Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Destiny General Discussion 2.0

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 593 ✭✭✭cavemeister

Booted up D2 last night and loaded into the Heroic mission , The Rider for "powerful gear" lol

I was about 2 mins into it and I thought to myself, "I just can't be arsed" and switched it off.

I think I need a break. Going to go out and get RDR2 this weekend and try something different.

• Registered Users Posts: 278 ✭✭Daraa

Completed the Shattered Throne last night, lads in the party not impressed with me.

Randomly got "Young Ahamkara's Spine" at the start, Did the "Wish Ender" bit and got that and then got Black Talon at the very end!

Still really enjoying it and have out a decent chunk of time into it since Forsaken.

https://chrisfried.github.io/secret-scrublandeux/guardian/2/4611686018431984890

• Registered Users Posts: 5,574 ✭✭✭EoinHef

helped out on the Malfecence Corrupted strike last night.

Fook me that was tough.

Got a 'small gift' as a reward for my efforts. SCORE!

Kept getting error BEE when i was going through it the other night. After the 4th time getting kicked i gave up. Not sure what was causing it

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,545 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

I kept getting kicked last night with Baboon and some moonberry pie errors. First time it happened was my internet crapping itself so done full reboots etc and got up and running but a few mins later the same thing kept happening but my internet was fine on my phone etc which was weird so just gave up and went to bed haha

• Registered Users Posts: 3,935 ✭✭✭Tazzimus

Kimbot wrote: »
    I kept getting kicked last night with Baboon and some moonberry pie errors. First time it happened was my internet crapping itself so done full reboots etc and got up and running but a few mins later the same thing kept happening but my internet was fine on my phone etc which was weird so just gave up and went to bed haha
    We nearly 5 manned it the first time :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,141 ✭✭✭Yakuza

When Iceninja and I are on it together, one of us gets the boot the odd time; not fully out of the game, just back to orbit.
    One PS4 is plugged straight into the modem, hard coded IP address and gets NAT type 2.
    The other one is connected to the router for DHCP I use instead of the VM modem. It usually gets NAT type 2 but occasionally type 3 which is no bueno for gaming / chatting. Most frustrating. It's usually the baboon error I see, which is Bungie-speak for packet loss or general internet issues (not very helpful).

Oh, am 586 light now thanks to some pointers from De-ill-Dana and McMafia. I don't get pwned as much now on Gambit (really loving it now) nor in the Blind Well etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,361 ✭✭✭✭AbusesToilets

That Wish Ender quest was frustrating AF last night. Who thought it was a good idea to not allow you to back track in a dungeon of that size, or to allow restarts. So many hoops to jump through, Barnum Bailey style

• Registered Users Posts: 7,590 ✭✭✭sniper_samurai

That Wish Ender quest was frustrating AF last night. Who thought it was a good idea to not allow you to back track in a dungeon of that size, or to allow restarts. So many hoops to jump through, Barnum Bailey style

The ability to reset checkpoints is coming in the update for Black Armory on the 27th, really should have been there from the beginning though.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,906 ✭✭✭✭PhlegmyMoses

Finally got 1000 voices. Thing is a face melter

• Registered Users Posts: 45,675 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

Got Wish Ender last night.

Had to restart it cause Optimus got locked out of the rooms for one of the seals, and then when we wiped we were locked out of the room. (The one after the slowed thrall hallway bit) - had to restart the thing on a different character to be able to do it. Annoying.

Anyway, got the bow and then got MELTED many times at the final boss. Dunno what we did the first night through it - we one phased it without problem the first night. Last night we got nowhere near! we didn't need it for the Wish Ender and wouldn't have got a powerful drop so we just gave up after a few runs.

• Advertisement

I downloaded Destiny 2 on PS plus and it says Forsaken on it. Does that mean I have the Foresaken DLC free?
    Also, does anyone know of any good deals where I can buy all the story DLCs as a bundle?

No, you do not have all the dlc. To get all the dlc, including the three packs being released up to September you need this.
    https://store.playstation.com/en-ie/product/EP0002-CUSA06172_00-D2FRSAPBUNDLE001

It is currently down to €52.50 in the Black Friday sale.

If you just want the dlc that is currently released it is €30 for Black Friday.
    https://store.playstation.com/en-ie/product/EP0002-CUSA06172_00-DESTINY2FORSAKEN

The annual pass will cost an additional €35 if you want the three packs through September 2019 if you go this option and wish to continue on.

The first of the annual pass expansions is out on December 4th.

Thanks for your response bud but all I want are DLCs/expansions that are live right now. From what I hear there are 3 expansions/ DLCs that are playable right now (correct me if there are more):

Curse of Osiris
    Warmind
    Forsaken

On the cover of the digital release it says Forsaken so I assumed that was free with the PS+ but you're saying no? Why does it say Forsaken on the cover?

So yeah, just to clarify I only want the DLCs that are available to play right now and I'm looking for the cheapest way to get them. I've reached level 20 and want to get up to 50.

The splash screen has Forsaken on it due to it being the current version of the game, the same happened with Destiny 1 when it's two main expansions, The Taken King and Rise of Iron, were released.

The cheapest option to play what is currently available to purchase Forsaken from psn while it is €30 in the Black Friday sale until the 26th. This includes the two previous expansions, Curse of Osiris and Warmind. It does not include the upcoming Black Armory, Jokers Wild or Penumbra

https://store.playstation.com/en-ie/product/EP0002-CUSA06172_00-DESTINY2FORSAKEN

Ended up getting it for £26.24 on the PS store :)
    It's given me the option to boost my level up to 30 which I won't use for my first character.

I'm trying to Platinum the game so I've got my second character ready to go (Hunter) and plan to use the boost with him once I beat the main campaign. The thing is though by using he boost with my second character will it skip all upgrade points you would get for each level? What are the consequences of using the boost in terms of missing out on things?

It will give you all the upgrades for both base trees on all three subclasses, brings you to 350 light and skips all year 1 content.

I think it also locks you out of getting the trophy for getting all the upgrades atm, this may have been fixed though.

Fyi the Platinum trophy is currently unobtainable. This is due to Trials of the Nine currently being reworked, it will return at a future date in year 2.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

The real game starts after the story finishes, the DLC are similiar as when you finish whatever story is in them, its the stuff after that makes you keep playing.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,934 ✭✭✭ewj1978

up to LL594 with my warlock, which handily then brought my titan to 584 a lot quicker but my god trying to get to 600 is grinding on my soul now.
    Might level up my hunter now but that'll be a while as i can't skip the story..

Powered through forsaken with the Titan in Friday with mafia. Having horror story and thunderlord helped massively, as well as the first sub machine gun you get in the game seeing as all three have no level requirement's.

540 ish by the end I think and all in blue gear.
    Just need to fix the talisman and on to the dreaming city then.

Tazzimus wrote: »
    Powered through forsaken with the Titan in Friday with mafia. Having horror story and thunderlord helped massively, as well as the first sub machine gun you get in the game seeing as all three have no level requirement's.

540 ish by the end I think and all in blue gear.
    Just need to fix the talisman and on to the dreaming city then.

Buy a set of year 1 armor for your titan on a max LL character to bring them over 580.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,408 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

The Warlock jumping when mastered is supposed to be better than Hunter but it's so inconsistent I rarely experienced the benefit of it and most of my deaths were from falling...

gravity is my warlock's greatest foe

Buy a set of year 1 armor for your titan on a max LL character to bring them over 580.
    I have to hit level 50 first and then I'll move other bits across for a boost again.
    gimli2112 wrote: »
    gravity is every warlock's greatest foe

Fixed that for you

Honestly, the jumping in this game is more complex and unforgiving than any sci-fi game I've ever played with double taps. Even on Hunter which is much easier to do you cannot be descending for one moment before the second and third jump to sustain, and descent starts very quickly after the initial jump so it has to be timed perfectly.

Titans by far have the best jump.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,408 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

"Blink is excellent for jumping puzzles", said no-one ever.
    Some of the jumping options are frightening. The titan has one that give additional height initially. I put it on for something recently and kept jumping into ceilings.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,171 ✭✭✭syboit

gimli2112 wrote: »
    gravity is my warlock's greatest foe

This made me chuckle :D

So some-one who loved the whisper mission, god knows why since I'm probably the worst at jumping. As the old saying goes, I saw the bottom of the canyon more than some people had hot diners.

Advertisement