Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Destiny General Discussion 2.0

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,935 ✭✭✭Tazzimus

I've played with people who know the rules of the game yet cannablise each other by stealing each other's motes and then either lose all their motes or deposit like 2. Completely senseless. :rolleyes:

You'll find this is normal if you're not in a 4 stack, welcome to Gambit.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,357 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

has anyone got a Pro/Con list for siding with the Drifter/Vanguard?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,590 ✭✭✭sniper_samurai

Vicxas wrote: »
    has anyone got a Pro/Con list for siding with the Drifter/Vanguard?

Drifter pros
    4 synths for prime per week after completion, one per role.
    100 infamy per week
    Cons
    Locks out Aunor lore book

Vanguard is pretty much the opposite of the above.

Both give a very powerful drop each week too.

Apart from that there are just a few different voice lines playing gambit/crucible depending on who you join.

This decision is per character so have at least 1 join each faction.

Need some advice for The Reckoning.
    Reaper, Invader, Sentry or Collector?
    I'll answer your question with a question.

How do you play Gambit usually?

I'm a generalist so I do the killing of the ads and also invade and bank motes in equal measure, that's why I'm a bit undecided as to what to go for.
    I'll rephrase so.

Which part do you like/prefer doing more?

I tend to go between clearing the bank, as I usually solo queue and blueberries are idiots, and banking motes so we can get the Primeval up as again, blueberries are idiots.

If I'm playing with the other lads in the clan, I'll usually just do that and kill things and let them worry about motes and invading, unless there's motes that will disappear and no one is picking them up.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 45,675 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

If you have to twist my arm for one I'd say I enjoy decimating ads most, not that I'm a nihilistic lizard or anything but I prefer to cover and support my team mates (and it takes the pressure off losing any motes) biggrin.png
    So anything that helps with taking out blockers and heavy enemies.

Reaper or Sentry would be the roles to go for - more so Reaper I think.

https://www.metabomb.net/destiny-2/gameplay-guides/destiny-2-gambit-prime-armor-guide-reaper-sentry-collector-and-invader-explained

Yeah Reaper sounds like a good fit. Sentry is more blockers and invaders, but if you have Malfeasance that'll generally do quite well on it's own.

Hand Cannon that does bonus damage against Taken, reasonably decent.

I guess you mean the gardens section, you just need to be more stealthy :)
    Plus You can pretty much melt the dogs off a single flower.

Tazzimus wrote: »
    Hand Cannon that does bonus damage against Taken, reasonably decent.

I guess you mean the gardens section, you just need to be more stealthy :)
    Plus You can pretty much melt the dogs off a single flower.

Does increased damage to invaders in gambit too.

Well, of course we're stealthy (stealth is my preferred playstyle) but when the dogs are in front of the person leading yet don't spot them and spot the person at the back even though they are nut to but something is seriously wrong. :eek:

ETA: My fave handcannon for PVE is sunshot just because you can kill 4 enemies with just one hit due to explosive damage.

btw the glimmer gain in this game is laughable. I spent 100000 on legendary shards from Spider (had nothing to dismantle for infusion) and made 36000 glimmer in a day and I'm already back at 100000 again in just 3 days with nothing to spend on because now I have legendary shards coming out of my ear holes. :D

You should try the Graviton Lance pulse rifle, basically nova bomb in a gun.

Yeah I constantly hit the glimmer cap and have several thousand shards, I'll probably have several thousand more whenever I decide to clear out my vault as well.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,574 ✭✭✭EoinHef

Glimmer is one of those things thats never an issue till it is :pac:

Decided to jump on for the first time in an age last night. Did the Volunder forge for the hammerhead. And most of the 640 power bounties.

Would i be right in saying theres no more major quest,its just the forges rotate every week and you need to get frames? Was a tad tipsy last night so can really emember:(

Currently grinding out the Thorn and Sleeper Simulant quest, it's a pain.
    I'm also one mission away from getting the Malfeasance hand cannon.

For the Last Word I'd imagine one would have to be very, very skilled to get that gun.
    I have it, so not really :)

I attempted the Leviathan Raid on prestige difficulty yesterday with randoms (more specifically, just the Calas boss fight) and my oh my was it eye opening. You start to realise that the reason why some players suck at videos games is not because they lack intelligence but because they lack the ability to admit their mistakes. If you don't admit your mistakes then you can't learn from them. Too many hyper macho dudebros out there with huge egos who talk the talk but can't walk the talk and won't allow anyone to help them when they clearly need help.

The people in the void room (who volunteered themselves) kept complaining that the last barrier would not spawn, when I asked them why they said it was because the game was "glitched and that everyone is doing what they're supposed to do, it's just that this raid is sh*t". I didn't buy it so I looked online. Turns out the last barrier doesn't spawn if you take too long and there is no such reported glitch. This thread is really useful.

And yet after I explained this to them politely one of the guys got whiny, saying how he had done this" 20 effing times" beforehand (but only twice to completion) and that he knew what he was doing (he was generally argumentative and rude to me from the moment he got on).

Anyway, he and others in the void room continued to make the same mistake over and over and over again. Not different ones. The exact SAME ONE. On top of that some of the people on void room duty would die in just the first ad wave alone over and over again. The easiest part.

After 5 hours on Calas I called it a night and seeing as I was clearly the best player on the team (which says a lot because I'm not that good at Destiny) they all quit with me rather than finding a replacement like they did with everyone else who had left that night (multiple people had far less patience than I did and quit earlier).

My first clue should have been when the party leader/person who put up the ad said he'd been trying to beat Calas for 2 days. :eek:

That encounter is not easy without coordination on Prestige, the swapping of the person between rooms can easily cause issues even with an experienced team. The barrier not spawning is due to the correct psion outside not being killed within the time limit. The call outs from the void room need to be sharp on Prestige, a common mistake I find is the person who gets teleported in is either late or forgets to do the call out.

Yep,

Always good to have 4 people for the void room, with them doing the Psion punching so it's always the same people going in and out.

Even at that, it's a tricky encounter.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,408 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

If online gaming has taught us anything it is never to try anything complicated with randoms

gimli2112 wrote: »
    If online gaming has taught us anything it is never to try anything with randoms

Fixed that for you

• Registered Users Posts: 4,470 ✭✭✭SolvableKnave

That moment when somebody uses your favourite weapon that nobody uses against you in the crucible:eek:
    Thankfully, I've been so adept with the weapon in question that I beat the other guy most of the time... but it was still shocking! Same thing happened in Gambit when I was invading. One of the opposing team mates worked out what weapon I was using and then started using that when invading and even killed me with it! It was the first time I realised what my weapon sounded like as incoming fire. :D

Managed to get the K/D ratio part of the crucible done for The Last Word, so happy :D
    It taught me a lot actually:
    • I realised I need to resist the temptation to chase after kills. I even saw players try to do that to me and most of the time I'd deliberately have them chase me back to my group so that we could all open fire on them together lol
    • Always stick with your team, don't go solo most of the time otherwise you're easy pickings.
    • An enemy who feels confident putting themselves in a doorway against 4 of your team mates is usually because they have a heavy rocket/grenade launcher and can take you all out in one hit. So many times I would hang back and watch 3 of my tea mates get decimated. Also, after someone shoots a rocket, aim at them immediately because they'll be reloading.
    • Someone slips in close to you, it's a shotgun - jump.

These are all things you guys probably knew already though.

You should try Top tree Striker Titan with Insurmountable Skullfort. Just run around shoulder charging the enemy, with each kill instantly recharging your melee thanks to Skullfort. Run that with a Shotty / Full Auto Sidearm combo and get in amongst them.

Flank from behind, shouldercharge one to their electric death (if they are close enough, the discharge will do a little damage to their teammates), then just unload your shotty and sidearm into them.

You will die, but it is very infuriating to play against.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,470 ✭✭✭SolvableKnave

I know which one you're referring to and thank you but that's the kind of wreckless play style I'm trying to avoid now. I'm focusing more now on strategic and defensive moves, rather than just going for the kill. I find I do much better on the leader board that way. :)

Got the Breakneck assault rifle and having loads of fun with it on my hunter. Coupled with my top tree void super and Orpheus Rigs I'm just spamming supers all over the place. It's good in pvp as well.

Pfft, keep your strategic play to IB and Comp. Quickplay should be all about off meta shenanigans. :D

If your KD is above 1 at end of game, you've done the Titan Smashy job perfectly.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Ballyness

Slainte guardians, I’m looking for a clan I can join to enjoy playing destiny with, ive been playing solid since 09/14 solid and I’ve dropped off a bit recently. Any help would be appreciated

Advertisement