Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Destiny General Discussion 2.0

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,590 ✭✭✭sniper_samurai

EoinHef wrote: »
    Played for 3 hrs last night,got 2 exotics that i didnt have before. Were you playing much last night after the update?

--

Got malfesence quest to pop in gambit last night. Was killed so many times by queenbreaker,it was actually infuriating,think i hate it more than the sleeper in gambit.

Pretty much the same. Ended up with the Black Talon and another Darci.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,935 ✭✭✭Tazzimus

Meanwhile I've been playing most nights since Forsaken dropped and last night I finally got a Forsaken Exotic to drop that wasn't part of a quest..

• Registered Users Posts: 10,870 ✭✭✭✭Generic Dreadhead

I've gotten ~190 hours out of Forsaken. So got my moneys worth and found it very enjoyable.

But after grinding the Last Iron banner pretty hard, I just got completely burned out and haven't touched the game in over a week.

It was an excellent expansion but I needed to get off the hamster wheel sometimes :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 593 ✭✭✭cavemeister

The Exotics I have gotten so far are:

Trinity Ghoul
    Lord of Wolves
    Two-Tailed Fox
    Ace of Spades

I really don't get the TT Fox.. Such a rubbish rocket launcher. tried it for about 10 mins and vaulted it.

I really want the Queenbreaker. Was one of my favorite weapons from D1.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,088 ✭✭✭Static M.e.

I got the Queenbreaker right after Forsaken landed and I've never used it. I thought it was a bit pants really as its slow to fire. Did it get an upgrade or something? I'll try it again this weekend in Gambit.

My exotics are

Queenbreaker
    Ace of Spades
    Rat King (finally completed it by accident)
    Chaperone
    2-3 other random armour pieces.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 689 ✭✭✭Ray Bloody Purchase

Is DARCI any good? I got it there a while back. It's just sitting there though. Way below my light level.

I think its comparable to Whisper, without the box breathing perk.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,574 ✭✭✭EoinHef

Yep.

Did the flashpoint, did the daily heroic adventure, did a couple of lost sectors on EDZ and some public events, played 6 or 7 Crucible matches, did Oracle Engine mission and a couple of a public events in the Dreaming City.

No exotic drop.

Just out of curiosity did you have the fireteam boon on?

I always have one on for whatever small chamce they may give

I got the Queenbreaker right after Forsaken landed and I've never used it. I thought it was a bit pants really as its slow to fire. Did it get an upgrade or something? I'll try it again this weekend in Gambit.

My exotics are

Queenbreaker
    Ace of Spades
    Rat King (finally completed it by accident)
    Chaperone
    2-3 other random armour pieces.

I swear 9 out of 10 times i was killed by the QB last night. One hit kills. That and the sleepr

EoinHef wrote: »
    I swear 9 out of 10 times i was killed by the QB last night. One hit kills. That and the sleepr

In fairness, the QB only does what any half decent sniper rifle can do. I'm surprised that so few people actually use sniper rifles in Gambit.

• Advertisement

In fairness, the QB only does what any half decent sniper rifle can do. I'm surprised that so few people actually use sniper rifles in Gambit.

• Registered Users Posts: 45,675 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

It has the highest aim assist in the game, I think. Which if I am right is big part of the reason it gets used, very easy to headshot with it.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,590 ✭✭✭sniper_samurai

It has the highest aim assist in the game, I think. Which if I am right is big part of the reason it gets used, very easy to headshot with it.

Yeah, that and Sleeper have pretty the highest aim assist in the game. At least the Queenbreaker is a heavy, it would cause havoc in the special slot just like Telesto.

Another 2 exotic drops lat night,one i already had,the other i didnt.

In 2 days ive doubled the amount of exotics ive got from forsaken in total.

Why they couldnt have just started like this with forsaken is baffling. Probably trying to stretch it out into more "content".

• Registered Users Posts: 6,636 ✭✭✭Glebee

Im sort of done with Destiny 2 again at the moment. Have not logged on in a few days..

In case any of you might have missed it, Eververse is selling an exotic hive ship this week called Unfinal Shapes.

Its B.E.A.utiful

Malfeasance boss is popping regularly now in Gambit, I played 5 rounds last night and it popped twice..watch out for the little shield orbs tethered to him which stop you hitting him. I wasted a super last night because I somehow didn't notice the bright green tether right in front of me. Easy enough to kill apart from that I think.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,545 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

Finally done the entire Last Wish raid :D
    Im upto 590 light and flying in gambit at the moment aswell :)

I'm quite enjoying Gambit lately. Nothing else in D2 makes me sweat like when you have 15 motes, there is a large blocker to be killed and then you hear the words... "INVADER IS ON THE FIELD" :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,935 ✭✭✭Tazzimus

Yeah the raid bumped me up a fair bit by the end. Think I was only 582 ish when I started.
    Almost have the full set of gear as well, just missing the pants to be a full kit wanker.

Got my Horror Story last night as well finally.

Got the Malfeasance boss to show up once, my team then decided to forget how to shoot, as well as letting an invader run past them multiple times..

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,545 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

I got a couple of quick runs in the Forest during lunch today so I'm about 30 souls away from my horror story now :)

I so want to boot up D1 again and get a few raids in, Oryx run followed by WotM would be nice :D

• Registered Users Posts: 13,408 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

We don't all have external hard drives with acres of space, I imagine most of us peasants have deleted D1 at this stage :)

gimli2112 wrote: »
    We don't all have external hard drives with acres of space, I imagine most of us peasants have deleted D1 at this stage :)

Ah I have no external but the 1tb in the pro has it's advantages :)

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,710 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

Destiny2 free on PC for couple of weeks,numbers must be really dropping off, im sort of done with it for now myself, thoroughly enjoyed forsaken though.

https://news.blizzard.com/en-gb/blizzard/22649418/destiny-2-pc-free-on-battle-net-through-november-18

Dcully wrote: »
    Destiny2 free on PC for couple of weeks,numbers must be really dropping off, im sort of done with it for now myself, thoroughly enjoyed forsaken though.

https://news.blizzard.com/en-gb/blizzard/22649418/destiny-2-pc-free-on-battle-net-through-november-18

I reckon its finally bungie being smart. Give vanilla for free, if people like it then they are more likely to buy forsaken - vs not having played vanilla and buying from nowt.

They lose nothing giving vanilla away for free and have a load to gain.

Should have done it for D1.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,141 ✭✭✭Yakuza

In case any of you might have missed it, Eververse is selling an exotic hive ship this week called Unfinal Shapes.

Its B.E.A.utiful

Yeppers, bought it. It's sort of like a hivey X-wing (but the S-foils not locked in attack position!)
    Kimbot wrote: »
    Ah I have no external but the 1tb in the pro has it's advantages :)
    I've a non-pro with the 1TB drive, D1 still gets the odd dust off. Am just about out of space now (after nearly 2 years), must look at either deleting some games or perhaps upgrading to a 2TB drive.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,408 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

Yakuza wrote: »
    I've a non-pro with the 1TB drive, D1 still gets the odd dust off. Am just about out of space now (after nearly 2 years), must look at either deleting some games or perhaps upgrading to a 2TB drive.

I delete and reinstall games all the time, it's not that big a deal in that they reinstall in the background while you play something else

• Registered Users Posts: 278 ✭✭Daraa

Full curse after reset this week. Hope you all get the meatball fairly fast if you don't already have it!

Wish ender too with the Shattered Throne

• Advertisement

helped out on the Malfecence Corrupted strike last night.

Fook me that was tough.

Got a 'small gift' as a reward for my efforts. SCORE!

Advertisement