomb.

Still took me ages to kill him :( afraid to do the next quest now haha :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,470 ✭✭✭SolvableKnave

nix wrote: »
    Thanks for all the helpful info!

Went back to dreaming city to continue quest line, it was Req 540, i was at like 520. It was rough, i had to go from wall to wall and peak out and chip away at the mobs. It was slow and steady, then go to the last big elite. it was rough, i had to keep running back to entrance to cheese it, prior to that i died about 6 times.

It was impossible to tackle him without cheesing it, his attacks were aoe like grenades which he constantly bombarded me with, insane damage. On top of that, countless mobs constantly spawning. Thank god i had a helpful rocket launcher to cushion the blow, bad omens with tracking module and cluster bomb.

Still took me ages to kill him :( afraid to do the next quest now haha :pac:

Do some of the Spider bounties that reward legendary gear. It'll help a bit

• Advertisement

Do some of the Spider bounties that reward legendary gear. It'll help a bit

Yeah done alot of them, the weekly one is impossible, even tried doing it with a friend yesterday, no joy.

Tried to do the Ascendant Challenge there also, ****ing impossible at my gear level. doable up until i pick up the sword then the big knight fella is impossible to kill, he 2 shots me and i barely chip his health. hes immune without the relic so i cant even cheese it.

I just need to wait for the weeklies/dailies to reset and just do them, scrounge whatever engrams i can in between to raise my power level.

The dreaming city content solo is a ****ing chore or impossible at my level, i suspect those that do it at my power level do it in groups.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,408 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

There 's some real strange QoL decisions, some since launch
    - why can't I bulk thrash shaders?
    - why can't I pick up bounties in one location?
    - why won't they move Ikora Ray, the Gambit dude and the clan dudette to the central hub?

The shaders you can delete 5 at a time at the cryptarch at the tower. Be nice to pick increments of the amount you wanted deleted ie
    5,10,20,30,ALL etc

I did not know that. I deleted 70+ pinkish ones the other day, one by one.

gimli2112 wrote: »
    I did not know that. I deleted 70+ pinkish ones the other day, one by one.

I saw it in the patch notes but couldnt figure how to do it either,found it by accident:(

• Advertisement

Is the black talon any use?

Got it off a random easy yellow mob on Osiris which was surprising.....and nice :D:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,088 ✭✭✭Static M.e.

Yeah done alot of them, the weekly one is impossible, even tried doing it with a friend yesterday, no joy.

Tried to do the Ascendant Challenge there also, ****ing impossible at my gear level. doable up until i pick up the sword then the big knight fella is impossible to kill, he 2 shots me and i barely chip his health. hes immune without the relic so i cant even cheese it.

I just need to wait for the weeklies/dailies to reset and just do them, scrounge whatever engrams i can in between to raise my power level.

The dreaming city content solo is a ****ing chore or impossible at my level, i suspect those that do it at my power level do it in groups.

When doing that challenge, the sword is on a 3 minute timer if no one picks it up and you cannot kill the knights without. It caught us last night. Very, very difficult to solo even at 540LL

• Registered Users Posts: 4,470 ✭✭✭SolvableKnave

Yeah, Dreaming City is End Game, so going there below 520 (525/530) is gonna cause frustration. Just do all the other Milestones till you hit that level.

The Ascendant Challenges you'd want to be doing it in a group up to around 550 level, then some of them can be solo'd.
    When doing that challenge, the sword is on a 3 minute timer if no one picks it up and you cannot kill the knights without. It caught us last night. Very, very difficult to solo even at 540LL

I did that challenge I don't know how many times solo, granted I was around 555 area. Killing the Knights wasn't the issue. First few times I didn't realise that I needed to bring to sword with me to get the chest to spawn. When I did, I'm embarrased how many times I died due to fall or flying rocks or disappearing platforms / missed jumps. Easily the most infuriating Challenge so far.

The rocks were probably the biggest cause of deaths in that challenge.

I'm nearly there, finally, then BAM! Rock to the facial area, sword lost, restart, again..

• Registered Users Posts: 6,632 ✭✭✭Glebee

Just finished up on DLC 1 and 2 |( christ there poor overall) and not sure about getting Forsaken just yet. liking the game but just not getting the Clan system in Destiny 2 as opposed to other MMOs. can never find a decent group and have not done any group missions outside of internal matchmaking system.

CoO was ****e, Warmind was much better, Forsaken is better again.
    They changed the clan xp gains so it's a bit trickier to hit the 5k weekly now, not a fan of it to be honest

• Registered Users Posts: 10,870 ✭✭✭✭Generic Dreadhead

DLC 1 was some of the most crinegy, awful $hit I've played in any game.

Battleblock Theater has a better storyline than Curse of Osiris.

Warmind I'd be more forgiving of. But killing Xol with a Pulse Rifle while a 14yo Girl (who is apparently one of the bestest gunslingers of all time) talks some nonsense was a bit disconnecting.

Forsaken Story/Campaign, End-Game and Cutscenes/Dialoge is worth the €40. I think I'd struggle to say the last 2x DLCs are worth €20 combined (and a lot of that is cause they added new planets/areas and Strikes... which were incidentally like 4x of the missions you played ANYWAY)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,727 ✭✭✭amadablam

Glebee wrote: »
    Just finished up on DLC 1 and 2 |( christ there poor overall) and not sure about getting Forsaken just yet. liking the game but just not getting the Clan system in Destiny 2 as opposed to other MMOs. can never find a decent group and have not done any group missions outside of internal matchmaking system.

Forsaken is leagues above the previous D2 DLC's ( Warmind and COO) and has a huge amount of content for the price (really huge). The Clan system is actually quite good but if you are struggling to get in a Clan, you could see if the boards one has a slot? Also, LFG app is useful.

The more you play, the more you will connect with people as well and have lads to do the nightfall, PvP, raid, etc.

You probably have added most of the players on here anyway but thats a good start too.

Its definitely a little daunting for newer players but its a great fun when you build a group of regulars that you can catch up with.

• Registered Users Posts: 593 ✭✭✭cavemeister

Glebee wrote: »

I can tell you now that you will 100% love Forsaken. Will be one of the best game purchases you will make this year

And I was on the verge of walking away from D2 forever last month. Forsaken has saved Destiny.

• Registered Users Posts: 45,675 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

Warmind I'd be more forgiving of. But killing Xol with a Pulse Rifle while a 14yo Girl (who is apparently one of the bestest gunslingers of all time) talks some nonsense was a bit disconnecting.
    That was basically retconed out in forsaken.

Toland has some lines saying something about how we'd have to be an idiot to think we really killed a hive god - that it was all part of the plan, and sava thun (not named) was playing us.

• Advertisement

That was basically retconed out in forsaken.

Toland has some lines saying something about how we'd have to be an idiot to think we really killed a hive god - that it was all part of the plan, and sava thun (not named) was playing us.
    Mentioned the first time we hit the Dreaming City I think wasn't it?
    Just as we're pulled into the Ascendant Realm

• Registered Users Posts: 10,870 ✭✭✭✭Generic Dreadhead

Bungie can retcon their "Lore", they can't retcon my disappointment just by having ole Sparky Boi do some rambling

• Closed Accounts Posts: 689 ✭✭✭Ray Bloody Purchase

I seem to be removed from the Boards 2 clan. It just happened today after I used the spark to upgrade.

Most odd.

Username kiplesworth.

so, solo'd the raid chest and the loot was 10 levels below mine, what gives? they patch it?

• Registered Users Posts: 45,675 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

gimli2112 wrote: »
    so, solo'd the raid chest and the loot was 10 levels below mine, what gives? they patch it?

Where is the raid chest you can solo? Is it the one at the bridge? If so then I don't think it was ever a power level drop chest. First time I go to it, it was just a legendary engram level drop, but dropped Raid gear, iirc.

yeah the one on the bridge, thought I had read somewhere it dropped high level gear but maybe not. It's not hard to get to but jumps, lots and lots of jumps.

That chest drops below your LL
    We did the first encounter, got to there and I got the raid chest piece at 20LL below, pity as it's rather nice, even if it is mobility armour.

The one thing I learned is if you put your titan jumps on the "jumps higher" setting the leaps are insane.

Floaty warlock checking in :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 593 ✭✭✭cavemeister

Guys, I know there have been lots of guides, strategies and tips on raising your light but I seem to be going nowhere fast. I am doing all the powerful engram quests but not yet eligible for NF or Raid or Petra weeklies.

My issue is that I am getting the powerful engrams but all are either 1 LL above, below or equal to my current light. I spent all weekend trying to level up and only went from 525 to 526 having acquired about 8 or 9 powerful engrams.

Prime engrams have not dropped for me in about 2 weeks so they are not helping.

Would really like to get feedback on how I can get up to 540 cause at the rate I'm going, I am going up only 1 LL per week.

Advertisement