Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Destiny General Discussion 2.0

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 45,675 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

ImANoob08 wrote: »
    Dunno why people bother arguing here anymore.

I fell like bungie would have to murder a whole bus full of children before some people would stop defending them.

It's ok to like a company but not like something they do at the same time.

LOL.

I said it was either an obvious mistake or bad decision and I said CLEARLY that the initial SKU was what shoukd be called scummy, not the correction of that decision.

But yeah, there may be no point arguing with sine people here, they just want to take pot shots at people regardless of what was actually said.

Dcully wrote: »
    It was the only option available to someone who got bored of the base game and didnt want to play until forsaken.

You said it was mistake,now you say its a decision, make up your mind , im merely saying it wasnt a mistake :)

My first post of the subjust said bad decision too. I guess what I actually said doesn't matter if yiu want to have a go though.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,710 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

LOL really? we gonna go there?
    Im not having a go, your reading what you want to hear it seems.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,163 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

I thought it was pretty ****ty to charge for the old DLC's while also charging for Forsaken, given that you couldn't play Forsaken without them. Even World of Warcraft now gives you the old expansions for free if you buy the latest one (granted, that's a new enough feature).

It's no surprise though. It happened with the Taken King from what i remember as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,052 ✭✭✭ImANoob08

ImANoob08 wrote: »
    Dunno why people bother arguing here anymore.

I fell like bungie would have to murder a whole bus full of children before some people would stop defending them.

It's ok to like a company but not like something they do at the same time.

LOL.

I said it was either an obvious mistake or bad decision and I said CLEARLY that the initial SKU was what shoukd be called scummy, not the correction of that decision.

But yeah, there may be no point arguing with sine people here, they just want to take pot shots at people regardless of what was actually said.

Mate let's be honest here. I don't take pot shots I call it as is. Maybe that's why I've been banned more than once and shunned by the whole boards clan. LOL!

I get it your a fan boy and you always will be. Good for you I guess?

Anyway this isn't the platform for this kind of thing. You have me on psn if you wanna chat about bungie/destiny I'm only a party invite away.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,470 ✭✭✭SolvableKnave

giphy.gif?cid=3640f6095bc85012304b79354dfad742

• Registered Users Posts: 593 ✭✭✭cavemeister

Angron wrote: »
      I still have to get the HC headshots for the Ace of Spades, and I can't drag myself to do it, the crucible just isn't enjoyable for me.

Load up with Crimson and head on in. I'm usually rubbish at PvP but wanted the gun so bad. I actually knocked out that part in about 4 runs.

Was my first time using Crimson in PvP and it wrecked!! Calling the gun a sniper rifle would be a more accurate description of that gun!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,088 ✭✭✭Static M.e.

Yeah, the kills for the Ace of spades is easy now if you even play a little crucible. I always go for the 6v6 option (top left) and I find its easy enough to get the kills.

I have the ace of spades completed but I haven't collected it as a few more gun exotics have dropped recently for me. It seems to always be +3 -4 powerlevels about my current LL so I'll save it for when I need a little jump.

Yeah, the kills for the Ace of spades is easy now if you even play a little crucible. I always go for the 6v6 option (top left) and I find its easy enough to get the kills.

I have the ace of spades completed but I haven't collected it as a few more gun exotics have dropped recently for me. It seems to always be +3 -4 powerlevels about my current LL so I'll save it for when I need a little jump.

I did mine in Rumble. Small maps and quick kills.

• Registered Users Posts: 278 ✭✭Daraa

So much going on this week!

Iron Banner
      Festival of the Lost
      Shattered Throne
      Normal Milestones
      Ikelos Shotgun is back in the loot pool
      Raid at some stage..

Do they not understand that I have a job!

• Advertisement

Daraa wrote: »
      So much going on this week!

Iron Banner
      Festival of the Lost
      Shattered Throne
      Normal Milestones
      Ikelos Shotgun is back in the loot pool
      Raid at some stage..

Do they not understand that I have a job!

I know that feeling. I'm farming the sh!t out of the Haunted Forest. Horror Story will sell at 600 light which is fantastic. I'm currently 540 Light so with that equipped, I will go straight to 550.

Outside of that, it's Iron banner, Iron Banner, Iron Banner.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 689 ✭✭✭Ray Bloody Purchase

What game mode is Iron Banner? Control?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,590 ✭✭✭sniper_samurai

What game mode is Iron Banner? Control?

A control variation where if a team gets all 3 points they get locked for 30 seconds. LL also matters, the power curve is quite harsh compared to D1.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,634 ✭✭✭Glebee

Should I really just finish out Forsaken story mode before doing anything else, there seems so much to do at the moment.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 689 ✭✭✭Ray Bloody Purchase

A control variation where if a team gets all 3 points they get locked for 30 seconds. LL also matters, the power curve is quite harsh compared to D1.

LL matters? I'll get sh1t on from a height then. I don't have that much time anymore for grinding up anymore. I'm around 508 at the moment on my warlock.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,408 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

Glebee wrote: »
      Should I really just finish out Forsaken story mode before doing anything else, there seems so much to do at the moment.

completing the forsaken campaign's a good way to get to rank 50 and open up the end game

• Registered Users Posts: 1,781 ✭✭✭PetKing

I had to skip the first IB of Forsaken. Now I'm around 535 and it's a small bit better (still rough though!)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,141 ✭✭✭Yakuza

I hadn't copped that LL made a difference in the few IB rounds I played, no wonder I got my a55 handed to me.
      ("Sure yakuza what's new?" I hear you say, but these were absolute pastings from 590+ guys that while I was hitting them, they were killing me much more quickly). My max light is in the late 520s (depending on setup).

It was never that big a deal in D1 but it sounds scary now

gimli2112 wrote: »
      It was never that big a deal in D1 but it sounds scary now

-20LL is about a 15% drop off in damage opposed to 5% in D1.

• Advertisement
    • Registered Users Posts: 10,870 ✭✭✭✭Generic Dreadhead

Don't worry. You can be 595+ and still be absolutely destroyed, repeatedly, in a 6 stack of solo :|

-20LL is about a 15% drop off in damage opposed to 5% in D1.

That's a lot considering there's also much larger discrepancies in LL 300-600. IB will be populated by 580+s and the better players. Sounds like there's no place for people like me in that world, while I'm at my current LL at least.

gimli2112 wrote: »
      That's a lot considering there's also much larger discrepancies in LL 300-600. IB will be populated by 580+s and the better players. Sounds like there's no place for people like me in that world, while I'm at my current LL at least.

It caps out at -200LL for a 50% damage drop off.

09272018_IB_Power_Curve.jpg?cv=3983621215&av=1302788937

It caps out at -200LL for a 50% damage drop off.

09272018_IB_Power_Curve.jpg?cv=3983621215&av=1302788937

wow thats a lot to be fair! makes the IB unplayable for a lot of people.

i always did wonder why they didn't keep the PvP and PvE modes separate as they've always had issues with gun balance across the two game types.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,935 ✭✭✭Tazzimus

I have yet to touch IB since Forsaken, won't be going near it til I'm max or near max light.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,781 ✭✭✭PetKing

ImANoob08 wrote:
      wow thats a lot to be fair! makes the IB unplayable for a lot of people.

The recommended LL should be a little higher than 500 I think. My shoulder charge is hitting for 75/80% against some opponents in IB.

Could never understand why people want LL to matter in PVP. just gates the activity and creates a gap that isn't based on ability.

But... the vocal community were vocal about it and got what they wanted.

I didn't bother with IB last time round cause of it, the LL differences matter too much imo.

Could never understand why people want LL to matter in PVP. just gates the activity and creates a gap that isn't based on ability.

But... the vocal community were vocal about it and got what they wanted.

I didn't bother with IB last time round cause of it, the LL differences matter too much imo.

Yeah, i also feel that it freezes out PvP only players as players going through the PvE material as well will be a high LL and have an unfair advantage.

this just pushes a whole group of gamers to one side and they will go play dedicated PvP titles such as cod and overwatch etc.

really think they missed a trick here.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,870 ✭✭✭✭Generic Dreadhead

I'm fine with Light Level mattering. There's 2 reasons to Play Iron Banner.

To Level up: There are dozens of straightforward avenues for this each week. And plenty more "end game" ways that are more palpable to people around 520, 540, 560 etc.

To play PvP: Quickplay, Comp etc are all still there.

Iron Banner is meant to be different to quickplay control. Right now, it having LL enabled and the zone lockout mechanic are the only 2 USPs that differentiate it.

• Advertisement
    • Registered Users Posts: 12,589 ✭✭✭✭AdamD

Being LL enabled makes it different, but not for a good reason IMO. It should be different sure, but LL enabled is just crappy, has no place in PvP. Iron Banner is just a lazy event tbh

Advertisement