Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Destiny General Discussion 2.0

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 709 ✭✭✭goon_magee

If they have started designing D3 already, I'm guessing it's the Activision version which I'm sure they will scrap and start fresh. Either way, I'm guessing 2021 for D3.

I'm guessing Eververse and PS exclusives will disappear now? They were Activision money grabs.

I'm delighted Bungie walked.

I think it's fairly naive to think that Eververse will disappear, but I hope you're right. Microtransactions are embedded into the Destiny experience now, and let's not pretend that Devs aren't money hungry beasts themselves.

Like I said I hope you're right, I just can't see Bungie turning their back on what I imagine is a fairly lucrative revenue stream.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,549 ✭✭✭jcd5971

Eververse was a bungie initiative, the talk at the time was they were struggling to make the deadline for expansions and offered this to Activision as middle ground to ease the crunch of churning out content.

Now obviously with no Activision there is no need to prove a revenue stream and meet deadlines to a publisher, so it hopefully/possibly will result in Eververse fading into background a bit.

The only big change I can see happening to be honest is a larger time between Content drops, and the content being bigger in scale more like forsaken and less like dark below, house of wolves, curse of osiris and warmind.

jcd5971 wrote: »
    Eververse was a bungie initiative, the talk at the time was they were struggling to make the deadline for expansions and offered this to Activision as middle ground to ease the crunch of churning out content.

Now obviously with no Activision there is no need to prove a revenue stream and meet deadlines to a publisher, so it hopefully/possibly will result in Eververse fading into background a bit.

The only big change I can see happening to be honest is a larger time between Content drops, and the content being bigger in scale more like forsaken and less like dark below, house of wolves, curse of osiris and warmind.

Longer between content drops is a huge concern for me. Content is sparse as is. If they intend to use annual pass style drops to keep the content coming between bigger launches then fine, but I would need to be fairly impressed by the next two content packs to be convinced that this is a viable plan, especially after how poor I've found Black Armory to be.

goon_magee wrote:
    Longer between content drops is a huge concern for me. Content is sparse as is. If they intend to use annual pass style drops to keep the content coming between bigger launches then fine, but I would need to be fairly impressed by the next two content packs to be convinced that this is a viable plan, especially after how poor I've found Black Armory to be.

I'd imagine there will be little to no changes made to the rest of the annual pass that is barring some tweaking, most likely finished by now.

Dev cycles are longer than that, the question now is what they do with D3 which is surely well under development already.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,935 ✭✭✭Tazzimus

They mentioned that the current road map is staying as is, so we shouldn't see much difference there hopefully.

After that though, I'm not so sure.

• Advertisement

I still see a lot of negativity towards destiny in general especially in that cesspit of toxicity known as reddit, but you can't claim there's no value for money.

Red dead 2 is proclaimed as a game of the year/decade by many, but in a lot of ways it's an asset flip of gta v, the content is mainly fetch quests and it controls like an early ps2 game its so clunky, trying to walk around a room is like trying to turn the titanic.

My point being I think people expect too much from destiny at times.

I still see a lot of negativity towards destiny in general especially in that cesspit of toxicity known as reddit, but you can't claim there's no value for money.

Red dead 2 is proclaimed as a game of the year/decade by many, but in a lot of ways it's an asset flip of gta v, the content is mainly fetch quests and it controls like an early ps2 game its so clunky, trying to walk around a room is like trying to turn the titanic.

Yep, I've definitely got my money's worth from the game, I do still want them to release content at least as often as they have been to date though. As much as I've disliked BA it's given me a consistent reason to log in which I've appreciated.

Also agree with your points on RDR2. IMO it's trash and one of the most overrated games I've played in a long while. Not sure I agree it's an asset flip though given the massive difference in settings and eras, very little room for the two games to have overlap with assets.

goon_magee wrote:
    Also agree with your points on RDR2. IMO it's trash and one of the most overrated games I've played in a long while. Not sure I agree it's an asset flip though given the massive difference in settings and eras, very little room for the two games to have overlap with assets.

More I meant same engine, it looks the same plays the same, the aim is the same, the first person view is lifted straight from gtav with no improvement, same inventory screens etc.

My point is it's 70euro for what 50-60 hours and I'm only finishing it for the trophy at this point, it's actually frustrating to play.

Destiny was say 150€ all in and I've over a thousand hours in and still enjoying the actual gameplay.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,545 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

More I meant same engine, it looks the same plays the same, the aim is the same, the first person view is lifted straight from gtav with no improvement, same inventory screens etc.

My point is it's 70euro for what 50-60 hours and I'm only finishing it for the trophy at this point, it's actually frustrating to play.

Destiny was say 150€ all in and I've over a thousand hours in and still enjoying the actual gameplay.

If you are a day 1 destiny 2 player then it's a bit closer to 200 all in considering 2 season passes and forsaken etc.

Kimbot wrote: »
    If you are a day 1 destiny 2 player then it's a bit closer to 200 all in considering 2 season passes and forsaken etc.

A wild Jonny appears.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,545 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

Tazzimus wrote: »
    A wild Jonny appears.

Ah man, I haven't been gaming proper in ages. Probably won't be able to get on for another for weeks at this rate :(

• Registered Users Posts: 7,636 ✭✭✭Doctor Jimbob

Ah sure that's standard for Reddit, any opinion gets amplified to the extreme and the moderate sensible voices get drowned out by those shouting that whatever topic of the day is the best/worst thing ever.

Destiny is certainly value for money, my main complaint about it at the moment is that it nearly demands too much time to be able to take on a lot of the content. I'd love to try the new raid but just can't justify the time it would take to gear up sufficiently when there's so many other things I could be doing. Personally I'd prefer either less content that's more engaging, or less need to repeat the same content over and over again. I appreciate I'm probably in a minority with that opinion though. All that said, I really can't criticise the game as a whole. I've certainly got my money's worth out of it and the core gameplay is excellent.

I've been enjoying Red Dead but I've mostly been dipping in and out of it and enjoying the story. Completely agree that the controls are frustrating as hell.

• Registered Users Posts: 593 ✭✭✭cavemeister

I finally got the Malfeasance exotic quest yesterday.
    I'm at the corrupted mission part and OMG.. it's impossible.

Has anyone solo'd it or is it a Fireteam only encounter?

Using a 613 Warlock.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,470 ✭✭✭SolvableKnave

I finally got the Malfeasance exotic quest yesterday.
    I'm at the corrupted mission part and OMG.. it's impossible.

Has anyone solo'd it or is it a Fireteam only encounter?

Using a 613 Warlock.

You. Will. Need. A. Fireteam.

I tried so many times to solo it. Got as far as the lift where you have to throw the bombs to take down the shields. Get yourself a team. It's still a bitch at times. And lots of void .

You. Will. Need. A. Fireteam.

I tried so many times to solo it. Got as far as the lift where you have to throw the bombs to take down the shields. Get yourself a team. It's still a bitch at times. And lots of void .

Good to know it's not just me being rubbish!!

Now to find a fireteam willing to help me out.

• Registered Users Posts: 45,675 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

I've help a couple of times on it - not got the quest myself, and by sounds of the steps I don't think there would be a point to me getting it....

First time i help was a freaking nightmare. Second time, more recently with LL way over 600 it was MUCH simpler. Final boss went down fairly quick. (both attempts in a FT of 3.)

I've help a couple of times on it - not got the quest myself, and by sounds of the steps I don't think there would be a point to me getting it....

First time i help was a freaking nightmare. Second time, more recently with LL way over 600 it was MUCH simpler. Final boss went down fairly quick. (both attempts in a FT of 3.)

Yeah, I'm not even sure why I'm bothering with the quest myself as the final step is to wipe an entire enemy team in Gambit in one go. I have no idea how I will be able to do that!! Gambit is so sweaty right now.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,590 ✭✭✭sniper_samurai

Yeah, I'm not even sure why I'm bothering with the quest myself as the final step is to wipe an entire enemy team in Gambit in one go. I have no idea how I will be able to do that!! Gambit is so sweaty right now.

It still counts if one of your team gets the kills.

It still counts if one of your team gets the kills.

Yeah, but they have to do it 4 times.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,408 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

It sounds like a job for a particularly aggressive super or heavy. Wouldn't want to be trying it otherwise.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,088 ✭✭✭Static M.e.

Yeah, but they have to do it 4 times.

I don't think they do, I think they have to kill all four team members in one go. My recollection is that the part of the quest was much easier than I originally thought it would be.

I don't think they do, I think they have to kill all four team members in one go. My recollection is that the part of the quest was much easier than I originally thought it would be.
    Yeah I got that part without realising one night, thanks to much better team mates than myself.
    Just have 10 guardian kills left of the 25 and should have it, to never be used and gather dust in the vault.

The last step is you kill all 4 in one invade, or team mates do it three times.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,141 ✭✭✭Yakuza

Really? I'll be letting iceninja take the controls for that step lol.

• Registered Users Posts: 364 ✭✭morceli

Managed to almost do my first prestige raid , but this Calus lad isn’t playing nice ...

morceli wrote: »
    Managed to almost do my first prestige raid , but this Calus lad isn’t playing nice ...

Yeah, the Calus encounter on prestige is not nice. Very easy to forget or mix up the calls for the psions for whoever gets swapped in.

Guys, quick question re: crimson days

https://www.bungie.net/en/Explore/Detail/News/47607

the above is yesterdays TWAB blog and it talks about Nighfall duo bounties.

Am I reading this wrong or are they saying that you need to 2 man the weekly Nightfall?

Guys, quick question re: crimson days

https://www.bungie.net/en/Explore/Detail/News/47607

the above is yesterdays TWAB blog and it talks about Nighfall duo bounties.

Am I reading this wrong or are they saying that you need to 2 man the weekly Nightfall?

Yes. The triumph for doing so can already trigger, it is called Two to Tango. Depending on the strike it isn't too bad.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,141 ✭✭✭Yakuza

Iceninja and I tend to duo one nightfall per week (no mods, so not a great score) for the Powerful drop. We got the triumph last week.

• Registered Users Posts: 278 ✭✭Daraa

is it just me or are Bungie suspiciously quiet for Seaon of the Drifter?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,470 ✭✭✭SolvableKnave

Daraa wrote: »
    is it just me or are Bungie suspiciously quiet for Seaon of the Drifter?

I'm looking forward to even less communication for Penumbra, the Season of Secrets. :p

Advertisement