Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Destiny General Discussion 2.0

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,710 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

gimli2112 wrote: »
    it's shocking how bad the mp is
    it's just not fun

Yeah the crucible sucks,i only bother with it for weekly powerful gear and grab a few bounties for while I'm in there.
    Gambit is great though.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,909 ✭✭✭nix

Why did nobody tell me about Xur?

Does he respawn elsewhere and reset loot every week?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,408 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

Xur used to be one of the biggest events early on in Destiny 1. I once spent an hour looking for him only to realise the clocks had gone back irl and he was still enroute.
    His location , arrival and loot used to be posted here to great acclaim but at some point they made him largely irrelevant by making the loot LL drop too low. Another bad decision.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,088 ✭✭✭Static M.e.

nix wrote: »
    Why did nobody tell me about Xur?

Does he respawn elsewhere and reset loot every week?

Yes, he moves around every week to a different location. Well, it's probably fairer to say that he changes location every week but always goes to the same spots. Just google Xur location every weekend.

Yes, the loot resets every week but it currently doesn't include any Forsaken drops. I would think that the vast majority of people had all the exotics already going into Forsaken so he's been kind of redundant for a long time now.

GL

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,125 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

I still have to get the HC headshots for the Ace of Spades, and I can't drag myself to do it, the crucible just isn't enjoyable for me.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 830 ✭✭✭nevelator

Angron wrote: »
    I still have to get the HC headshots for the Ace of Spades, and I can't drag myself to do it, the crucible just isn't enjoyable for me.

I'm the same, have about 10 more kills to get. Will venture into Iron banner this week and get them done...hopefully.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,634 ✭✭✭Glebee

https://www.pcgamer.com/destiny-2-forsaken-will-include-previous-expansions-starting-tomorrow/

looks like Forsaken will now come with all past DLC from tomorrow. No need to purchase seperate on PC anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,590 ✭✭✭sniper_samurai

Glebee wrote: »
    https://www.pcgamer.com/destiny-2-forsaken-will-include-previous-expansions-starting-tomorrow/

looks like Forsaken will now come with all past DLC from tomorrow. No need to purchase seperate on PC anyway.

Thats supposed to start after reset today

• Closed Accounts Posts: 689 ✭✭✭Ray Bloody Purchase

Thats supposed to start after reset today

Does that mean that anyone who already has forsaken will get the season pass now too? :mad::mad:

Fook Bungie. The ****.

Does that mean that anyone who already has forsaken will get the season pass now too? :mad::mad:

Fook Bungie. The ****.

I would assume so, but I think all the storefronts restricted purchase of Forsaken to accounts that already had the dlc.

If you are referring to the new annual pass that is still a separate purchase.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,163 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

Good think i held off buying the DLC first and then getting Forsaken in that case :)

Have to finish Divinity Sin 2 first though.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,870 ✭✭✭✭Generic Dreadhead

Kiith wrote: »
    Good thing i held off buying the DLC

Anywhere I can watch you stream a playthrough of Curse of Osiris?

I've been making an effort to spend time with my missus after consuming The Forsaken DLC intravenously, so I've forgotten what the face of absolute disappointment looks like

I got the base game and the 2 DLC's free when i bought forsaken, so its been going on awhile.. Pretty certain i would have to buy any future DLC's however, as would anybody without the season pass.

I got the base game and the 2 DLC's free when i bought forsaken, so its been going on awhile.. Pretty certain i would have to buy any future DLC's however, as would anybody without the season pass.

That was the Legendary Edition, which contains the base game, Curse of Osiris, Warmind and Forsaken. This is the version for people who already own the game

• Registered Users Posts: 45,675 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

I've been making an effort to spend time with my missus after consuming The Forsaken DLC intravenously, so I've forgotten what the face of absolute disappointment looks like

This is not adding up for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,574 ✭✭✭EoinHef

Bit scummy to do it at this point in time. Should have made that decision for the release of forsken.

The fact that there giving players who bought and played before a certain date an in game bundle of rewards shows that they know its a crappy move to do it so soon imo.

Maybe the numbers that bought forsaken havent been great and they are trying to encourage more people to get onboard.

Then theres the annual pass as well on top of all that. Certainly an expensive hobby destiny 2!!

• Registered Users Posts: 13,408 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

I bought the season pass against my better judgement but then again judgement has never been my forte

EoinHef wrote: »
    Bit scummy to do it at this point in time. Should have made that decision for the release of forsken.

The fact that there giving players who bought and played before a certain date an in game bundle of rewards shows that they know its a crappy move to do it so soon imo.

Maybe the numbers that bought forsaken havent been great and they are trying to encourage more people to get onboard.

Then theres the annual pass as well on top of all that. Certainly an expensive hobby destiny 2!!

Not really, they did the same when Taken King was released. I mentioned that it would be bundled with the expansion pass before the end of the year. Probably a bit more annoying this time around due to the base game being on ps+ though.

Not really, they did the same when Taken King was released. I mentioned that it would be bundled with the expansion pass before the end of the year. Probably a bit more annoying this time around due to the base game being on ps+ though.

How long after the taken king were they bundled?

I bought the edition with everything year one and taken king so genuinely no idea. 5 weeks is so short i just think they should have just done it from forsaken release rather than ringing the necks of early adopters.

As you say its not unexpected,totally agree,its just earlier than i expected. If D1 bundling was that quick i totally missed it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,052 ✭✭✭ImANoob08

Bungie being fuxkers... NEVER!

• Advertisement

I don't think it is scummy for Bungo to have done this now, I think it was stupid that they didn't do it originally - I see this as simply correcting an obvious mistake/bad decision. If any decision should be described as scummy it should be the original need to but CoO and WM seperate to Forsaken if you only had vanilla D2. If they decided the two were required content for Forsaken, they should have been included with forsaken.

This SKU is what should have been available off the bat.

I see this as simply correcting an obvious mistake/bad decision

After the rest of us bought the legendary pack, why didnt they correct i earlier before they got money out of us?

Dcully wrote: »
    After the rest of us bought the legendary pack, why didnt they correct i earlier before they got money out of us?

I don't know. But why should that prevent them from correcting the mistake or bad call now? Because you got shafted everyone else should be forever too?

It wasnt a mistake, it was a cash grab.

Dcully wrote: »
    It wasnt a mistake, it was a cash grab.

Right so.

So they shouldn't correct that decision, ever, because you decided to buy that sh1t configuration.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,052 ✭✭✭ImANoob08

Dunno why people bother arguing here anymore.

I fell like bungie would have to murder a whole bus full of children before some people would stop defending them.

It's ok to like a company but not like something they do at the same time.

Right so.

So they shouldn't correct that decision, ever, because you decided to buy that sh1t configuration.

It was the only option available to someone who got bored of the base game and didnt want to play until forsaken.

You said it was mistake,now you say its a decision, make up your mind , im merely saying it wasnt a mistake :)

I'm confused, why are people mad that two dated DLC stories are now free?

From what i see, people dont visit that content anymore save for the odd daily or resource farm.

They are just following suite with what wow did, all prior expansions are now free. They are just simplifying the content.

People who bought the base game most likely spent more money than i did and i have everything, so its not like they didnt kick up any money :confused:

I dont mind in the slightest,, both are rubbish anyways :)
    Im just pointing out it was not a mistake on their part, its business.

• Advertisement

I'm confused, why are people mad that two dated DLC stories are now free?

From what i see, people dont visit that content anymore save for the odd daily or resource farm.

They are just following suite with what wow did, all prior expansions are now free. They are just simplifying the content.

People who bought the base game most likely spent more money than i did and i have everything, so its not like they didnt kick up any money :confused:

No,the complaint is that if they wanted to merge the DLC's they should have done it with the release of forsaken. Not 5 weeks after making people cough up for year 1 dlc to even be able to access forsaken.

My guess is the way they did it put enough people off buying the DLC so diminishing returns kicked in and in an attempt to convince those people they merged the dlc's.

So the people who lose out are the ones who adopted forsaken early and had to cough up the cash for the year 1 dlc to access it.

Advertisement