Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Destiny General Discussion 2.0

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,088 ✭✭✭Static M.e.

jcd5971 wrote: »
    It's fairly easy, as soon as you hit end 50 light you can transfer over your high light weapons so get a huge light boost,

( also before that if you go to collections weapons on your 600 light chatacter, you can pull 580 light white weapons which you can put on the alt character anytime, as white weapons have no lvl requirements)

then your collections tab armour drops 20 light below your actual light lvl.
    So after you fire on the 3 600 light weapons and your light shoots up, you keep pull g armour from collections tab and you'll be up to 560-570 in a few minutes.( ymmv)

Also at weekend buy an exotic piece for your second and third character from xur BUT buy it with you highest light main then transfer it so now boom another light jump in armour, and then start pulling armour from collections until you cap out again.

If you get lucky in between and your prime engrams and flash points /milestones etc all drop armour pieces your sorted.

Great post, thank you!

• Registered Users Posts: 593 ✭✭✭cavemeister

Guys, quick question.
    I got the 600LL Horror Story AR yesterday.

With it equipped, my light is 569 and without, it's 561.

Do I need to have it equipped to get higher light Powerful engrams or does D2 know that I have a potential light of 569 regardless of what is equipped and reward at 569?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,590 ✭✭✭sniper_samurai

Guys, quick question.

Do I need to have it equipped to get higher light Powerful engrams or does D2 know that I have a potential light of 569 regardless of what is equipped and reward at 569?

No, unlike D1 you do not need to be wearing your max ll gear when decrypting.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,470 ✭✭✭SolvableKnave

Guys, quick question.

No, unlike D1 you do not need to be wearing your max ll gear when decrypting.

Snipers right, but I still do it anyway. Just in case. :o

• Registered Users Posts: 2,549 ✭✭✭jcd5971

Great post, thank you!

Your welcome hope it helps

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,354 ✭✭✭✭AbusesToilets

Anyone got Luna's Howl or Not Forgotten? Was watching some videos on them, look pretty legit.

Anyone got Luna's Howl or Not Forgotten? Was watching some videos on them, look pretty legit.

Halfway through the Luna quest. If my win rate stays as it is I should have it completed during the 25 comp matches required for the Redrix which is the next step of that quest for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,595 ✭✭✭✭AdamD

Have the Lunas, its very very good. Quest is ****e though

• Registered Users Posts: 1,727 ✭✭✭amadablam

Guys, quick question.

I would have thought that with horror story equipped that you still will get ordinary drops at 561.

My drops are 8-9 lower than my light level even when I have it equipped.

amadablam wrote: »
    I would have thought that with horror story equipped that you still will get ordinary drops at 561.

My drops are 8-9 lower than my light level even when I have it equipped.

It will affect the ll of the powerful drops you get.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,934 ✭✭✭ewj1978

so, hadn't played in ages.. LVL 300 ages.. Got back into it. Level'd my warlock up to 518 and its getting grindy as feck.. Any tips on how to move up levels quicker?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,935 ✭✭✭Tazzimus

Milestones, Dreaming City ones now that you can get in there.
    Also grind the haunted forest while it's there for the 600LL Horror Story. That'll give you a bump too.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,727 ✭✭✭amadablam

It will affect the ll of the powerful drops you get.

Cheers for that. I was wondering why :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,549 ✭✭✭jcd5971

Got luna howl was a long long slog but it's a great gun, I actually use it more in PvP, it makes **** of majors and yellow bars, when you get the perk going.

Two crits and you have basically double damage until you miss a shot or kill something for 5 full seconds. Then rinse and repeat, you could even go mad and throw on a boss or major spec mod to it and go ham completely.

My Clan activity just fell off a cliff. Literally going from totally engaged, hitting all milestones etc. to... the sound of crickets.

I'm guessing RDR2 has a big part to play in that.

• Registered Users Posts: 278 ✭✭Daraa

My Clan activity just fell off a cliff. Literally going from totally engaged, hitting all milestones etc. to... the sound of crickets.

I'm guessing RDR2 has a big part to play in that.

Yeah, had some drop off last week in my group of friends as well. RD2 and people just doing other things as well this weekend. Ended up playing Competitive all weekend trying to get to Fabled. Thankfully that put my Valor up as well for the Broadsword!

• Registered Users Posts: 45,675 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

Daraa wrote: »
    Yeah, had some drop off last week in my group of friends as well. RD2 and people just doing other things as well this weekend. Ended up playing Competitive all weekend trying to get to Fabled. Thankfully that put my Valor up as well for the Broadsword!

Just got the broadsword myself Sunday night. Its... not great:( Ah well, fun when you get the perk up, and awesome when you get the perk up. Delighted to have committed to getting it, and getting it done, even if there is no skill element to getting it really.

the 25 games of comp (mostly solo queued) left me at 1000 odd Glory - have no expectation that i could realistically push on to 2100 so have given up hope of engaging in the Luna grind - which is thrown in my face by the three or so players every QP lobby using Luna or Not Forgotten.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,935 ✭✭✭Tazzimus

Only 3 of them?

Luck has been with you..

• Registered Users Posts: 3,088 ✭✭✭Static M.e.

Just got the broadsword myself Sunday night. Its... not great:( Ah well, fun when you get the perk up, and awesome when you get the perk up. Delighted to have committed to getting it, and getting it done, even if there is no skill element to getting it really.

the 25 games of comp (mostly solo queued) left me at 1000 odd Glory - have no expectation that i could realistically push on to 2100 so have given up hope of engaging in the Luna grind - which is thrown in my face by the three or so players every QP lobby using Luna or Not Forgotten.

I hope to finally hit 600 this week which could leave me with spare time. Is it worth getting the broadsword or lunas?

I only just unlocked Rat King this weekend and I love it, it's very powerful. I also seem to go invisible every few kills which isn't a listed perk...between it and Ace I seem to be spoiled for Hand cannons right now.

Yeah, after I reset the 2nd time I started asking myself why I wasnt ever being killed by it! (or the claymore for that matter!) but feel i'm pot committed now to finishing off the quest! (Just about to reset the 3rd time)

With the Luna quest i'm actually gonna try hit fabled without a hand cannon (play to my "strengths") and if i do get there i'll do all the hand cannon stuff. Hitting fabled is retroactive thankfully! :)

• Advertisement

Daraa wrote: »
    Yeah, after I reset the 2nd time I started asking myself why I wasnt ever being killed by it! (or the claymore for that matter!) but feel i'm pot committed now to finishing off the quest! (Just about to reset the 3rd time)

With the Luna quest i'm actually gonna try hit fabled without a hand cannon (play to my "strengths") and if i do get there i'll do all the hand cannon stuff. Hitting fabled is retroactive thankfully! :)

Having done the quest I'd recommend doing the exact opposite of this tbh. Play to complete the steps without overly caring about winning then once you've finished them get the 2100. Getting to 2100 then needing to get hundreds of hand cannon and solar kills against high level players will take a very long time. Better off smashing through your hand cannon kills whilst the games are easier.

yeah, i get what your saying! Once I get the curated Trust roll from my first gambit reset this week i'll start introducing handcannons into my game. Thanks for the advice!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,545 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

Have to say, Last Wish raid is a bit hectic but fun, killing enemies and fisty fisty fun :D

Kimbot wrote: »
      Have to say, Last Wish raid is a bit hectic but fun, killing enemies and fisty fisty fun :D

In D1, I did all raids all the time. Had all weapons and Armor for all 3 classes from all of the 4 raids. (this is the main reason why I cannot bring myself to uninstall D1)

Attempted the Leviathan raid a few times but ended in disaster. Toxic players.

Haven't touched any of them since.

I have to say I am starting to feel very burned by the exotic economy and the lack of drops.

I have played loads since forsaken dropped, and I have got a total of 6 exotic drops, with only 1 of them being a Forsaken exotic, the rest have been year 1 versions, with duplicates with those 5 too.

I want to play with the new stuff, and while I think they were thrown at you too easily in year 1, year 2 is a joke in the opposite direction. To have played as much as I have - with beating Raids, reseting valor 5 times, weekly strike milestones, daily milestones, dreaming city stuff etc - and to have gotten so little, I just think it points to the economy being unfit for purpose.

After last nights play I turned the game off feeling very burned by it. Time to give it a break, if I can (!!), I think. I'm not liking the way Bungie is treating my time as a player.

Coupled with that is the state if match making in PVP. Constantly going up against 3 or 4 luna/not forgotten players in QP, topping my team as we get just out of mercied territory. Have started backing out of games early to be honest. 20 points to 4 down and i was involed or got the 4 kills on our side? Nah, i'm out, i'm done.

PvPs a bit of a state tbh. Telesto is horrible for the game, heavy is way too prevalent and playing other games just reminds you how ridiculous the amount of kill trades in Destiny is.

Oh, and hitting someone with my melee and nothing at all happening to them is super frustrating too.

It cracks me up to see there are still the shotty sliders in D2 PVP

Nothing gives me more pleasure than to see a player with a shotgun sliding towards me a-la D1.

Don't they know I'm a hunter with a perk called "dodge"?

They shoot fresh air and I shoot them in the back of the head.

Don't hate the player... hate the game :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,574 ✭✭✭EoinHef

I have to say I am starting to feel very burned by the exotic economy and the lack of drops.

I have played loads since forsaken dropped, and I have got a total of 6 exotic drops, with only 1 of them being a Forsaken exotic, the rest have been year 1 versions, with duplicates with those 5 too.

I want to play with the new stuff, and while I think they were thrown at you too easily in year 1, year 2 is a joke in the opposite direction. To have played as much as I have - with beating Raids, reseting valor 5 times, weekly strike milestones, daily milestones, dreaming city stuff etc - and to have gotten so little, I just think it points to the economy being unfit for purpose.

After last nights play I turned the game off feeling very burned by it. Time to give it a break, if I can (!!), I think. I'm not liking the way Bungie is treating my time as a player.

Coupled with that is the state if match making in PVP. Constantly going up against 3 or 4 luna/not forgotten players in QP, topping my team as we get just out of mercied territory. Have started backing out of games early to be honest. 20 points to 4 down and i was involed or got the 4 kills on our side? Nah, i'm out, i'm done.

Played for 3 hrs last night,got 2 exotics that i didnt have before. Were you playing much last night after the update?

--

Got malfesence quest to pop in gambit last night. Was killed so many times by queenbreaker,it was actually infuriating,think i hate it more than the sleeper in gambit.

• Advertisement

EoinHef wrote: »
      Played for 3 hrs last night,got 2 exotics that i didnt have before. Were you playing much last night after the update?

--

Got malfesence quest to pop in gambit last night. Was killed so many times by queenbreaker,it was actually infuriating,think i hate it more than the sleeper in gambit.

Yep.

Did the flashpoint, did the daily heroic adventure, did a couple of lost sectors on EDZ and some public events, played 6 or 7 Crucible matches, did Oracle Engine mission and a couple of a public events in the Dreaming City.

No exotic drop.

Advertisement