Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Destiny General Discussion 2.0

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,470 ✭✭✭SolvableKnave

Daraa wrote: »
    3rd Forge (Izami) tonight! Hopefully there isnt much of a level jump!

I'd expect the quest to be around 630 mark

• Registered Users Posts: 7,590 ✭✭✭sniper_samurai

3rd Forge (Izami) tonight! Hopefully there isnt much of a level jump!

All forges are recommended 610LL afaik, though the quest to open the forge may be higher. The enemies inside are most likely to be Vex as it is on Nessus. The last forge is probably over run with Taken in the EDZ.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,935 ✭✭✭Tazzimus

Taken forge, full of Phalanx.. Nightmare fuel

Tazzimus wrote: »
    Taken forge, full of Phalanx.. Nightmare fuel

Already Cabal and Fallen forges, Taken are the only other race in the EDZ so I doubt it will be a hive forge.

Btw it will be full of yellow bar Taken Phalanx :p

• Registered Users Posts: 278 ✭✭Daraa

fairly long quest to open the forge. Didnt mind it too much as I only run my hunter. I'd hate to have to do it on 3 characters!

Apparrently everyone should do the "return the orcale" in the dreaming city this week as well.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 830 ✭✭✭nevelator

fairly long quest to open the forge. Didnt mind it too much as I only run my hunter. I'd hate to have to do it on 3 characters!

Started that quest last night, reminded me of the exotic sword quests from D1 - I had to take a break from collecting stuff!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,549 ✭✭✭jcd5971

Jesus I just need one more braytech weapon to unlock the way fairer title, the lvl of rng on Mars is insane.

Apparrently everyone should do the "return the orcale" in the dreaming city this week as well.

Yes they should, worth it this week for sure.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,971 ✭✭✭OptimusTractor

jcd5971 wrote: »
    Jesus I just need one more braytech weapon to unlock the way fairer title, the lvl of rng on Mars is insane.

Rocket Launcher?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,549 ✭✭✭jcd5971

Rocket Launcher?

No got that, the 4 braytech weapons from Ana bray.

you have to farm the stems to make a key that opens a random node that has a random chance to drop a schematic which then has a random chance to drop one of four weapons.

you need all four for the title and every step has a chance to give duplicates.

It's a horrendous grind

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,971 ✭✭✭OptimusTractor

jcd5971 wrote: »
    No got that, the 4 braytech weapons from Ana bray.

you have to farm the stems to make a key that opens a random node that has a random chance to drop a schematic which then has a random chance to drop one of four weapons.

you need all four for the title and every step has a chance to give duplicates.

It's a horrendous grind

Mars is a mess in terms of rng. I need the scout rifle, rocket launcher and all the ep weapons except handcannon.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,781 ✭✭✭PetKing

Happy Christmas guardians of every clan, have a good one! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 17,949 ✭✭✭✭Mantis Toboggan

Lads I'm thinking of buying destiny 2 but I'm seeing different versions of it, which one do I need to buy? I just mainly want to play online.

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

Lads I'm thinking of buying destiny 2 but I'm seeing different versions of it, which one do I need to buy? I just mainly want to play online.

Buy the Destiny 2: Forsaken Legendary Edition thats €20 in Smyths if on PS4/Xbox, it includes the base game, Curse of Osiris, Warmind and Forsaken.

The Annual Pass is not included and costs an additional €35, but is not essential so I wouldn't purchase it at this time. You can buy it at a later date if you wish to continue playing, not owning it will not affect the story and only a small section of its first content drop is currently available.

anyone following the puzzle for the new forge? This could go on longer than the first last wish completion

• Registered Users Posts: 45,675 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

anyone following the puzzle for the new forge? This could go on longer than the first last wish completion

I know a few of the lads are, but i just saw it was some big complicated thing... and that once it is done a pleb like me won't have to do it to access the forge itself... so i've checked out completely. I'll take a look if I need to do it for a thing, and there are guides telling me what to do.

I know a few of the lads are, but i just saw it was some big complicated thing... and that once it is done a pleb like me won't have to do it to access the forge itself... so i've checked out completely. I'll take a look if I need to do it for a thing, and there are guides telling me what to do.

I think once the Streamers do it it'll open the forge to everyone and we wont have to. There appears to be little room for error and it'll lock people out of a activity too if everyone had to complete the steps people are doing for this.

I think once the Streamers do it it'll open the forge to everyone and we wont have to. There appears to be little room for error and it'll lock people out of a activity too if everyone had to complete the steps people are doing for this.

This is a community event similar to the map for the Outbreak Prime switch in the D1 Wrath of the Machine raid. Bungie hsve confirmed that the last forge will open for everyone upon completion.

They are on level 7 of the puzzle atm which is believed to be the final step due to Bungies love of the number 7.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,906 ✭✭✭✭PhlegmyMoses

Bungie leaving Activision is pretty crazy

• Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

Bungie leaving Activision is pretty crazy

Deserves its own thread tbh, its brilliant for bungie.

not so great for Blizzard tho.

• Advertisement

dreamers75 wrote: »
    Deserves its own thread tbh, its brilliant for bungie.

not so great for Blizzard tho.

Activision stock took a big hit on the news.

Will be interesting to see what the future brings for Destiny now.

I do think Activision/Contract were the cause of some of the D2 problems, but sure as sh1t Bungie are to blame as well for what D2 was between release and Warmind, when things really started to improve.

Seemingly, according to Jason Schrier, who has a v.good track record with Bungie info, is that one issue with Bungie and Activision was the annualised content requirement, which Bungie found tough. Does this news put an, as yet unannounced, September 2019 release on ice? Whatever about the content in the Annual pass (of which BA is part, and hasn't been received v.well to be honest), if we are running with this Destiny through to 2020... that could kill Destiny as a franchise as much as anything else. The immediate future of Destiny is a worry, imo.

Additionally, what about Vicarious Visions and High Moon - they are both Activision ownened. I would guess there are contracts between the different studios for the content in the works, but still something we don't really know about.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭Stone Deaf 4evr

I wonder if they'll opt to keep the game going and just build on it, like warframe does, rather than a whole new sequel like they did for Destiny 2?

Personally I think I'd prefer they keep adding to the game, rather than forcing some sort of mcguffin in where we all lose our powers and gear again.

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,250 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

I wonder if they'll opt to keep the game going and just build on it, like warframe does, rather than a whole new sequel like they did for Destiny 2?

Personally I think I'd prefer they keep adding to the game, rather than forcing some sort of mcguffin in where we all lose our powers and gear again.

I think maybe if they go that route they might do D3 first and then take it from there so they have a real fresh start.

as I have said before, I am all for starting over. Going for new weapons rather than relying on old ones is part of why I play Destiny. If you continue to keep older weapons you are either (1) constraining the future weapons so old ones aren't obsolete or (2) making old ones obsolete so why did we keep them in the first place.

I also have no attachment to my guardians, so wouldn't care if they killed our guy off in Destiny 3 opening and we start as a brand new guardian - could give the new one a voice and a personality - with avenging our original guardian part of the story.

I would look to be recreating and renewing Exotics in future versions as they are golden age weapons we have brought foward, so story wise it works anyway for those special weapons. But still kicking it in 2021 with my Inaugural Address, please no.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭Stone Deaf 4evr

as I have said before, I am all for starting over. Going for new weapons rather than relying on old ones is part of why I play Destiny. If you continue to keep older weapons you are either (1) constraining the future weapons so old ones aren't obsolete or (2) making old ones obsolete so why did we keep them in the first place.

I also have no attachment to my guardians, so wouldn't care if they killed our guy off in Destiny 3 opening and we start as a brand new guardian - could give the new one a voice and a personality - with avenging our original guardian part of the story.

I would look to be recreating and renewing Exotics in future versions as they are golden age weapons we have brought foward, so story wise it works anyway for those special weapons. But still kicking it in 2021 with my Inaugural Address, please no.

I've never played world of warcraft, but they've surely had this problem and have overcome it?
    -as for destiny, the newest gear in the newest expansion should always be the most powerful, and infusion is there for anyone who wants to hold onto their old stuff?

I've never played world of warcraft, but they've surely had this problem and have overcome it?
    -as for destiny, the newest gear in the newest expansion should always be the most powerful, and infusion is there for anyone who wants to hold onto their old stuff?

Yeah, from what I know in WoW when a big new expansion hits the power differences between old and new are so significant that the old gear is immediately rendered useless.

So, if the old gear is immediately rendered useless.... what is the point in retaining the old gear?

If you can infuse stuff up the power level thing isn't an argument anymore - you are down to TTK. If the TTK of the newer weapons is quicker than that is what will get used, but that means you need to continually increase the TTK of the new weapons (and then you have a very different game after a few iterations of this) or you nerf the older weapons, to much outcry.

If the TTK of the two sets are comparible then you will have to remain constrained by the design of the older weapons.

There is a decent chance that D3 (or expansion) will hit the next gen consoles (Good chance the next proper sequel is 2020 rather than this year, imo) - so the engine etc will have to be updated for that - so we want Bungie spending time ensuring the old weapons work in the new engine in the same way?

Additionally, there are rumours of D3 going far more RPG focused - how do the current subclasses and weapons/weapon perks fit in to that? Do they retool all the older stuff to fit (so they aren't the old things anymore anyway) or do they constrain the new design so that the older stuff remains relevant and useable? if they aren't usable then why did they waste their time recreating them just so you could say in 2020 "Cool, there is my midnight coup...shards".

• Registered Users Posts: 4,470 ✭✭✭SolvableKnave

Yeah, everything becomes obsolete in WoW with every new expansion. Weapons, Armour, Jewlery. New Crafting mats. They've reworked the skill trees too many times to count. You keep your character, get to new level cap and wait for the cycle to end. It's commonplace in traditional MMO's. Destiny's FPSMMO(RPGLite) is still a relatively new genre tbh.

I'd say D3 will be a fresh start all over again, and personally i'm not against that.

I think they'll go with D3 just as a way of saying this is our game from the ground up with no interference, especially given how D2 has been. A clean slate, if you will.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,141 ✭✭✭Yakuza

Yeah, everything becomes obsolete in WoW with every new expansion. Weapons, Armour, Jewlery. New Crafting mats. They've reworked the skill trees too many times to count. You keep your character, get to new level cap and wait for the cycle to end. It's commonplace in traditional MMO's. Destiny's FPSMMO(RPGLite) is still a relatively new genre tbh.

Mudflation (when MMORPGs were called Multi User Dungeons). I played Everquest for years. The "phat lewtz" the stuff you quested for months on or raided for many times to get that rare drop quickly becomes garbage that you wouldn't twink a new character with after a few expansions. I think EQ is somewhere in the twenties (expansion-wise) now, it's been around since 1999 but I haven't played it with any regularity since the late 00s).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 593 ✭✭✭cavemeister

If they have started designing D3 already, I'm guessing it's the Activision version which I'm sure they will scrap and start fresh. Either way, I'm guessing 2021 for D3.

I'm guessing Eververse and PS exclusives will disappear now? They were Activision money grabs.

I'm delighted Bungie walked.

Advertisement