Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Destiny General Discussion 2.0

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 830 ✭✭✭nevelator

I'm fine with Light Level mattering. There's 2 reasons to Play Iron Banner.

To Level up: There are dozens of straightforward avenues for this each week. And plenty more "end game" ways that are more palpable to people around 520, 540, 560 etc.

To play PvP: Quickplay, Comp etc are all still there.

Iron Banner is meant to be different to quickplay control. Right now, it having LL enabled and the zone lockout mechanic are the only 2 USPs that differentiate it.

I tend to agree, pre-forsaken IB was just control with IB rewards. At least now it is different. In saying that I think mis-steps were taken with the amount LL matters, it could be toned down a bit, and also the rewards. Before IB gave raid level gear (where you have some form of time-to-reward) - now it is just powerful drops. The milestones/bounties for the last IB were too much of an investment; which they corrected with this one.

• Registered Users Posts: 45,675 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

I think the bigger problem is how much LL matters.

They made the grind to high LL the hardest it has been and then made the LL differential the biggest it has ever been. Putting those two choices together was wrong.

I think they should have implemented a system that meant there was little difference between 600 and 550 or 540 or so (a difference, but relatively small) and then below 540 you really start to struggle. That would have created a grind aspect to get into the event proper, but not gated it as much as they have.

Just look at how much more power matters in D2:Forsaken - that is the real route of the issue, imo.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,595 ✭✭✭✭AdamD

To be fair if they make an IB where LL matters as a differential, then proceed to make light not really matter, people will just complain anyway.

AdamD wrote: »
    To be fair if they make an IB where LL matters as a differential, then proceed to make light not really matter, people will just complain anyway.

True, and it is coming. In a couple of months most people who play the game often will be at or near max light and LL won't matter then.

People will complain.

No matter what, people will complain.

• Advertisement

nevelator wrote: »
    True, and it is coming. In a couple of months most people who play the game often will be at or near max light and LL won't matter then.

if you look at it on a season basis though, if there are people who don't feel they can play in IB now due to LL, they have missed out on two out of three Iron Banners this season.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,870 ✭✭✭✭Generic Dreadhead

Fans: Feedback about LL curve

Bungie: Iron Banner returns this November! The mode is Supremacy!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,470 ✭✭✭SolvableKnave

Fans: Feedback about LL curve

Bungie: Iron Banner returns this November! The mode is Supremacy!

giphy.gif?cid=3640f6095bc9ff7a7347616d2ed7e61c

• Registered Users Posts: 278 ✭✭Daraa

Daraa wrote: »
    So much going on this week!

Iron Banner
    Festival of the Lost
    Shattered Throne
    Normal Milestones
    Ikelos Shotgun is back in the loot pool
    Raid at some stage..

Do they not understand that I have a job!

forgot to mention double & triple valor.. it'd have been nice if this all happened over the bank holiday weekend :)

Iron Banner - did the bounties
    Festival of the Lost - barely touched
    Shattered Throne - got to last boss
    Normal Milestones - 90% done
    Ikelos Shotgun is back in the loot pool - didnt go near
    Raid at some stage.. - Got to Riven
    Valour Weekend - Reset once (3 more times to go for Broadsword)

• Registered Users Posts: 593 ✭✭✭cavemeister

I'm up to 100 festival of the lost fragments.. only 20 more to go to get my 1st 600 LL piece of gear.

It's some grind in fairness!!

I'm also only 2 Gambit kills away from getting the Chaperone too.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,354 ✭✭✭✭AbusesToilets

I'd have more complaints about how poor the IB loot is tbh. Going from RoI to D2 has been a huge step down. Most of the weapons are fairly underwhelming, the design aesthetic is trash imo and they've held back a significant portion of weapon types.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,013 ✭✭✭✭Wonda-Boy

Just to shed light on the perception that the 1000 voices is only in ONE CHEST after the completing the LW raid.......totally false. Done it last night and two lads from the fire team got one EACH from different chests the swines!

So its deffo just down to RNG and a chance from ANY of the chests....its looks amazing and is OP as FOOK!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,013 ✭✭✭✭Wonda-Boy

I'm up to 100 festival of the lost fragments.. only 20 more to go to get my 1st 600 LL piece of gear.

All that grind for a re-skinned Origin Story.....nah totally not worth the hassle tbh.

Wonda-Boy wrote: »
    All that grind for a re-skinned Origin Story.....nah totally not worth the hassle tbh.

Agreed but can infuse my "Go Figure" Pule rifle into it. I love that gun!!

I just need the 600 LL weapon to drive up my light.

Agreed but can infuse my "Go Figure" Pule rifle into it. I love that gun!!

I just need the 600 LL weapon to drive up my light.

https://www.reddit.com/r/DestinyTheGame/comments/9p17mx/horror_story_cannot_be_used_to_infuse_another/

Sorry man :(

Other drops you get should be higher once have it... I think powerful drops are based on your potential LL, not just what you have equipped.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,590 ✭✭✭sniper_samurai

Are you doing Holidays bounties? Each bounty from her will give you a fragment and her weekly will give you 40. There are also chests that have a very low spawn rate inside the forest that give you 2 fragments when you open it. It will always spawn at the edge of an area with a statue behind it.

Are you doing Holidays bounties? Each bounty from her will give you a fragment and her weekly will give you 40. There are also chests that have a very low spawn rate inside the forest that give you 2 fragments when you open it. It will always spawn at the edge of an area with a statue behind it.

I was aware of secret chests but never came across one. I only need to more runs of the forest along with finishing up today's daily bounties and I will be at 120.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,595 ✭✭✭✭AdamD

So I got a hunter exotic last night that returns super energy after getting hits with blade barrage...used my blade barrage, hit 3 people and...got my blade barrage back

Genuinely don't think they playtest this game

• Advertisement

So I got a hunter exotic last night that returns super energy after getting hits with blade barrage...used my blade barrage, hit 3 people and...got my blade barrage back

Sounds sweet though! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,470 ✭✭✭SolvableKnave

You should have a look at the Ursa Furiosa for the Titan. Blocking with the roaming shield returns super energy also. Couple hits for others in PvP, and bang, full super back again. There's one for each class.

Woah, hold up here a second. Hang on.

There are exotics in Forsaken?

I don't believe you.

Maybe these 'things' were never playtested cause no one ever saw them.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,088 ✭✭✭Static M.e.

I hope they make Edge Transit an exotic

Has anyone created a second character since Forsaken? Trying to see if it would take long to lvl up. Seeing as I've spend 6 weeks going from 400 to 580 I'm not relishing the task but a LOT of people seem to have leveled all three to 600 now...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,549 ✭✭✭jcd5971

It's fairly easy, as soon as you hit end 50 light you can transfer over your high light weapons so get a huge light boost,

( also before that if you go to collections weapons on your 600 light chatacter, you can pull 580 light white weapons which you can put on the alt character anytime, as white weapons have no lvl requirements)

then your collections tab armour drops 20 light below your actual light lvl.
    So after you fire on the 3 600 light weapons and your light shoots up, you keep pull g armour from collections tab and you'll be up to 560-570 in a few minutes.( ymmv)

Also at weekend buy an exotic piece for your second and third character from xur BUT buy it with you highest light main then transfer it so now boom another light jump in armour, and then start pulling armour from collections until you cap out again.

If you get lucky in between and your prime engrams and flash points /milestones etc all drop armour pieces your sorted.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,906 ✭✭✭✭PhlegmyMoses

You should have a look at the Ursa Furiosa for the Titan. Blocking with the roaming shield returns super energy also. Couple hits for others in PvP, and bang, full super back again. There's one for each class.

Was just saying tonight playing competitive crucible that the titan helm that gives an overshield once they get a kill is also ludicrously overpowered. There will be mounds of salt when they tweak the exotic drops and things like this and the hunter gauntlets are obtained by most..

• Registered Users Posts: 13,408 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

Everyday I find something that irks me. Not game breaking just irksome. This morning what annoyed me was doing the flashpoint. It's on EDZ so just jumped from one to the next and got it done pretty quick. Last week it was Mars. Do a PE and maybe the sole Lost Section and then spend 10 minutes trying to make up words from anagrams of "I'm bored" until the next PE finally spawns.

gimli2112 wrote: »
    Everyday I find something that irks me. Not game breaking just irksome. This morning what annoyed me was doing the flashpoint. It's on EDZ so just jumped from one to the next and got it done pretty quick. Last week it was Mars. Do a PE and maybe the sole Lost Section and then spend 10 minutes trying to make up words from anagrams of "I'm bored" until the next PE finally spawns.

You're going to love when it's back on Mercury so! :D

With the flashpoints I just wait til a PE is coming in (I'll check after I complete a PVP match or Strike or whatever) and then do a lost sector and/or daily heroic. Gets a good percentage. I've kinda given up wanting to get it done in one session.

• Advertisement

With the flashpoints I just wait til a PE is coming in (I'll check after I complete a PVP match or Strike or whatever) and then do a lost sector and/or daily heroic. Gets a good percentage. I've kinda given up wanting to get it done in one session.

Yeah, that's what I do too. Although if the PE is finished quickly, I'll try and load back in to get it done a second time.

Advertisement